Old 02-25-2015, 11:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts
17 C63 S Coupe
I just posted my review on Bimmerpost...HERE WE GO!! LMAO
Old 02-26-2015, 02:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLk
I was wondering If we have any info On the c63s Coupe. I wonder If they are going to make the coupe in the US plant as well ??? or is it going to be made in Germany ??? Also I heard some talks that it is going to be Introduced in sep this Year ???. Any info JPMBenz ???
Old 02-26-2015, 09:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
2014 CLA 45AMG , 2015 C63 (W205)
Originally Posted by w205 Edition1
I was wondering If we have any info On the c63s Coupe. I wonder If they are going to make the coupe in the US plant as well ??? or is it going to be made in Germany ??? Also I heard some talks that it is going to be Introduced in sep this Year ???. Any info JPMBenz ???
It's probably going to go through the same process as w205 sedan. So it will probably come out mid 2016
Old 02-26-2015, 09:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

17 C63 S Coupe
Originally Posted by w205 Edition1

Nope, nothing at this time. It will most likely be assembled in Alabama but I could be wrong.
Old 02-26-2015, 11:42 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
991 C2S, AP2 S2000, E400 Coupe
Originally Posted by JPMBenz
Nope, nothing at this time. It will most likely be assembled in Alabama but I could be wrong.
Is there any word on designo options for the W205? I posted this over on Bimmerpost thread, but I'd absolutely love to see Saddle Brown come over to the US:

Reviews are up!-nx8xn4a.jpg
Old 02-26-2015, 11:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

17 C63 S Coupe
Originally Posted by Arcoril
Is there any word on designo options for the W205? I posted this over on Bimmerpost thread, but I'd absolutely love to see Saddle Brown come over to the US:

No comment about Designo.... The people on Bimmerpost really bit my head off about my review. I get it. However, there is no need to be condescending towards me. That's unprofessional. Yes, I do sell AMG vehicles. However, I am aware of the competition. If someone sold BMW, Golffer, he would probably take the M3/M4.

Last edited by JPMBenz; 02-26-2015 at 11:55 AM.
Old 02-26-2015, 12:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

No comment about Designo.... The people on Bimmerpost really bit my head off about my review. I get it. However, there is no need to be condescending towards me. That's unprofessional. Yes, I do sell AMG vehicles. However, I am aware of the competition. If someone sold BMW, Golffer, he would probably take the M3/M4.
I just read that **** -_-
You can tell people are getting butt hurt about the new C63. They are going to defend their lawnmower. Most reviewers chose the C63 but they don't want to say it's the better car lmao. I think the best thing to do now is let the car talk for it self.
Old 02-26-2015, 12:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

17 C63 S Coupe
Originally Posted by amanuuh
You can tell people are getting butt hurt about the new C63. They are going to defend their lawnmower. Most reviewers chose the C63 but they don't want to say it's the better car lmao. I think the best thing to do now is let the car talk for it self.

Someone just asked the question "Did you even drive the new M3/M4?". They clearly didn't read the review I wrote. I state "I drove the M3/M4." To each there own. People are saying I am not a good sales associate because of what I wrote. However, I did work for both brands and know both very well. I'm not hurt or offended. It's all good by me.
Old 02-26-2015, 01:14 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
991 C2S, AP2 S2000, E400 Coupe
I'm still completely on the fence between the C63 and the M3. Until I drive both and hear more opinions on the C63 I could absolutely swing either way. It's absolutely silly to dismiss one car or the other right now and people are only cheating themselves out of an amazing car if they do.

The amount of insecurity from some of the posters over at Bimmerpost is really disappointing. It's a total minority of the community, but they tend to be some of the most vocal ones and end up driving or derailing conversations. If I do end up getting an F80 it'll be in spite of the community and not because of it.
Old 02-26-2015, 01:25 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,885 Likes on 1,322 Posts
2014 E63S; AMS 100 octane ecu tune; edok tcu tune; BB intakes; dyno tuned
Originally Posted by Arcoril
I'm still completely on the fence between the C63 and the M3. Until I drive both and hear more opinions on the C63 I could absolutely swing either way. It's absolutely silly to dismiss one car or the other right now and people are only cheating themselves out of an amazing car if they do.

