C36 AMG, C43 AMG (W202) 1995 - 2000

Climate Control Q.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-09-2016, 08:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W202 C43 W201 190D 2.2
Originally Posted by DRBC43AMG
The test is definitely more complicated. Any faulty safety related parts, such as steering, brakes, suspension gives an automatic reject. Rust holes on the chassis is a reject. Non standard lights or non adjusted headlights are rejects. Emisions over official Factory determined levels are rejects. Any leaks by any liquid is a reject.
You can consider your tests very simple indeed.

As you are probably aware, the level of safety inspection varies from state to state. Here in Colorado, we basically have just an emissions testing program. They do test the fuel cap, but that is it aside from the emissions. Colorado used to have bi-annual vehicle inspections, which were much closer to what you describe in Switzerland, though twice a year. That ended in the 70s.

I used to live in Hawaii, which has an annual inspection and it is pretty much the same like yours. The problem there is that a white military guy like me had to get it done by a "local;" the only place to get the inspection is at a privately run shop. The state has no facilities for the inspection. So on my first test, I failed. My 91 E34 M5 had 9" rears, which was stock on non-NA spec M5s, but never for NA. The guy failed me for that, lol. But, I could get a permit for the 9" rears. The state ran the permit program and appointments were about 5 weeks out. The permit inspection location is under the H1 highway, looks very shady and is essentially a scam (what govt function is legitimate these days). The inspector wanted cash. I didnt care. I had been without a state vehicle permit for my out of state vehicle for a month, getting on base required a pass every morning. Luckily the permit was permanent.
Old 06-09-2016, 09:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 251 Likes on 212 Posts
12' W204 C63 AMG coupe "T-Rex", 12' W451 Smart Fortwo Pulse (99' W202 C43 AMG sold)
Guess one could write a book with the different systems and practices that exist