C63/C63S AMG
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mercedes C63 Coupe - The Iridium Silver Thread (PICS/VIDEOS)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-24-2016, 10:40 PM
AV1
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts
C204 C250-CDI
Originally Posted by Sanch
Hey mate, just checked this and mines on the way here on the 'Morning Conductor' - you the same?
Originally Posted by RHRAUS
No mate I'm on Tijuca with an ETA in Brisbane now of 4th September.

Funny as I've never thought about the routes they take to get here. Mine is somewhere in between Panama and NZ.

However yours is due to leave South Africa today, so you're coming the other way around.
South Africa ????

I'm hoping this is a transport ship with AMG's loaded on from Germany and that's picking up basic 205 series sedan and wagon variants and then enroute from there - right ??
Old 08-24-2016, 10:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 258 Likes on 225 Posts
AMG C63s
No Idea... I think they might just be the delivery stops on the way... Last stop is Brisbane. Sydney second last.
Old 08-26-2016, 09:32 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2016 C63s Coupe
Originally Posted by Sanch
Ah I see my ETA is the 14th of Sept... not long now!
Sanch - I'm also on morning conductor. Coming to Melbourne though so 11th sept eta. Hoping for delivery the week after that. Researching paint protection and notice you have the ceramic pro on your sedan. Any reason you went for multiple coats? I've been advised 2 coats is sufficient. My colour is selenite grey metallic not black like yours. Interested in your thoughts/opinion. Thanks.
Old 08-26-2016, 09:58 AM

Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts
BMW X5
Originally Posted by CB34-AUS
Sanch - I'm also on morning conductor. Coming to Melbourne though so 11th sept eta. Hoping for delivery the week after that. Researching paint protection and notice you have the ceramic pro on your sedan. Any reason you went for multiple coats? I've been advised 2 coats is sufficient. My colour is selenite grey metallic not black like yours. Interested in your thoughts/opinion. Thanks.
I too have been looking into paint protection for my coupe (ETA mod September), and still undecided on which way to go with Ceramic Pro, Opti Coat or Modesta as I think Sanch had mentioned previously on here as being pretty good. I'm sure there's multiple threads on which one people this is best, so I won't risk flooding this one with it.

However I've also been considering a front end PPF for the car and is wondering whether anyone on here has added that too whichever paint protection coating they've applied?

Guess it just comes down what kind of roads you'll be driving on whether you do or not?

I'm assuming 2 coats of paint protection wouldn't stop stone chips, but would be more than enough to take care of most other things that might damage the paint, and therefore is enough protection for most people?
Old 08-27-2016, 07:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BMW
I have added a PPF to the front of my BMW and 1/4 of the bonnet. I ended up removing the bonnet bit as PPF doesnt look anywhere near as good as original paintwork. However it has certainly worked to protect from chips.

On my Benz I did not use PPF as I find Benz paint clearcoat to be more durable than BMW. Plus I didnt think it necessary for silver paintwork. So far so good. I did however use 22PLE coating which was great (not sure if they make it anymore).

As an aside I thought I saw a new C63 coupe in pearl white but when I looked again it turned out to be a S63 coupe. It is amazing how similar these two cars actually look. The S63 in Australia is far too pricey for what it is, but as a coupe does look excellent.

Last edited by grizzly111; 08-27-2016 at 07:10 AM.
Old 08-27-2016, 09:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG C63s
Originally Posted by CB34-AUS
I did a few coats for that reason, black is a much harder car to maintain!

In wrapping the front bar with xpel this time around and coating the car with Modesta, which is meant to be far superior: I can't wait!
Old 08-27-2016, 09:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG C63s
Originally Posted by RHRAUS
I too have been looking into paint protection for my coupe (ETA mod September), and still undecided on which way to go with Ceramic Pro, Opti Coat or Modesta as I think Sanch had mentioned previously on here as being pretty good. I'm sure there's multiple threads on which one people this is best, so I won't risk flooding this one with it.

However I've also been considering a front end PPF for the car and is wondering whether anyone on here has added that too whichever paint protection coating they've applied?

Guess it just comes down what kind of roads you'll be driving on whether you do or not?

