Weistec Has An M177 and M178 Motor In Their R&D Shop

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-01-2015, 08:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Weistec Has An M177 and M178 Motor In Their R&D Shop

I just paid my good friends at Weistec a visit to discuss details on my up coming AMG GT-S build and check up on my CLK's status. They surprised me when they rolled a couple goodies out of their top secret R&D room. I saw something you C63 S guys will be very interested in. What you guys are looking at here are engines out of the upcoming AMG GT-S and the all new C63 S.

They asked me to blur the good stuff....but trust me it's GOOD!

This is NOT an April Fools prank, I promise.

Last edited by jrcart; 04-01-2015 at 09:12 PM.
Old 04-01-2015, 08:34 PM
AV1
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 52 Likes on 45 Posts
C204 C250-CDI
WHOA

Very exciting indeed

The "good stuff " blurred out looks like they're already testing/trying a new twin turbo set up, maybe larger units ??

Very interested to see what power and torque gains will be had with tuning alone, I suspect that will be enough for most people
Old 04-01-2015, 08:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by AV1
WHOA

Very exciting indeed

The "good stuff " blurred out looks like they're already testing/trying a new twin turbo set up, maybe larger units ??

Very interested to see what power and torque gains will be had with tuning alone, I suspect that will be enough for most people
I am really not at liberty to say much else but I can tell you that my AMG GT-S Edition 1 will be here in two weeks and Weistec is ready to do a full blown build on my car. Anyone that knows me knows when I say "full build" we are not just talking about an ecu tune lol.

They have not forgotten about you W205 C63 guys either, they have been working on a full menu of goodies for both cars. I am sure that Weistec will release more info once they are ready. Anyone that knows how Weistec operates knows they will not release anything to market until it is thorougly tested first. I will be starting a build thread in the GT section once they get started so if you guys want to se the end results keep your eyes on the thread, what I can promise you is that is will be WAAAYY more hp that the 50 or so hp Renntech got out of their GT over in Dubai lol.
Old 04-01-2015, 08:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Coming soon
Holy Moly!
That was fast
Old 04-01-2015, 08:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 370 Likes on 212 Posts
c63
i love that room so much cool stuff

Old 04-01-2015, 09:41 PM
AV1
MBWorld Fanatic!

C204 C250-CDI
Originally Posted by jrcart
I am really not at liberty to say much else but I can tell you that my AMG GT-S Edition 1 will be here in two weeks and Weistec is ready to do a full blown build on my car. Anyone that knows me knows when I say "full build" we are not just talking about an ecu tune lol.

They have not forgotten about you W205 C63 guys either, they have been working on a full menu of goodies for both cars. I am sure that Weistec will release more info once they are ready. Anyone that knows how Weistec operates knows they will not release anything to market until it is thorougly tested first. I will be starting a build thread in the GT section once they get started so if you guys want to se the end results keep your eyes on the thread, what I can promise you is that is will be WAAAYY more hp that the 50 or so hp Renntech got out of their GT over in Dubai lol.

Good to know and I'm sure all eagerly looking forward to your build and what will be available for others from Weistec

Originally Posted by mr747
i love that room so much cool stuff

All serious engine building workshop dyno rooms are exciting places for car buffs, this one looks a lot like our local Chev off road and marine racing engines facility dyno room here in Melbourne Aust.

Had my 9sec drag car and engine built there
Old 04-01-2015, 10:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by AV1
Good to know and I'm sure all eagerly looking forward to your build and what will be available for others from Weistec

All serious engine building workshop dyno rooms are exciting places for car buffs, this one looks a lot like our local Chev off road and marine racing engines facility dyno room here in Melbourne Aust.

Had my 9sec drag car and engine built there
These photos don't really show much of Weistec's facility. I have been a Weistec customer since day one and I have seen them grow from one unit in a building to now having completely taken over two buildings. The have several service/install bays, several CNC machines in another area and lots of other high tech equipment plus another area stocked with shelf after shelf of superchargers, down pipes, turbos and all kinds of other go fast goodies waiting to be shipped out to lucky customers.

If anyone is ever in southern California they need to check it out, just the cars in their lot for installs and development alone is worth the trip. On any given day you will see some super rare heavily modded CLK BS's, C63 BS's, SLS's, SLR's, G55's and maybe even a G63 6x6 parked in front of their facility.
Old 04-01-2015, 10:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
2014 CLA 45AMG , 2015 C63 (W205)
These photos don't really show much of Weistec's facility. I have been a Weistec customer since day one and I have seen them grow from one unit in a building to now having completely taken over two buildings. The have several service/install bays, several CNC machines in another area and lots of other high tech equipment plus another area stocked with shelf after shelf of superchargers, down pipes, turbos and all kinds of other go fast goodies waiting to be shipped out to lucky customers.

