Sponsored by:

Car won't leave sport mode and other various issues. Anyone else like this

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-20-2015, 01:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bmw
Car won't leave sport mode and other various issues. Anyone else like this

as you can see the car is in comfort mode... uptop.. but the suspension is stuck in SPORT MODE always... it never changes.. no matter what I do.

On the big screen I can change it to comfort mode... but the small screen as shown above will always stay at SPORT MODE... it drives like sport mode not comfort..

Going to bring it to BENZ to have a look at, but its not throwing any codes.. i have other issues too ... but no codes...

Comfort mode does not like to shift gears sometimes till 4k RPM.
AUTO ECO mode doesnt always work
The handbrake when turning on car doesnt always enable... most of the time it does...
Exhaust sometimes sounds louder then other times.. not sure why that is.. this could just be me for this one..
my music likes to get louder and softer.... on its own..

I want to check something.. for all you people that have the car.. can you test something?

Can you downshift in comfort mode to gear 1? I know the car starts in gear 2... but can you downshift to 1?

Last edited by Bespoke88; 09-20-2015 at 01:33 AM.
Old 09-20-2015, 07:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2016 C63S
Did you try to change it with all different tools? big screen, small screen with steering wheels buttons, individual settings, and manual switches?
The music will get louder and softer depending on your speed. It increase a bit when you speed up and gets softer when you slow down.
Auto eco will not always work when you are using the A/C. It will work if its off. I've played around with this.
I will try to downshift to 1 in comfort mode when I hit the gym and I will get back to you on this in a few hours.
Strange thing happened to me yesterday before I washed the car. I started her, opened up the door to make sure I was in the right spot by looking on the ground in my driveway ( not too close to the grass) but when I tried to put her in drive I got a warning on the small screen that I had to close the door first. After I closed the door it still did not allow me to put it in D or R. I shut her off started and everything was fine. I guess a safety thingemedoogy or something.
Old 09-20-2015, 09:22 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2016 C63
The owner's manual says that the mode (like sport) will not over-ride individual setting that you make. If you have manually set the suspension setting, the sport mode will not over-ride it.

Auto stop/start does not function under many circumstances - all are noted in the owner's manual.
Old 09-20-2015, 02:52 PM

Received 27 Likes on 7 Posts
C63P
tl;dr:
Been there. **** went wonky, suspension ECU lost its mind and got stuck in Sport while the car bounced like a lowrider. Turned it off, 45 minutes later it reset itself and all is well. Unable to reproduce.

--

I'll only comment on the suspension as everything else I don't care about.

I had this EXACT same issue. On the freeway doing 75mph, went over a big bump and the car bounced, ignored it. Next bump the car is wobbling like I am riding on cut springs. It didn't feel "stiff" like S+, it was bouncing!

I look at the settings and even though I'm in "Comfort" my suspension setting is "Sport", I pressed the button, changed on the Config screen, nothing works. The button on the center console stays lit up in Sport mode, pressing it does nothing.

The car bounces along the freeway and feels dangerous to drive. I pull over, shut her off for 10 minutes. Start it back up and same ****.

I continue to my destination (30 minutes to go) and finally wobble my way to my home (feeling every bump, the car just continues bouncing after the bump). I turn it off and go away, 45 minutes later start her up and all is well. Now can switch through modes.

Who the hell knows what caused it, but I saw no point in going to the dealer for yet another "ghost" problem as it would solve nothing.
The following users liked this post:
Jimmy_c63s (04-15-2020)
Old 09-21-2015, 09:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2016 C63S
It will downshift from second to first in comfort mode.
Old 09-21-2015, 10:14 PM

bmw
Thanks Will!

Went to dealership they are gonna perform software update so we will see
Old 03-08-2016, 12:50 PM

E550 Coupe
Originally Posted by Bespoke88
Thanks Will!

Went to dealership they are gonna perform software update so we will see
Any luck at the dealer for this issue? In having the same issue currently.