I'm assuming 2 coats of paint protection wouldn't stop stone chips, but would be more than enough to take care of most other things that might damage the paint, and therefore is enough protection for most people?
I noticed light chips on my bar last week. Definitely wrap the bar!
Old 08-30-2016, 09:45 AM

Received 97 Likes on 90 Posts
911 991 TTS, Audi RS6 C7 Performance Edition, AMG GTS
More pics of a car I posted before in the thread located on Autogespot http://www.autogespot.co.uk/mercedes...n-1/2016/08/25 :

I had an updated PDF sent through from me dealer last week. As far as I can tell the earliest I can expect to see my car is mid to late September "Quickest possible ARR into UK 13/09/2016". I'm not overly impressed with this tbh.! I've lodged a complaint with Mercedes UK about it, don't expect much to come of that of course and am teetering on cancelling the order.
Old 08-30-2016, 09:52 AM

Received 130 Likes on 116 Posts
2019C63S coupe
Not good Dragon. it will be worth the wait, though annoying. Trim is having the time of his life. We will be soon. Very soon.
Old 08-30-2016, 11:12 AM

Mercedes C63S Coupe Edition 1
And wait, and wait, and wait...... :-)
Have spoken to Mercedes UK customer service now and they have absolutely no idea of an ETA now!! My car was supposed to be delivered to the dealer on Friday. It is not even on a ship and is still showing Factory as location. They say they have no idea when it will arrive - I said that is excellent customer service! They said I will be compensated but still have no idea why it is still at the factory or when it will be delivered.... I did advise them that my first "customer experience" with Mercedes has not been very good.... Still find it amazing that a company as big as Mercedes with the value of the cars being purchased cannot advise of a delivery date of a car that is built and finished....
Old 08-30-2016, 01:13 PM

Simon, this has been my experience:
I ordered the car (almost identical spec to the one in the pic above) 1st week in May. The dealer has a build slot for the car for mid July and it wasn't spec locked.

"00 Factory" (Mid to late July)
"01 Wvsd Bremen" on 3/8/16.
"02. HFN Bremerhaven (vor Fakt.) 4/8/16
"03. HFN Bremerhaven" 22/8/16
"20 ZEEBRUGGE" ------
"30 GB DESTINATION" ------

As mentioned above I think I won't see the car until mid to late September. My dealer has been honest during the process although I wonder just how long it has said:

"Quickest possible ARR into UK 13/09/2016"

on the vehicle order snapshot. I would take any comments which aren't connected to the actual vehicle status .... i.e. "00, 01 etc.." with a big pinch of salt.
Old 08-30-2016, 02:22 PM

DragonRR, my local dealer has actually been really good!! They are very honest and helpful, the problem is they just don't have the information other than what the status shows on their system - this is where the problem is because there is no ETA now showing and they cannot see why or are given a reason why - this is why I called Mercedes UK and the central new vehicle ordering team and they pretty much know the reason I think but cannot disclose it apparently "for potential future warranty issues"....
I spoke to the dealer agan today who contact Mercedes but could not get any further information or any dates from them and were just told to keep watching the system for any updates to status and dates etc.!!!!!
Basically the only way I can see if there is any progress is to keep checking the 2wglobal site and as soon as the car has been booked with them then I know it will be with me soon'ish.....
So I presume your status is still Factory then as well?
Still, nice to hear all the good reviews coming through :-)
Old 08-30-2016, 03:37 PM

Simon,

No my dealer said about a month back that all he had was a status of factory with no ETA at all. About 3 weeks ago this changed to "it's in Bremehaven and should be shipping any day now". On the 26th he sent me a PDF showing a "Vehicle Order Snapshot" which contains quite a lot of status information including status history. I've copied a small section of this in above in my previous post.

I'm not accusing your dealer of being dishonest but I do think my dealer at least is in a difficult position of managing my expectations with little to go on from Mercedes and the fact that given a deadline for my delivery of the 1st or 2nd of September. The car is still in Bremerhaven AFAIK so unless Mercedes have secretly developed a car teleportation device the deadline is going to be missed and I may well cancel.