The amount of insecurity from some of the posters over at Bimmerpost is really disappointing. It's a total minority of the community, but they tend to be some of the most vocal ones and end up driving or derailing conversations. If I do end up getting an F80 it'll be in spite of the community and not because of it.
Good points.

No doubt they are both awesome cars ...f80 m and w205 amg...
Old 02-26-2015, 06:08 PM

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
Mercedes-AMG C63S Edition 1
http://www.topgear.com/uk/car-news/m...ive-2015-02-26

What's this, then?
It's the new Mercedes-AMG C63 S, a subtle name change to reflect the super-saloon's subtle new styling. In fact, this C63 is hardly more aggressive than any C-Class busied up with a few choice AMG styling touches.
But when you look a bit closer, there are tell-tales that this is a bit more than a C250 CDi with swanky wheels. First up, there are a couple of AMG powerdomes on the bonnet, and a front bumper with a pair of massive airdams through which you can see nothing but radiator - always a good sign.
Then there are front wings gently flared to cover a wider track, and the cars sits low but not ridiculously so on 19-inch rims - 18s on the standard car. Front and rear are linked by a set of subtle sill extensions, and there's an almost vestigial stub of a rear spoiler on the bootlid with a pair of rectangular exhausts either side of the rear valance.
Yes, there are a few ‘V8 Biturbo' badges knocking about, but visually lairy, this is not. It is, however, one of those quiet, bookish types who happens to be a part-time ninja.

