Do you drive all seasons?

Old 07-13-2016, 02:33 PM
Banned

Received 36 Likes on 35 Posts
Do you drive all seasons?

Do you drive your car all year round?
Do you drive your car when it rains?

I don't drive my car in winter.
In summer, I do avoid taking my car out if it's a rainy day, I haven't driven my car for 14 days now coz it's been pi$$in' rain for 2 whole weeks.

If I'm out on a clear day and weather turns and starts pi$$in' there's nuthin' I can do about it, I get a free but unwanted acidic carwash

Last edited by KJI3jflarryfe93; 07-14-2016 at 02:12 PM.
Old 07-13-2016, 03:58 PM

Received 61 Likes on 54 Posts
2015 E550 Coupe
This looks interesting so I'll bite to see what the point of this tread is.

Yes, I have all season tires on my car and yes I do actually drive it both when it rains or, if necessary, when it snows. The car handles fine in both, so no concern from a drivability perspective. Obviously no street racing or high speed cutting in and out of all the lanes as it's raining buckets or there is half a foot or more of snow on the ground, but that no problem with regular driving. Yes, the car does get "dirty", but so what? Just get the car detailed when necessary.
Old 07-13-2016, 04:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 170 Likes on 138 Posts
1999 C43 AMG, 2005 E55 Wagon
All year, all weather. Rain, snow, etc. No worries, no issues. Car is a kitten when I feather it. Lion when I push it. It's a perfect mix of a car. I average 22mpg, even.
Old 07-13-2016, 08:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 371 Likes on 279 Posts
05 c55 silver, 98 Imperial Red C43
Every day since I got her
Old 07-13-2016, 10:03 PM

Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts
2004 E55
Garaged all winter. Only way to make these cars survive in the Midwest IMO.
Old 07-14-2016, 04:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 251 Likes on 212 Posts
12' W204 C63 AMG coupe "T-Rex", 12' W451 Smart Fortwo Pulse (99' W202 C43 AMG sold)
Hibernated during the winter months (November to April) depending if salt has been thrown on the roads or rain has washed it away. Otherwise "T Rex" is driven in all weather. She's not a garage queen
Old 07-14-2016, 05:12 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by PaulE550
This looks interesting so I'll bite to see what the point of this tread is.

Yes, I have all season tires on my car and yes I do actually drive it both when it rains or, if necessary, when it snows. The car handles fine in both, so no concern from a drivability perspective. Obviously no street racing or high speed cutting in and out of all the lanes as it's raining buckets or there is half a foot or more of snow on the ground, but that no problem with regular driving. Yes, the car does get "dirty", but so what? Just get the car detailed when necessary.

well buddy, our cars are rustbuckets if they Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr not treated properly!
since I bought my car it has never seen salt or snowy roads.
regarding rain, I hate getting her wet n dirty
it's enuff crap dealing with possible bird pooh and dead flies on the front window and bonnet/bumper

if you decide to keep your car for many years or 4 life?
I also recommend doing a body internal cavity wax oil treatment and thick undercoating.
I had my car waxoiled maybe 10 years ago, undercoating is still elastic.
it will cost ya a few hundred bux doing this treatment, it's worth all the money if you want your car to stay rustfree.

Last edited by KJI3jflarryfe93; 07-14-2016 at 06:02 AM.
Old 07-14-2016, 10:49 AM

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
14 E350; 12 Camaro; 07 Range Rocer; 06 Dodge Ram
no one like a dirty car, specially rain after a clean car wash. Unlike cars in the 70's, New car's panels are sprayed both inside and outside. Rust bucket are cars that is not washed and taken care of.
Old 07-14-2016, 11:14 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by jylee
no one like a dirty car, specially rain after a clean car wash. Unlike cars in the 70's, New car's panels are sprayed both inside and outside. Rust bucket are cars that is not washed and taken care of.
I see you're in TeHas, no car should rust over there not even a rustbucket W210 E-class.
If you come to my neck of wood, there are not many W210 surviving the dreaded cancer rot.
dubble

only thing happening in TeHas is car gets a sun faded paint and a dry cracked interior, other than that TeHas cars must be very wünderful?
Old 07-14-2016, 01:24 PM

Received 61 Likes on 54 Posts
2015 E550 Coupe
Originally Posted by kowalski
well buddy, our cars are rustbuckets if they Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr not treated properly!
since I bought my car it has never seen salt or snowy roads.
regarding rain, I hate getting her wet n dirty
it's enuff crap dealing with possible bird pooh and dead flies on the front window and bonnet/bumper

if you decide to keep your car for many years or 4 life?
I also recommend doing a body internal cavity wax oil treatment and thick undercoating.
I had my car waxoiled maybe 10 years ago, undercoating is still elastic.
it will cost ya a few hundred bux doing this treatment, it's worth all the money if you want your car to stay rustfree.
OK. So you paint a picture of MB vehicles being so poorly built and so fragile that they make the typical Ferrari, which is one of the most temperamental and fragile cars to own as a DD, as being a tank in comparison. Really? Somehow I doubt that. So it rains. Get the car properly washed and detailed the next day, if necessary, and you are good to go. Same goes for the day after driving through snow or salted roads. We have several detailing services in my area that do a brisk business during the winter. They clean and treat the underside of the car, as well as the body and interior. Very thorough process. Everyone who owns a decent luxury or sports car, not just MB owners, likes to keep them clean and we'll maintained. Plus almost all of us have two, three or more vehicles to use if the weather is really bad.