One last thing of note, good and bad news
In the "Holds - History" there is a note which says "ACCOUNT Blocking operation" the hold date was 01.01.2050 LOL The good news is that this now says "22.09.2016".. Ok so that wasn't great news!
Save
Save

Last edited by DragonRR; 08-30-2016 at 05:12 PM.
Old 08-30-2016, 04:01 PM

Ah OK, so if you track your VIN on the 2wglobal website does it shop that it has been booked on a ship or do you just get "no record exists"?
Old 08-30-2016, 04:05 PM

2019C63S coupe
Originally Posted by Simonhouse
DragonRR, my local dealer has actually been really good!! They are very honest and helpful, the problem is they just don't have the information other than what the status shows on their system - this is where the problem is because there is no ETA now showing and they cannot see why or are given a reason why - this is why I called Mercedes UK and the central new vehicle ordering team and they pretty much know the reason I think but cannot disclose it apparently "for potential future warranty issues"....
I spoke to the dealer agan today who contact Mercedes but could not get any further information or any dates from them and were just told to keep watching the system for any updates to status and dates etc.!!!!!
Basically the only way I can see if there is any progress is to keep checking the 2wglobal site and as soon as the car has been booked with them then I know it will be with me soon'ish.....
So I presume your status is still Factory then as well?
Still, nice to hear all the good reviews coming through :-)
Future warranty issues.
I'm inclined to believe that there may be a build defect
that needs to be rectified. That would explain the lack of an ETA.
The extent of rectification is perhaps not known by MB themselves.
Old 08-30-2016, 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by Uga Uga
Future warranty issues.
I'm inclined to believe that there may be a build defect
that needs to be rectified. That would explain the lack of an ETA.
The extent of rectification is perhaps not known by MB themselves.
It certainly reads that way. Perhaps there is an option I and some others have selected which has the defect. There are a few coupes around in dealerships but most have a pretty basic spec.. I can rule out the HUD because I'm not getting one and Trim has got one. I didn't option ceramics but ticked all other boxes.

Last edited by DragonRR; 08-30-2016 at 04:42 PM.
Old 08-30-2016, 05:01 PM

2019C63S coupe
I think it's gone on for too long now.
Well beyond a joke. For a lot of coin.
Let's hope you guys get a positive result
Soon.
Old 08-30-2016, 05:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 52 Likes on 49 Posts
C63s
Has anyone seen the Fiberglass interior in person? I'm worried that it looks like plastic (Camry-esque) versus a high quality interior, a la Carbon Fiber. I wanted a lighter interior than the carbon fiber offered based on my color choices but now having second thoughts. Anyone??? Pictures? Thoughts? I'm running out of time to change this....
Old 08-30-2016, 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by DragonRR
It certainly reads that way. Perhaps there is an option I and some others have selected which has the defect. There are a few coupes around in dealerships but most have a pretty basic spec.. I can rule out the HUD because I'm not getting one and Trim has got one. I didn't option ceramics but ticked all other boxes.
Mine is C63S Edition 1 with magno selenite grey, 360 camera and HUD as extras.... I was told a month ago there was an "issue" with the panoramic sun roof which caused a delay....
Old 08-30-2016, 06:12 PM

2019C63S coupe
That could explain the future warranty issue.
Seems that they are having a difficult time
resolving it. Why don't they just come
clean and build you a new one.
Old 08-30-2016, 10:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 52 Likes on 49 Posts
C63s
Originally Posted by Uga Uga
That could explain the future warranty issue.
Seems that they are having a difficult time
resolving it. Why don't they just come
clean and build you a new one.
I think there are multiple delays... I wonder if this is a production build issue across all.
Old 08-31-2016, 06:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BMW
Well I've decided to definitely put my order off for a C63s until they sort out any 'future warranty' issues. I was very hesitant since I know as a rule that there will always be issues with ANY first or even later year models of a new car.

You can look up OEMParts for BMW and you can see the myriad of parts they update with often new improved or re-engineered replacements as a car's production year advances. Sometimes it's just minor (like a fastener) but in some cases it is reasonably major but not quite enough to warrant a recall.
Old 08-31-2016, 11:15 AM

2019C63S coupe
I think this is more of a build issue. Many other cars have rolled of the line
And are on the road. My take anyway.
Old 09-01-2016, 03:26 PM

I decided to cancel my order today. It wasn't so much the waiting but the waiting for an unknown length of time that was the problem for me because it stopped me being able to look forward to the car at all.

The dealer has agreed to the cancellation and deposit return but has asked me to give them a day or so to see if they can do anything at all. As it currently stands, even in the face of a cancelled car, Mercedes are unable or unwilling to provide a firm delivery date.

I'm quite sure Mercedes will soon fix whatever is broken but I suspect for me it will be too late. I may try again when the black edition appears
Old 09-01-2016, 04:19 PM

2019C63S coupe
oh no. Dragon, I am gutted for you. wow, what can I say.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Mercedes C63 Coupe - The Iridium Silver Thread (PICS/VIDEOS)