How so?
Well, under the bonnet of this sober-looking saloon is a wet-sumped version of the AMG GT sports car's 4.0 V8 Biturbo (their codenames are only one digit apart, being 'M177' and ‘M178').
That means 510bhp and 516lb ft for the ‘S' we have here, 476bhp and 480lb ft as a standard C63. Rest to 62mph is dealt with in four seconds flat, and the car is limited to 155mph. Which - on paper at least - makes it a proper thundersaloon.
What about the chassis?
This is a proper re-working rather than an enhancement of a top-end Merc. The front suspension consists of four links and a wider track than the previous generation C63, the rear a similarly slightly fatter-tracked traditional multi-link with independent mounts.
Both ends are tied together by AMG's electronically-controlled ride-control system, offering three strata of firmness: comfort, sport and sport+, accessed from a series of buttons around the touchpad controller. The S also gets a further option in the COMAND system called ‘Race', that allows the driver to play with the various functions (engine response, damping, ‘box and exhaust) to optimise their own preferred set-up, linked to an S-specific electronic rear differential.
And the transmission?
It's Merc's ‘AMG SpeedShift MCT-7', but uprated to punt out what the company refers to as ‘significantly quicker shift times'. The standard car gets a straight mechanical locking rear diff, and the S gets that electronic version which apparently reacts a little quicker and adds a level of finesse when matched to the bespoke modes in the Race function.
Other fun stuff includes a Race Start function (left-foot brake in either Sport+ or Race, pull both paddles, acknowledge by pulling the right hand paddle, floor the accelerator and lift brake), which gives picture-perfect starts every time.
Also, there's the usual suite of traction and stability controls to keep everything pointing in vaguely the desired direction, a completely re-worked set of complicated algorithms that mean that the C63 should help you be a hero without feeling patronised.
Does it work?
Oh yes. The engine feels barely turbocharged, with a delivery that is elastic, responsive and hammer effective. There's a vague feeling that there's too much torque in the mid-range for a normally-aspirated car, and there's a faint turbo whistle, but it really does just feel like a car with a much bigger, non-turbo motor.
What that means is that it reacts faithfully to the throttle, every time. No muss, no fuss. Of course, you can play with the way it delivers its power via the various modes, but it's never anything short of impressive.
How does it sound?
Magnificent. The C63 warbles away like sub-bass through a thin wall at idle, and then sonically transforms into a howling bass at full throttle in Race and Sport+. It also does the most delicious backfires and crackles on the overrun - and unlike some manufacturers who ‘engineer in' identical off-throttle cackling that sounds the same every time (and hence makes you feel a little hoodwinked), the new C63 has a full range of spits, gobbles, cracks and bangs.
Can it go round corners?
It can. This isn't just a C with a big motor dropped into it. There's sophistication running through the whole thing. The ride is firm - even in Comfort mode - but the staging is well-judged to the point where you really can drive it in Sport+ without needing to be on a track.
And when you really start to drive hard, the car immediately comes with you. Turn-in is sharp rather than darty, and the C doesn't seem to lean - just like the AMG GT, it features active engine mounts that slacken to reduce vibration and NVH from the engine/gearbox combo during cruising, and tighten during more committed driving to improve response.
It basically reduces disturbing inertia in the oily bits during cornering, leading to a more instant-feeling response from the steering wheel. Result? You can pick a line and stick with it without constantly second-guessing the balance between under and oversteer.
The gearbox is quick, although not quite as slick as a DSG, but is regular and useful and predictable, even when it shifts itself rather than using the paddles.
Will it drift?
Delete the electronic minders and there's plenty of slewing about like a hooligan to be had if you desire, but the C63 rewards tidiness more than anything. And if you really just want to smoke antisocially, it will also do quite ridiculous rolling burnouts.
I know it's pointless, but interesting that AMG still let you take the reins if you want to be silly. It's a real feel-good car, and I think even more so when you get out of it and realise it just looks so normal. I hesitate to use the word ‘boring', but there's a defined under-the-radar vibe to this car.
It has good brakes, too. Just in case you get too enthusiastic, which you probably will. Try 390mm discs at the front and barely smaller 360mm discs on the rear. I would, however, option the carbon ceramics if you like going fast or intend any sort of track work - on our test route we managed to sort of set fire to the optional set-up, so I doubt the steel stoppers will be better.
What's it like on the inside?
Special without being gaudy or overdone. There's a flat-bottomed, slightly too-thick steering wheel, fabulous deep, contoured seats and lots of little carbon and AMG touches that make the car feel reassuringly expensive. Top options include lovely Burmester surround-sound audio, an even louder variable AMG sports exhaust, head-up display and intelligent LED headlights.
There's also an ‘Edition 1' variant for the UK, which costs £73,500 and gets bespoke finishes and extra bobbins. Basically it's a gussied-up S to celebrate the launch of the car.
Another little kicker comes in the shape of the C63 Estate from £60,995. Just about the perfect size, pretty much all of the performance (same top speed, only 0.1 seconds added to either model's 0-62mph time, less than 1mpg less efficient) and even less likely to attract attention, it's a properly attractive semi-sleeper. But we've always been suckers for a fast wagon here at Top Gear.
Is it, um, economical?
Officially, the new engine is a third more efficient than the old 6.2-litre naturally-aspirated V8 in the previous generation C-class. That's impressive, and apparently provides the new C63 with the ability to do nearly 35mpg driven carefully. For a car with more than 500bhp, that's extraordinary. Also pretty unlikely - we got around 25mpg.
Should I buy one?
The obvious competition comes in the shape of BMW's M3, and I have to say that, for me, the C63 is a better car. More duality, more confidence, all of the performance. But when you have a car that's subtle-but-good-looking, an absolute joy to drive quickly without scaring you witless, capable of carrying the family and putting the wind up a serious sports car, you know you've got a winner.
Old 02-27-2015, 02:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 93 Likes on 78 Posts
'20 GLC300 SUV
More glowing reviews:

Autocar's W205 C63 review -

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-review/mercedes-amg/c63

Motor/Weight:

"Under the bonnet is a potent new twin-turbocharged 4.0-litre V8 direct-injection petrol engine. Essentially the same unit that is used in the GT but without dry sump lubrication, it replaces the old, naturally aspirated 6.2-litre V8 multi-point injected unit, endowing the C63 with 469bhp at 5500rpm and 470lb ft of torque at 1750rpm or some 18bhp and 37lb ft more than its predecessor.

