C63/C63S AMG
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mercedes C63 Coupe - The Iridium Silver Thread (PICS/VIDEOS)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-12-2016, 03:57 AM

Received 97 Likes on 90 Posts
911 991 TTS, Audi RS6 C7 Performance Edition, AMG GTS

Old 07-12-2016, 05:46 AM
AV1
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts
C204 C250-CDI
Originally Posted by grizzly111
I want my C63 to look like VU8905. I really like the silver highlight on the air dam in the front bumper PLUS NO pano roof and silver window trim. Too bad in Australia you cant option that although I havent asked specifically yet. As an existing customer that is considering vehicles in the $175-250k range I'd hope Benz allows some degree of flexibility at no extra cost.

The new AMG GTR sounds fantastic btw; shows what can be done from factory with the 4.0 engine. Could give a clue to a future C-coupe black series/C63R....might be worth the wait I think. Should be truly excellent.
My friend, you must also be privy to insider news, what you've suggested above is yet another reason why I'm hanging in and waiting besides all the too many problems arising with this new 205 series which should eventually get sorted there'll be much hotter variants coming

I can tell you there will definitely be a C205 C63 Black Series however will most likely not be called C63R and will appear sometime after the mid life update cycle just as MB/AMG have done in the past.

I've been told by my MB man to wait and choose between either the new upcoming E63S Coupe or C63 BS, (price range will be similar) at this stage my money would be on the new E63S coupe as I hear it's going to be nothing short of totally epic.

As for your tailoring choice of external finish and trim good luck with that one AFAIK unless things change you can't get other than what's there ATM, the only way would be buy all those trims separately and have them fitted post delivery.

It is disappointing that you cannot at this stage (hopefully this changes in future) configure the car exactly as you want it, in fact you don't get access to designo either which you could with previous model C Class AMG's.

Good luck with whatever you decide and choose, me I'm happy to wait for the better stuff as you say we're talking about 200-250k afterall
Old 07-13-2016, 06:39 AM

My car has just gone into build today. It will be HUDless but it isn't the end of the world
Old 07-13-2016, 07:55 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
bmw m3
My car has also gone into production today but I do have the HUD, how come you didn't get allocated one?
Old 07-13-2016, 08:06 AM

Originally Posted by kclman
My car has also gone into production today but I do have the HUD, how come you didn't get allocated one?
Very hard to say. However, most people who are getting HUDs (I think) ordered their car a lot earlier than I did (I ordered it early May). The dealer couldn't allocate a HUD from the outset and Mercedes UK have simply said - No HUDs available until end of August. I can live without it, it doesn't truly bother me because my Porsche doesn't have one so switching back and forth will be easier. I had to get used to not having a HUD after selling my RS6 and it was surprisingly annoying to convert back!
Old 07-13-2016, 09:25 AM

bmw m3
You did well to get a production date when you did.
Old 07-13-2016, 09:42 AM

Agreed. Especially for an Edition 1, I could only find two dealers who could offer one in the time frame I was looking for.
Old 07-14-2016, 04:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BMW
I agree with you there AV1. I am holding off - at least until they introduce the LCI version so that they can (hopefully) iron out most of the initial issues and update parts as necessary.

These days people appreciate and even come to expect choice. I am suprised Benz Australia is so inflexible. Jaguar has got it right - optionability is high. But reliability - well not so sure!

New AMG E-Coupe - we must think alike - I was wondering the same thing. However I hope it hasnt grown too big. We shall see.
Old 07-14-2016, 05:11 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C63 AMG Edition 507 Coupe
Originally Posted by DragonRR
Agreed. Especially for an Edition 1, I could only find two dealers who could offer one in the time frame I was looking for.
Have you now had confirmation that your build has completed? What time frame are they quoting from build to delivery to you?
Old 07-14-2016, 05:27 AM

Originally Posted by Dutycalls
Have you now had confirmation that your build has completed? What time frame are they quoting from build to delivery to you?
No I haven't had confirmation of the build being completed as yet. The car is due at the dealer on approx 2nd August.
Old 07-14-2016, 05:32 AM

bmw m3
I've had confirmation that my car has been built and that it is in transit. It is expected to take 14-20 days.

Thanks
Old 07-14-2016, 05:57 AM

Originally Posted by kclman
I've had confirmation that my car has been built and that it is in transit. It is expected to take 14-20 days.

Thanks
That's great news! Finally UK cars start to bypass the delays!
Old 07-16-2016, 06:25 AM

My dealer updated me yesterday. My car is now spec frozen, ready for build but not actually built. Still no HUD and my dealer has been told that none will now be available in the UK until December. He doesn't know whether this information is correct or not but it is simply what he's been told.
Old 07-17-2016, 05:12 AM
AV1
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts
C204 C250-CDI
Originally Posted by grizzly111
I agree with you there AV1. I am holding off - at least until they introduce the LCI version so that they can (hopefully) iron out most of the initial issues and update parts as necessary.

These days people appreciate and even come to expect choice. I am suprised Benz Australia is so inflexible. Jaguar has got it right - optionability is high. But reliability - well not so sure!

