C63/C63S AMG
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

After break in period - increase load slowly or?

Old 09-17-2015, 11:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bmw
After break in period - increase load slowly or?

Just wondering how many of you are increasing slowly after the 1000 miles or 1500 km period.. on the sticky it says increase load slowly.. not sure how slowly or what to make of it.. so far for me I am about 1800KM mark now, and no real redline yet for me.

I was wondering how everyone else treated theirs after the 1000M or 1500KM mark...

Question about engine breaking using downshifting.. do you guys do it? Or would you say bad for the engine when its so new?

for example if i am coming to a light that just changed yellow, I sometimes downshift a few gears.. are you guys doing the same?

Thanks
Old 09-18-2015, 01:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 112 Likes on 97 Posts
2016 C63S Sedan
Do that all the time on this and previous cars but I don't go down too many gears and let RPM go too high yet as I am not to 1000 yet.
Old 09-18-2015, 03:59 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
W205 c63S estate, 997 GT3, 981S
Originally Posted by Bespoke88
Just wondering how many of you are increasing slowly after the 1000 miles or 1500 km period.. on the sticky it says increase load slowly.. not sure how slowly or what to make of it.. so far for me I am about 1800KM mark now, and no real redline yet for me.

I was wondering how everyone else treated theirs after the 1000M or 1500KM mark...

Question about engine breaking using downshifting.. do you guys do it? Or would you say bad for the engine when its so new?

for example if i am coming to a light that just changed yellow, I sometimes downshift a few gears.. are you guys doing the same?

Thanks
I hit 1500km last week. Now have 2300km. Have done race start and kick down and WOT. It's awesome. Just be sure the engine is up to temp (AMG menu)

Old 09-18-2015, 07:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2016 C63S
In the AMG window in the middle of the instrument cluster it gives you the option to check the oil and tranny fluid temp. As long as they are blue you have to be easy on it. I drive it in comfort mode until they turn white then I switch to sport or sport plus but still wait for the temps to get up to normal operating levels. I haven't done a burnout, kick down or race start but I let her go in second yesterday until she hit third in sport plus mode. She's quick let me tell you.
Attached Thumbnails After break in period - increase load slowly or?-img_0772.jpg  
Old 09-18-2015, 05:43 PM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
2016 C63 AMG S
Hit 1.4k miles and I've tried some full throttle. She's pretty fast, and a lot of fun. I traded in a Shelby GT500 for it, and she isn't as fast as that. That truly had face ripping power. However, every time I put my foot down all the way on the Shelby, I wondered if it was going to be my last

With the C63S, I can plant my foot all the way to the floor and still feel like I'm completely in control, while still getting a good (if not as great as the Shelby) rush of speed.