With added turbocharger boost pressure and other power-enhancing trickery, the downsized AMG engine provides the more sporting C63 S driven here with an even sharper 503bhp at 5500rpm, along with 516lb ft at 1750rpm. This is 23bhp and a considerable 74lb ft more than that offered by the old C63 equipped with the optional Performance Package. It is also 3bhp and 66lb ft more than the previous limited-edition C63 Edition 507.

As a point of reference, the smaller and lighter twin-turbocharged 3.0-litre in-line six-cylinder used by the latest BMW M3 saloon develops 425bhp and 405lb ft, while the naturally aspirated 4.2-litre V8 fitted to the Audi RS4 Avant delivers 444bhp and 317lb ft.

The increase in reserves is allied to a 15kg reduction in kerb weight in the new C63 saloon, which tips the scales at 1640kg. This provides it with 14bhp-per-tonne more than before, at 268bhp per tonne. The C63 S is claimed to weigh the same as the old C63 at 1655kg, giving it a similar 14bhp per tonne increase at 304bhp per tonne."

Transmission/Chassis/Suspension/Cabin:

"Channelling drive to the rear wheels is AMG’s seven-speed Speedshift automatic gearbox. Based around Mercedes-Benz’s standard seven-speed self-shifter, it provides five different driving modes as part of a standard AMG drive select programme. Included is C (controlled efficiency), M (manual), S (sport), S+ (sport plus) and, exclusively on the C63 S, R (race).

In a move mirroring that of the new GT, the standard C63 also gets a mechanical locking differential, while the C63 S receives an electronically controlled locking differential that is claimed to provide faster response for greater traction on a variety of surfaces.

Underpinning the new go-fast saloon and estate is a reworked version of the standard C-class suspension that has been tuned extensively at the Nürburgring. It features a 31mm wider front track at 1609mm, new wheel bearings offering greater negative camber, firmer springs and dampers, larger diameter anti-roll bars, altered bushing and a 25mm reduction in ride height. Included as standard is adaptive damping as part of the AMG Sport Ride Control system, which allows the driver to choose between three settings: Comfort, Sport and Sport +.

The cabin is beautifully designed and upholstered, and is loaded with a full complement of AMG goodies. You get unique instrument graphics, heavily contoured sport seats, a chunky flat bottomed, multi-function steering wheel and carbonfibre-look trim – all of which make it look and feel rather special before you’ve even turned a wheel."

Driving Impressions:

"You don’t need long to discover it is a significant improvement on its predecessor. Predictably, given what we found when we drove the new GT S late last year, it is the engine and the sheer performance it generates that makes the biggest impression as you fire it up and set off down the road.

It might pack over a third less capacity than the naturally aspirated 6.2-litre engine it replaces, but AMG’s new twin-turbocharged 4.0-litre V8 is terrifically effective. It's pleasingly flexible and docile in taller gears in comfort mode, but also wonderfully sharp and energetic when you plant the throttle and take it up to the 7000rpm redline in shorter ratios in race mode.

It delivers excellent response and a rich seam of performance across middling revs, endowing the C63 S with distinguished in-gear pace and effortless high speed cruising ability. Needless to say, there is sufficient shove to enable the driver the light up the rear tyres at will off the line, but traction is easily harnessed by a three-stage electronic stability control system and standard electronically controlled locking differential.

The best part, though, is the sound the C63 S makes. From a distant warble at light throttle loads around town in the more accommodating driving modes, the exhaust note grows to a full blooded howl of race car intensity when the C63 S is nailed in maximum-attack mode, thanks to a secondary flap that opens to provide greater volume. To top things off it also provides a hearty blare on the over-run.

The range of the soundtrack is quite extraordinary and clearly adds to the overall excitement that is part and parcel of the new car’s on-road character. The problem with such a great engine as this one is that it often exposes weaknesses elsewhere. The seven-speed gearbox is smooth and accommodating on light to middling loads in automatic mode, but its shift action doesn't have the outright speed and resolve to really do the new V8 justice when ask to swap ratios at high revs when running in manual. There is an underlying effortlessness to its operation, but it never feels quite as urgent as the dual-clutch units used by the competition.

