C63/C63S AMG
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Would you recommend buying a Black series that has been part of Gumball 3000?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-25-2015, 11:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GC SRT
Would you recommend buying a Black series that has been part of Gumball 3000?

Hello all, this is my first time I participate in these forums. Like all of you, I have fallen in love of the C63 amg BS however couldnt afford one (yet) now I am looking for one and they are quite rare. I found a red one however had the Gumball 3000 sticker. I was told that it had a right front bumper hit and was fixed by the owner. Would you recommend buying this car knowing the high tech and delicate nature of this car or find another one? your input is highly appreciated.
Old 04-25-2015, 11:31 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,900 Likes on 1,331 Posts
2014 E63S; AMS 100 octane ecu tune; edok tcu tune; BB intakes; dyno tuned
I wouldn't worry about the accident so long as I had the car inspected and also would wanna see all service records.

Black series owners tend to take very good care is their cars I think

Is it a one owner car? The state of the cars interior and exterior will tell you how carefully it was cared for
Old 04-25-2015, 02:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GC SRT
Hi Peter. Thanks for the reply. Its 2nd ownership. What I know about gumball is that it is a very serious coast to coast race in the US. So the damage could be significant. The car looks gr8 inside out however I have no idea to what extent was the original damage. Specially it is in the front. I ll do the inspection. The issue is i dont want to buy a car that i will only repair and not enjoy ☺.
Old 04-25-2015, 03:23 PM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
W205 C43, C204 C63, & Honda Fit
Originally Posted by mohamadd
Hi Peter. Thanks for the reply. Its 2nd ownership. What I know about gumball is that it is a very serious coast to coast race in the US. So the damage could be significant. The car looks gr8 inside out however I have no idea to what extent was the original damage. Specially it is in the front. I ll do the inspection. The issue is i dont want to buy a car that i will only repair and not enjoy ☺.
Was the airbag deployed? If so, I would stay away otherwise inspect it and if it was fixed properly with no chassis/frame damage then why not just get the
Old 04-28-2015, 02:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
'12 C63 Black Series, '12 ML350 BlueTech
Where is that car?
Not many red C63 BS for the US (something like 6 or so). Is it a 2012?
Which package and how many miles?
For sure get it inspected. GL