If you want to garage your car for four or five months a year, that is certainly your right. Whatever you prefer. At least now I know why you posted your question based on your reply to me and jylee. You just want to tell everyone how well you have maintained your car and the your way is the only way. Fine. Message received.
Old 07-14-2016, 01:31 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by PaulE550

You just want to tell everyone how well you have maintained your car and the your way is the only way. Fine. Message received.
it's my way or the hiway, I think Dalton said this.
what you do with your ride i don't give a fock or would care

what ever dude!
with your the above moronic comment please stay out of my thread, you are in the wrong place!!

BTW no.1:
With your 4 total interesting threads, I see why almost no-one would reply to your threads! HA HA HA HA!

BTW no.2:
Do have an AMG badge on your boot?
If yes, then you are a poser, I forgive you for your rude attitude why you want to post in the AMG w202 section.
Ignorant people don't know what they say, do or write!

Last edited by KJI3jflarryfe93; 07-14-2016 at 03:27 PM.
Old 07-14-2016, 03:09 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1998 W202 C43 ///AMG 5.4
hehhehe.. finally someone who's got an opinion and speaks out!!
i like this.
yep.. i also drive all season.. live in the Netherlands( small ff-ing country where theres more rain then u can imagine, and i use my car where its made for... "to be driven"
and yep.. off course it breaks. why?? cause i use it hard ... i decided to install the 5.5.. and yep. a C43 cant handle it.
tranny broke... now diff is broken.. and ..even my hardy disk hits the underside of my carosserie.
have new bushing under way.. and a brandnew diff.
i would not do a swap.. stop the search.. it will only give trial and error.

im waiting for the next thing to break .. cause i know it will happen.
happy driving!!!!
Old 07-14-2016, 03:30 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by DutchC54
hehhehe.. finally someone who's got an opinion and speaks out!!
i like this.
yep.. i also drive all season.. live in the Netherlands( small ff-ing country where theres more rain then u can imagine, and i use my car where its made for... "to be driven"
and yep.. off course it breaks. why?? cause i use it hard ... i decided to install the 5.5.. and yep. a C43 cant handle it.
tranny broke... now diff is broken.. and ..even my hardy disk hits the underside of my carosserie.
have new bushing under way.. and a brandnew diff.
i would not do a swap.. stop the search.. it will only give trial and error.

im waiting for the next thing to break .. cause i know it will happen.
happy driving!!!!
AMG is ment to be driven hard.
I only do that 25% in summer on dry days.

I made the choice not to drive my car when it rains or in winter,
Old 07-14-2016, 03:41 PM

1998 W202 C43 ///AMG 5.4
thats totally your decission.
but if u are so fond of your car... then also dont think to do the swap.
ull break things.. and u are a freak as a i read it.
things will break, and need to be modified to handle the extra power when a 5.5 is installed.
u are more intrigued by how the rear bumper sits etc.. thats totally your good call.
i drive an old V8 AMG mercedes which i like to trash. and so there are more people out here who do.
i got a few extra cars which i use to drive .. i ( and im Obvious different then u) dont give fok how my rear bumper sits.
how my front bumper sits and how much wear my driver seat has.
i drive mine every weekend and luvvvvvvvvvv it. i have a lease company car which i trash even harder since im not buying. muhahaha
Old 07-14-2016, 03:57 PM
Banned

yeah, we all have different mentality when it comes to our cars.
it bugs me a lot when MB made weak rear bumpers, with age they get wavy and looking very nasty.
I like to view c43 picture thread to see if your cars bumpers are affected too?
luckily I have a very small wave on my bumper, others have much worse
Old 07-14-2016, 04:51 PM

1998 W202 C43 ///AMG 5.4
but then its not that nessecairy to point it out.... u seem to make it look like its a big deal when someone posts his car of which he's proud of.
enjoy yours.. we do that with ours.
Old 07-14-2016, 05:21 PM
Banned

i have some probs with my car it's not all flawless, i have to learn to live with them and deal with the problems when i buy new parts
Old 07-14-2016, 06:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes Benz E350 4MATIC 2010
Originally Posted by kowalski
Do you drive your car all year round?
Do you drive your car when it rains?

I don't drive my car in winter.
In summer, I do avoid taking my car out if it's a rainy day, I haven't driven my car for 14 days now coz it's been pi$$in' rain for 2 whole weeks.

If I'm out on a clear day and weather turns and starts pi$$in' there's nuthin' I can do about it, I get a free but unwanted acidic carwash
Just got my car a few weeks ago and it's a year round. Just glad I have a garage and no longer live on a dirt road
Old 07-14-2016, 06:43 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Arctic2010
Just got my car a few weeks ago and it's a year round. Just glad I have a garage and no longer live on a dirt road
having a garage is great, no bird droppings or other hazardous stuff which might happen to your car if left outside
Old 07-14-2016, 07:14 PM

Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts
2004 E55
If anything, this thread should focus on the fact that your paint loves being protected & that they all don't need to rust out; drive it all seasons, every damn day, but take proper care of the paint/replace old parts & these old dogs will still reward you with a smile every time you look at them & drive them.