As a measure of its added performance potential brought on by the new engine, AMG claims a 0-62mph time of 4.0sec for the C63 S saloon. This is 0.4sec faster than that achieved by the old C63 fitted with the optional Performance Package, albeit just 0.1sec inside the time BMW quotes for the less powerful M3. Top speed remains limited to 155mph, although buyers can choose a Driver’s Package option that lifts it to 180mph.

AMG has been able to achieve remarkable economy stats with its new engine - officially at least. With a range of fuel saving functions, including automatic stop/start, brake energy recuperation and a coasting feature that idles the engine on extended periods of trailing throttle, its combined cycle consumption has improved by a massive 11.0mpg to 34.5mpg. CO2 emissions are 192g/km. Of course, the real world figure is less impressive – we averaged 27.4mpg on a straight motorway run, but the basis for significant fuel savings is there.

Still, there is significantly more to this car than its mighty engine, rabid performance, effortless cruising credentials and outstanding economy figures. It is also blessed with a chassis that endows it with new-found levels of agility, outstanding handling and improved ride characteristics – all of which makes it a more compelling car drive than ever before, both on the road and at the track.

The electro-mechanical steering, which receives its own unique 14.1:1 ratio, is wonderfully weighted and delivers exceptional response, providing the C63 S with real precision and permitting the driver to delve deeply into the natural agility of the chassis at all times.

Purists will bemoan the loss of the old hydraulically operated set-up. But on first impression the new system is both sharper on initial turn in, owing in part to the wider front track and added negative camber instilled on the front wheels, and it is also more consistent across a wider range of lock.

Superb damping properties and exceptional grip from its sticky Michelin Pilot Super Sport tyres provide the C63 S with outstanding poise and an ability to carry serious lateral speeds without any premature breakaway. It is remarkably well balanced during rapid changes of direction, encouraging you to push hard all the way through even the trickiest of corners.

The handling continues to remain wonderfully predictable on the limit, while the electronically controlled locking differential also provides terrific traction as you get on the power out of corners.

The ride is quite firm across the wide range of the chassis options available within the AMG drive select system. However the tuning is such that the C63 S is no more uncompromising over any given surface than its predecessor, with greater ability to absorb nasty shocks and more controlled rebound properties. However, it does suffer from plenty of road noise, which is quite marked on certain roads and can prove draining over longer distances.

The Mercedes-AMG C63 S represents real progress. It is clearly a more engaging car than its predecessor and perhaps more than ever before the car you would choose over the BMW M3.

Not only is it more powerful and quite a bit faster in a straight line than the old C63, it also offers improved cruising ability, is also significantly more economical and boasts class leading quality.

The clincher for me, though, is the sheer breath of its dynamic ability. Significantly sharper, more responsive and superbly balanced, it delivers superb handling and instills great confidence in the driver, even on the most challenging of roads."
Old 02-27-2015, 02:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'20 GLC300 SUV
And another one.

Automobile Magazine:

http://www.automobilemag.com/reviews...mg-c63-review/
Old 02-27-2015, 10:57 AM

Range Rover Sport Supercharged - Porsche Caymen S - Motorcycles
Great review of the new W205 vs. its predecessor the mighty W204

http://www.askmen.com/news/cars/mercedes-amg-c63.html
Old 02-27-2015, 12:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by flhxtsy
C63S in diamond white
What options??
Old 03-02-2015, 09:40 PM

Range Rover Sport Supercharged - Porsche Caymen S - Motorcycles
BBC Review - Mercedes-AMG C63 scores one for drivers

http://www.bbc.com/autos/story/20150...ne-for-drivers
Old 03-03-2015, 06:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'20 GLC300 SUV
Originally Posted by InfinityWind
Another outstanding review. Thanks for sharing. I've been surprised by how many reviewers prefer the C63 to the M3/M4. And the W205 is still in its infancy.

