Looking For A Volunteer To Test Out My Mod

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-07-2016, 07:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 110 Likes on 93 Posts
c43
Looking For A Volunteer To Test Out My Mod

Hey everyone, I like to keep selling the Fast Flow Elbow (FFE) that I sold a few of them a while ago.....
So I'm looking for a volunteer to try this modded elbow and report back. But, it cannot be any one of you that have purchased my modded air box. Which btw I have one for sale for $380.00.

I'm looking for someone with a stock air box so they can test the difference my elbow makes. Of course if you guys that bought my air box want to purchase the FFE I will be glad to sell one to you.

Also, even if you do not have a C43 you may still be able to try it out if your elbow looks like the picture or part number 1121410190 or the like. Please PM me or email me at geo3617(@)gmail.com

Information on the FFE:

This is the plastic elbow that one side attaches to the housing of the mass air flow sensor body. The other side attaches to the throttle body opening.

This elbow is very air restrictive, it has two curled plastic "flaps" that are there to baffle air sound.
These flaps restrict the air from rushing into the mouth of the throttle body. This kills performance, so I remove them and sand everything inside nice and smooth.

Second problem is the opening that lines up to the mouth of the throttle body has a rubber gasket.
This gasket does not line up to the plastic opening of the elbow. The plastic opening is bigger so air flow is restricted. What I do here is port and smooth the plastic to match the rubber gasket. Now when the throttle body sucks in air there are no restrictions so air flows easier, so you gain performance.

Think of it like the gasket being as wide as a penny. And the end of the plastic housing as wide as a dime.
So I stretch the dime out to match the penny. In this case the plastic gets ported/sanded down to match the gasket width. So now you have a BIGGER opening for air to come in. With this work done the opening of the plastic elbow now better matches the throttle body mouth, so no restrictions.

Hope all this made some sense. Price for the FFE will be $65.00 shipped within the USA.
I would also love to paint it in a different color besides black. This is just to differentiate from the OEM and mine.
You can have any basic colors like, red,blue,green,yellow or the like. But if you do want black than that's fine of course.

Thanks for reading!

Here's my modded Elbow. Inside all gutted and ported out!

Last edited by speed43; 11-17-2016 at 03:49 PM.
Old 11-08-2016, 03:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 251 Likes on 212 Posts
12' W204 C63 AMG coupe "T-Rex", 12' W451 Smart Fortwo Pulse (99' W202 C43 AMG sold)
Nice mod George and as usual I imagine a top quality job
Old 11-10-2016, 07:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
CLK Cabrio
yeah would love to help and see the difference this makes.
Old 11-15-2016, 01:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

c43
Originally Posted by DRBC43AMG
Nice mod George and as usual I imagine a top quality job
Thank you Daniel. Have had no interest but I've also not advertised anywhere else so what can I expect....
Old 11-15-2016, 01:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

c43
Originally Posted by sick430
yeah would love to help and see the difference this makes.
Just email me and we can talk geo3617(@)gmail.com.

Right now I have a member that wants to buy the one I have. If he does buy it I will have to make another one for you to test. I will let you know what happens but do email so I know that you are interested. Thanks.
Old 11-17-2016, 03:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

c43
Originally Posted by speed43
Just email me and we can talk geo3617(@)gmail.com.

Right now I have a member that wants to buy the one I have. If he does buy it I will have to make another one for you to test. I will let you know what happens but do email so I know that you are interested. Thanks.
Ok I sold this FFE and I'm looking for 3 more to buy so I can mod. Had some interest so taking the chance on buying them.....