If anyone is ever in southern California they need to check it out, just the cars in their lot for installs and development alone is worth the trip. On any given day you will see some super rare heavily modded CLK BS's, C63 BS's, SLS's, SLR's, G55's and maybe even a G63 6x6 parked in front of their facility.
After I pick up my car ill probably go take it straight to them because I'll be 10 min away.
Old 04-01-2015, 10:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by amanuuh
After I pick up my car ill probably go take it straight to them because I'll be 10 min away.
Nice!
If you are that close you may want to reach out to them now. Depending on your delivery date they may want to work with you on some R&D stuff. Not sure if they are buying their own C63 S for the shop or using a customer car for development. They have used my CLK BS, C63 BS and SLS BS for development and it has worked out nicely and I am 2000 miles away in Chicago, if you are ten minutes away it might be a perfect match if they dont have a car already lined up. You may be able to save a couple bucks and be the first on the street sporting Weistec mods and goodies. I don't want to speak for them so give them a call.

Last edited by jrcart; 04-01-2015 at 10:25 PM.
Old 04-01-2015, 10:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 370 Likes on 212 Posts
c63

ive been to alot of facilitys in and around melbourne and stuff and when i went to weistec i nearly dropped a load
These guys have it all covered
3 cnc machines supercharges all over the place million dollar car parks these guys have it all

what a place

even my misses was like WTF and she doesnt even like cars

good place to visit for sure

Makes me wanna move to the states
Old 04-01-2015, 11:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts
17 C63 S Coupe
The M177/M178 share a lot of the same internals. It should be great to see what they come up with! A turbo upgrade should be to hard considered they are mounted on top of the engine. I am eager to see your build/there products!!!!
Old 04-02-2015, 01:17 AM
AV1
MBWorld Fanatic!

C204 C250-CDI
Originally Posted by mr747
ive been to alot of facilitys in and around melbourne and stuff and when i went to weistec i nearly dropped a load
These guys have it all covered
3 cnc machines supercharges all over the place million dollar car parks these guys have it all

what a place

even my misses was like WTF and she doesnt even like cars

good place to visit for sure

Makes me wanna move to the states

The Weistec facility sounds like an awesome engine/car building place, would love to visit one day if I'm ever in the U.S

Just for your own curiosity if you get the chance go and check out the Chev off Road and Marine engine (C.O.M.E racing engines) facility in Caulfield Melbourne, the description above of the Weistec operation and all the hardware sounds like a carbon copy of that place.

I also wish sometimes I lived in the states, but not for that stuff above, but simply because the cost of everything there is so damn cheap compared to Countries like ours

Apologies to OP for the off topic banter
Old 04-02-2015, 10:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by AV1
The Weistec facility sounds like an awesome engine/car building place, would love to visit one day if I'm ever in the U.S

Just for your own curiosity if you get the chance go and check out the Chev off Road and Marine engine (C.O.M.E racing engines) facility in Caulfield Melbourne, the description above of the Weistec operation and all the hardware sounds like a carbon copy of that place.

I also wish sometimes I lived in the states, but not for that stuff above, but simply because the cost of everything there is so damn cheap compared to Countries like ours