It's also funny that there is so much hand-wringing and tsuris over the AMG Sport models when every single reputable review has no trouble distinguishing the "Sport" models from the authentic AMG cars. Not to mention the fact that the C450 is faring well against its natural competitors from BMW and Audi.
Old 03-03-2015, 07:27 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Car
What options??
799 Designo Diamond White Metallic
851 Black/Platinum White Nappa Leather
763 Black Ash Open Pore
770 19" Cross-Spoke Forged – Titanium
U78 AMG Performance Exhaust System
319pkg - Lighting Package
P21 Air Balance Package
218 Rearview Camera
413 Panorama Roof
389pkg Hands Free Package
Y05 Red Seat Belts
Old 03-04-2015, 01:43 AM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
W205 C43, C204 C63, & Honda Fit
Talking

http://www.bbc.com/autos/story/20150...ne-for-drivers

The C63 feels not simply faster than an M3, but more approachable, engaging, deluxe and fun. The changing of the guard can no longer be ignored, or argued away. Until BMW can stiffen its resolve and recapture its magic, Mercedes-AMG is the new standard-bearer for luxury sedan performance.
Old 03-08-2015, 11:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'20 GLC300 SUV
And another one:

http://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars...cedes-amg-c63/

"For the most part, the C63's chassis strikes the perfect balance between playful and planted. The Sport stability control setting allows enough slip to let you really feel the car moving around without fear of coming badly, and quite literally, unstuck. The standard three-mode adaptive dampers imbue the C63 with a compliance that the BMW M3 simply can't match."

"We haven't stopped missing the old AMG 6.2-liter V8, but this new 4.0-liter engine softens the blow. It starts with a typically flamboyant AMG flare of revs, and with its twin turbos mounted in the engine's vee for maximum response, it does a great impression of a naturally aspirated engine, displaying little lag and real enthusiasm for journeys to 7000 rpm."

"The current BMW M3, no slower against the clock, feels more raw, more visceral to drive than the new C63, but it costs more than the Mercedes by the time you've added the adaptive dampers and two-pedal transmission to match their specs, and it comes up 78 hp short of the similarly priced S. The AMG's interior is sensational, better to look at, more comfortable, and quieter at cruising speeds, and if its 7-speed auto isn't quite as incisive, it's unquestionably less clunky. Which for a track-day car? Probably the M3, but there's no doubt that as a car to own and use, to really live with, the C63 is the sport sedan of the moment."
Old 03-09-2015, 06:27 PM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
W205 C43, C204 C63, & Honda Fit
Originally Posted by zibby43
And another one:

http://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars...cedes-amg-c63/

"For the most part, the C63's chassis strikes the perfect balance between playful and planted. The Sport stability control setting allows enough slip to let you really feel the car moving around without fear of coming badly, and quite literally, unstuck. The standard three-mode adaptive dampers imbue the C63 with a compliance that the BMW M3 simply can't match."

"We haven't stopped missing the old AMG 6.2-liter V8, but this new 4.0-liter engine softens the blow. It starts with a typically flamboyant AMG flare of revs, and with its twin turbos mounted in the engine's vee for maximum response, it does a great impression of a naturally aspirated engine, displaying little lag and real enthusiasm for journeys to 7000 rpm."

"The current BMW M3, no slower against the clock, feels more raw, more visceral to drive than the new C63, but it costs more than the Mercedes by the time you've added the adaptive dampers and two-pedal transmission to match their specs, and it comes up 78 hp short of the similarly priced S. The AMG's interior is sensational, better to look at, more comfortable, and quieter at cruising speeds, and if its 7-speed auto isn't quite as incisive, it's unquestionably less clunky. Which for a track-day car? Probably the M3, but there's no doubt that as a car to own and use, to really live with, the C63 is the sport sedan of the moment."
So the C63 sedan will start at around $65K?
Old 03-09-2015, 06:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by OC6.3AMG
So the C63 sedan will start at around $65K?
na if you read the review it says it will start around 62. they are saying the m3/m4 with the dct and suspension come out to be much more(standard on the c63)
Old 03-09-2015, 07:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

17 C63 S Coupe
I have another review coming up; sit tight everyone!
Old 03-09-2015, 08:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I have another review coming up; sit tight everyone!
Can't wait man

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Reviews are up!