Liqui-Moly intake de-carb

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-13-2017, 04:20 AM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
W202 C43 1999
Liqui-Moly intake de-carb

Hi all,

I have just pushed a can of Liqui-Moly intake de-carb through my 5.4ltr M113 engine, so i thought id report the results so far.

I was a bit skeptical about what sort of impact it may have, but initial reports are good.

First step is remove the air box, MAF, and intake elbow, then spray some of the contents into the intake using the very long straw nozzle they supply. Let that sit for a few minutes, then start the engine. While it sat, i put the elbow and MAF back on, and took off the smaller rubber breather hose on the left rocker cover.

The engine took a fair bit to get it to start, then while it idled i pushed the nozzle down the breather hose where it will suck the spray in just after the throttle body.

Holding the revs up a bit to avoid stalling, spray the remaining contents into the intake via the breather hose in 2 second bursts until the can is empty. I then refitted the breather hose and gave the engine a few snappy revs to clear it up, and left in run another 2 minutes with some more rev ups here and there.

I got some smoke, but very little.

I then prepped for oil change ( which id strongly recomend after using this product, the oil filler hole had a light smell of the spray ) and poured in the Liqui-Moly engine detox. I have used this product before with great results, it cleared up a lifter tick the first time i used it, and it hasnt returned. Pour the can in, run at idle for 10 minutes, drain oil. Simple.

The Mobil 1 had been in about 2,500klms, so it was still pretty clean, but after the detox it came out a fair bit darker. Not really dark, because id only done this recently, but dark enough to know for sure it worked.

After refilling the oil ( changed serpentine belt while i was under there ) i started the car and left it idle for a couple minutes and took it for a drive.

The engine is smoother, especially just off idle, where it wasnt quite perfect before. Seems to rev up slightly quicker and snappier when you flick the throttle open from idle too. Its not a huge improvement, but my engine was pretty darn good before all this.

Not sure how this Liqui-Moly product compares with Seafoam, i havent ever used that one before. This stuff wasnt overly cheap at $25 AUD a can, but seems to have been money reasonably well spent so far.