C36 AMG, C43 AMG (W202) 1995 - 2000

C43 Suspension upgrade & discussion

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-04-2016, 03:51 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
1999 C43 AMG
C43 Suspension upgrade & discussion

I just wanted to start a topic about suspension upgrades. So i decided to post pics and also discuss parts and part numbers. So here's the story. I have been off work for a year due to back injury and been kind of hard day to day. So i decided to let my brother in law to drive the C43, while I get back to work and he pays me to use it. So that said, he wants to buy it off of me, figures. I will highly will sell it to him. He knows how much I have spent on it. Brakes, parts, paint job, etc. So now where it gets interesting. Since it's still mine and i have yet to finalize to sell it, I have a lot, and I mean a lot of spare parts in my garage. Now don't get me wrong, I love the C43 and is as strong in the engine as it is in the body shell. So I will likely sell it to my bro in law, and buy my friends W202 C55 coversion. Down side is a salvage, i know what happened and i was there when it happened. So since he hasn't sold it yet, since he knows I'll baby it cause he Rebuilt and Redid the Engine (Off a ML55, NEW engine basically, seals, gaskets, etc) and the transmission (Off a W210 E55, rebuild, seals etc) I have been in on and off if should I sell some parts.

I have a few. but what the discussion i wanted to talk about is about the bushings. I know the w202 has a bad LCA bushing issue and has to be replaced ever so often, so i found a solution: CLK55 w208 bushings. they fit right in and are stiffer than the stock. here are some pics.

Also, anyone has a solution to why there is play in the steering? could it be the specs are off if a steering link was replaced and is there a spec to it while installed?

Let me know what you think and any pics of the parts you have installed as upgrades?

Spare Bumper assy

Spare Bumper assy

Spare Bumper assy

Spare Bumper assy

OEM C43 Floormats NEW Black/White 2 Tone

OEM C43 Floormats NEW Black/White 2 Tone

CLK55 Upgrade Bushing set

CLK55 Upgrade Bushing set

The Actual upgraded bushing comes in its own part number, but is not order-able by Mercedes. Only as the kit.

The Actual upgraded bushing comes in its own part number, but is not order-able by Mercedes. Only as the kit.

Bushing bottom view

Bushing top view

Bushing top view

Bushing top view

The Shocks

The Shocks

The Shocks

The Shocks

The Shocks

The Shocks

The Upgrade

Last edited by Tony_AMG; 06-04-2016 at 04:15 AM.
Old 06-04-2016, 08:53 AM
Banned

Received 36 Likes on 35 Posts
did you clean out parts department at stealership?
you have lots of parts on shelf.

are you going to sell these parts or what you going to do with them?

the w202 C55 has a salvage title, if you going to keep this car for the rest of your life?
do you care if it's a salvage or not?
if it was properly repaired this shouldn't be a prob?
what happened to this c55?
was it severely damaged?
Old 06-04-2016, 11:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 45 Likes on 42 Posts
1999 AMG C43
Wooooooo!!!!

Nice inventory there! Decided to stick with the oem suspension? I think you can recoup a small fortune there. He doesn't want the spare parts?

I want to do my suspension, called vogtlandt to get some info on their product,,,,seems like it is a no-support company. buy it at your own risk???
Old 06-04-2016, 02:06 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by mickey13
Wooooooo!!!!

Nice inventory there! Decided to stick with the oem suspension? I think you can recoup a small fortune there. He doesn't want the spare parts?

I want to do my suspension, called vogtlandt to get some info on their product,,,,seems like it is a no-support company. buy it at your own risk???
it's their loss if they don't get back to ya mate.
buy another brand of lowering springs
Old 06-04-2016, 03:02 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
1999 C43 AMG
LOL no i bought them after I purchased the C43 before/after. Before i bought the C43, i was going to do full AMG Conversion to my kompressor, but then drivers ruined my plans. Oh yeha I don't care for the salvage title. 2nd the C55 is a beast, and it was not in a collision. roof had to be replaced etc. I don't think my brother in law would pay me for the suspension parts I have, not that he cares but cant force him to do what he does not want to. This is not all the parts I have, i have rockers, rear cover, pair of xenon with out ballast, bunch of spark plugs, service parts. i have a bunch of stuff i bought but you know how the isdh goes when you plan things from scratch and people ruin it.

Last edited by Tony_AMG; 06-04-2016 at 03:05 PM.
Old 06-04-2016, 03:30 PM
Banned

we're all horders for AMG parts.
good thing to get many of them before they go out of stock