Apologies to OP for the off topic banter
The US has some great tuners but more specifically Southern California has the highest concentration of tuners and speed shops of anywhere in the world. There is a reason I ship my vehicles 2000 miles away from my home in Chicago, that's where all the talent is. Calloway Cars is less than a mile from Weistec, right next to Calloway is Outlaw Off-road who builds some of the best off-road desert racing trophy trucks and sand rails in the world(they built my Ford Raptor). Saleen is just a quick 30 minute drive away. Toyota has their TRD facility in Tustin, CA which is two towns away from Weistec where Toyota develops all their Indy car stuff and specialty performance parts for everything from street cars to race cars. Honda has a couple of huge R&D facilities not too far away. Companies like Foose have their shop located a couple miles from Weistec. Edlebrock is headqaurted less than an hour up the 405 near LA. The list goes on and on. You could spend a week in southern California and not visit half the great tuners shops/companies within a 50 mile radius of Weistec.
Old 04-02-2015, 10:41 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2015 C63S / 2015 BMW M4
The US has some great tuners but more specifically Southern California has the highest concentration of tuners and speed shops of anywhere in the world. There is a reason I ship my vehicles 2000 miles away from my home in Chicago, that's where all the talent is. Calloway Cars is less than a mile from Weistec, right next to Calloway is Outlaw Off-road who builds some of the best off-road desert racing trophy trucks and sand rails in the world(they built my Ford Raptor). Saleen is just a quick 30 minute drive away. Toyota has their TRD facility in Tustin, CA which is two towns away from Weistec where Toyota develops all their Indy car stuff and specialty performance parts for everything from street cars to race cars. Honda has a couple of huge R&D facilities not too far away. Companies like Foose have their shop located a couple miles from Weistec. Edlebrock is headqaurted less than an hour up the 405 near LA. The list goes on and on. You could spend a week in southern California and not visit half the great tuners shops/companies within a 50 mile radius of Weistec.
Nice -- didn't know I had all of this in my backyard. Thanks for the info.
Old 04-02-2015, 04:07 PM

Coming soon
Originally Posted by Iceman II
Nice -- didn't know I had all of this in my backyard. Thanks for the info.
LOL
Old 04-02-2015, 04:08 PM

GL450 dodge ram srt 10
I think saleen went out of bessunes agin they had a shop in corona Toyota trd is in Torrance and moved to Texas edledrock is in Torrance chip foss is in Huntington beach . Edledrock has car shows 2 times a year at his one of is shops where you can take a walk through and look at all of his cars you get to met him and his daughter and get a autograph if you like
Old 04-02-2015, 04:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
2014 CLA 45AMG , 2015 C63 (W205)
Nice!
If you are that close you may want to reach out to them now. Depending on your delivery date they may want to work with you on some R&D stuff. Not sure if they are buying their own C63 S for the shop or using a customer car for development. They have used my CLK BS, C63 BS and SLS BS for development and it has worked out nicely and I am 2000 miles away in Chicago, if you are ten minutes away it might be a perfect match if they dont have a car already lined up. You may be able to save a couple bucks and be the first on the street sporting Weistec mods and goodies. I don't want to speak for them so give them a call.
One step ahead of you. Been in contact with them lol. I'll probably stop by the day I pick up the car from Fletcher and then after the break in period to see what we could do.
Old 04-02-2015, 06:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 101 Likes on 50 Posts
09 C63
This is great news!! My c63s is getting built jan 2016, so hopefully by the time I get my car r&d will be well underway and performance parts will be out in the market. Thanks to people like you jrcart!
Old 04-03-2015, 09:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Venoms
I think saleen went out of bessunes agin they had a shop in corona Toyota trd is in Torrance and moved to Texas edledrock is in Torrance chip foss is in Huntington beach . Edledrock has car shows 2 times a year at his one of is shops where you can take a walk through and look at all of his cars you get to met him and his daughter and get a autograph if you like
Doesn't surprise me, Steve Saleen is a snake from what I hear.
Old 04-03-2015, 11:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2010 C63 P30
Originally Posted by Venoms
didnt know TRD moved to texas. Makes sense though the trucks are built here and their NA headquarters is being built right up the road from me
Old 04-03-2015, 12:54 PM

GL450 dodge ram srt 10
Doesn't surprise me, Steve Saleen is a snake from what I hear.
Yes he is I had a 351s saleen with 4000 mile onit the motore blw up when I put it in 6th Greer he would not fix it underwornty I ad to sue him to Oder to fix it last time I ever bought a a saleen agin fixed it with striker 400 and sold it
Old 04-03-2015, 07:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
'12 C63 Black Series, '12 ML350 BlueTech
Sounds promising!
So Jim you are keeping the GT-S after all. Glad you changed your mind
Old 04-03-2015, 08:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 846 Likes on 594 Posts
E63S | X5
I have the weirdest boner right now.
Old 04-03-2015, 09:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by abcut973
Sounds promising!
So Jim you are keeping the GT-S after all. Glad you changed your mind
Ya, I am going to pick it up, not really anything else out there right now that tickles my fancy.
Old 04-04-2015, 02:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
'12 C63 Black Series, '12 ML350 BlueTech
Ya, I am going to pick it up, not really anything else out there right now that tickles my fancy.
I can't wait for you and Weistec to bring that car to another level. Maybe that'll emulate my interest in turbo engines

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Weistec Has An M177 and M178 Motor In Their R&D Shop