New AMG E-Coupe - we must think alike - I was wondering the same thing. However I hope it hasnt grown too big. We shall see.
We're definitely thinking alike - the only real aspect that would also put me off the new upcoming E Coupe is its physical size ie. if its too large a vehicle for my liking I'll settle for the more compact C Coupe

Related to this topic I'll be attending an official new E Class release launch function in Melbourne this coming Thursday night, that'll give a fairly good indication of the overall length and width of the upcoming coupe variant.

And yes the choice/option debacle is a problem ATM, hopefully here in Australia they re-introduce access to the full Designo options list for customers purchasing new model AMG's.
Old 07-18-2016, 05:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BMW
Very interesting!

Yes, I hope Benz re-introduce the designo option for AMG. Really liking the saddle-brown interior. An ordinary C300 has the option of saddle brown leather....Just doesnt seem right that buyers of AMG at this price-point are not given the ability to have decent control over options that are available in other markets. I would feel much more comfortable purchasing a car that fits my precise needs and desires.
Old 07-18-2016, 01:03 PM

My dealer updated me yesterday. My car is now spec frozen, ready for build but not actually built. Still no HUD and my dealer has been told that none will now be available in the UK until December. He doesn't know whether this information is correct or not but it is simply what he's been told.
Update:
My car has been delayed by a week so far. My new UK arrival date is 8th Aug and the car is due to be built on Wednesday. I'm not holding my breath.

Save
Old 07-18-2016, 03:36 PM

Received 130 Likes on 116 Posts
2019C63S coupe
Update:
My car has been delayed by a week so far. My new UK arrival date is 8th Aug and the car is due to be built on Wednesday. I'm not holding my breath.

Save
Maybe HUD for you. Fingers crossed.

Mine is delayed due to black open pore trim.
Old 07-19-2016, 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by Uga Uga
Maybe HUD for you. Fingers crossed.

Mine is delayed due to black open pore trim.
I doubt it Uga although there is always a chance. When is yours supposed to be built now? I'm wondering whether to wait until September for a new plate. I probably won't if it is only a week. Hopefully I will have a better idea tomorrow.
Old 07-19-2016, 09:31 AM

I doubt it Uga although there is always a chance. When is yours supposed to be built now? I'm wondering whether to wait until September for a new plate. I probably won't if it is only a week. Hopefully I will have a better idea tomorrow.
Did your dealer provide you with an actual production number (not a commission number)?

Seems odd for your build to have been delayed if you did have that. Also odd that KCL's build completed on the same day you expected and with HUD?

So many inconsistencies with MB allocation process.
Old 07-19-2016, 01:19 PM

Received 70 Likes on 55 Posts
C63S Coupe/Range Rover Vogue SE
Did your dealer provide you with an actual production number (not a commission number)?

Seems odd for your build to have been delayed if you did have that. Also odd that KCL's build completed on the same day you expected and with HUD?

I believe buyers like kcl and myself were fortunate enough to be allocated a HUD because we ordered these cars a while back (I ordered mine since the beginning of November, I believe kcl ordered his even further before that).

I'm just glad that these delays are finally over and that mine is built and in transit. Hope everyone else gets theirs soon enough!
Old 07-19-2016, 01:28 PM

No I didn't have a production number. I had a "Requested Production Date" 13th of July, "Expected delivery date" of 2nd August which is now 8th August.

From all the information I've had from the dealer and Mercedes the chance of me getting a HUD are close to zero. I can live without it but I won't be happy if there car is delayed to the point where they are available again and I don't get one!
Old 07-19-2016, 04:20 PM

Received 130 Likes on 116 Posts
2019C63S coupe
Sorry for late reply. I was initially down for 11 July.
But not sure since the issue with black open pore.

I will wait for September 1 if my car arrives in August.
Tempting but the car will be deemed "old" within a few weeks
if I pick it in August.
Old 07-19-2016, 04:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 112 Likes on 97 Posts
2016 C63S Sedan
Originally Posted by Uga Uga
Sorry for late reply. I was initially down for 11 July.
But not sure since the issue with black open pore.

I will wait for September 1 if my car arrives in August.
Tempting but the car will be deemed "old" within a few weeks
if I pick it in August.

What's with the Sept. 1 pickup in the UK??
Old 07-19-2016, 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by RDOCA
What's with the Sept. 1 pickup in the UK??
We used to have new reg plates only on September 1st.. As an example the day before that you might get GL16 HJC the day after would be GL17 HFC - the important part being the 16 for the 2016 year and then the 17 for 2017 year. This caused huge problems where people would simply not buy cars leading up to the new plates.

So... several years ago the car manufacturers and dealers lobbied to get a half yearly changes. Now we have 16 then 66 then 17 then 67 and so on (the six part being the second 6 month period). On September the 1st we will get the "66 plate". Most people in the UK tend to think at that point that the 16 plate car is "a bit old".. Laughable really..

On a serious note though - it does affect prices a little still but not as much as when it was a yearly thing.

Right, you can wake up now.
Save
Save

Last edited by DragonRR; 07-19-2016 at 06:22 PM.
The following users liked this post:
RDOCA (07-19-2016)
Old 07-20-2016, 08:17 AM

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Mercedes C63 Coupe - The Iridium Silver Thread (PICS/VIDEOS)