Rate Thread

Old 02-21-2017, 12:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 258 Likes on 225 Posts
AMG C63s
Originally Posted by JPMBenz
OEM MB Lugs.
Will these also fit the coupe?

If so, can you please let me know the part number?
Old 03-17-2017, 10:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts
17 C63 S Coupe
Please click the follow threads for some items I have for sale.

Eisenmann Exhaust: https://mbworld.org/forums/engine-pe...w205-c63s.html

KW V3's Coilovers Brand New In Box: https://mbworld.org/forums/suspensio...d-new-box.html

Michelin PSS: https://mbworld.org/forums/wheels-ti...ery-miles.html

Please PM if interested.
Old 04-13-2017, 10:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

17 C63 S Coupe
So it's been a while since I've commented on my original thread; I have some news to share with everyone. My sedan is gone & my coupe has arrived! I am trying to upload pics but this site keeps stopping me!!!!!
Old 04-13-2017, 11:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

17 C63 S Coupe
So I will explain everything I did here since I cannot upload the pictures with captions!

1) Car has mostly all of the options except CCB's/Performance Seats.

2) Tail light have been painted to tone down the red. I also painted the rear bumper reflectors to match.

3) I installed Michelin 4S's on the front (255) and the rears (295) will going on next week. They currently are not available.

4) KW V3's have been ordered as well. Wheel spacers are up next.

5) Eisenmann exhaust should fit; will update once we attempt.

6) I did a full extensive paint correct on the vehicle; similar to my sedan. I wrapped the car in Suntek Ultra PPF. I did all of the major areas. Tints are Suntek Carbon with 80% heat rejection. 40% on the side, 70% Windshield, and 5% on the Pano. If you are in Middle/South NJ contact Don from Advanced Solar Control; there is no better.

7) I wrapped the rest of the roof black to match the pano; really changed the look of the vehicle.

8) I had the brake rotors ceramic painted black. I also changed the OEM brake pads to Porterfield. These are the same pads as the sedan & create less dust. While this was being done; I ceramic coated the calipers/wheels for dust.

9) The chrome "star" on the wheels I had painted matte to match the flange around the rim. Really subtle but nice touch.

10) I will do a full write up on the sedan vs. coupe. I know everyone wants to know the differences.

Old 04-13-2017, 11:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

17 C63 S Coupe
Old 04-14-2017, 07:26 PM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
C63 S Coupe
Looks stunner!

If you don't mind asking, how did you change the chrome badges and star emblem in black? You can buy black ones or do you paint the original ones?
Old 04-14-2017, 10:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

17 C63 S Coupe
Originally Posted by -krikke-
Looks stunner!

If you don't mind asking, how did you change the chrome badges and star emblem in black? You can buy black ones or do you paint the original ones?
I had everything painted in Gloss Black. The trunk star cannot be removed from the piece it is attached it; I broke one trying to remove the tape. It's held on by two clips on the review camera cover.
Old 04-15-2017, 05:19 AM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
C63 S Coupe
Thanks for the info JPMBenz.

I always wondered how some people color the badges and it seems they either take them off and paint or leave them on and use plasti dip.

I will try plasti dip as I think removing the badges and put them on afterwards is not so easy. Also renewing the double sided tape so they stick again seems a hazzle. Just wished MB sold them in black...
Old 04-17-2017, 08:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG C63s
Congrats mate, looking nice!
Old 04-17-2017, 10:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG C63s
So I will explain everything I did here since I cannot upload the pictures with captions!

8) I had the brake rotors ceramic painted black. I also changed the OEM brake pads to Porterfield. These are the same pads as the sedan & create less dust. While this was being done; I ceramic coated the calipers/wheels for dust.

I'm about to order these pads from poterfield - can you confirm there if there a massive difference with the break dust? or just a little.

Thanks
Old 04-17-2017, 11:54 PM

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
G63,GT
I had everything painted in Gloss Black. The trunk star cannot be removed from the piece it is attached it; I broke one trying to remove the tape. It's held on by two clips on the review camera cover.
FYI: On my buddies c63s coupe, we figured out how to remove the star. Put the car in reverse (or simply activate the camera) to "extend" the emblem. Then you will see that the actual emblem/housing will "slide" up and out. Once it is out, you will see the rear attachment, and the star can be removed. It is heavily 3M taped, with 2 small pins in the center. Just take your time and it will come off. Hope this helps!
Old 04-18-2017, 09:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

17 C63 S Coupe
Originally Posted by -krikke-
Thanks for the info JPMBenz.

I always wondered how some people color the badges and it seems they either take them off and paint or leave them on and use plasti dip.

I will try plasti dip as I think removing the badges and put them on afterwards is not so easy. Also renewing the double sided tape so they stick again seems a hazzle. Just wished MB sold them in black...
Same here! They are expensive to buy. LOL

Originally Posted by Sanch
I'm about to order these pads from poterfield - can you confirm there if there a massive difference with the break dust? or just a little.

Thanks
Thank you sir! There is a big difference in the pads. Front have little to nothing/rears have about 1/2 the amount of dust. On this car, I did ceramic coat the calipers/wheels so that also helps with the dust. I will post a pic tomorrow of the wheels and they haven't been cleaned for close to two weeks.

Originally Posted by xcfisher
FYI: On my buddies c63s coupe, we figured out how to remove the star. Put the car in reverse (or simply activate the camera) to "extend" the emblem. Then you will see that the actual emblem/housing will "slide" up and out. Once it is out, you will see the rear attachment, and the star can be removed. It is heavily 3M taped, with 2 small pins in the center. Just take your time and it will come off. Hope this helps!
Haha oh we figured out how to remove it off of the trunk. We broke the original star because of the tape. It's really on there with the tape.
The following users liked this post:
Sanch (04-18-2017)
Old 04-27-2017, 09:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

17 C63 S Coupe

295's added on the rear. KW Suspension will help cover that gap wheel.