2015 Mercedes-AMG C63 S (510hp) - DRIVE & SOUND

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-03-2015, 06:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
2014 CLA 45AMG , 2015 C63 (W205)
2015 Mercedes-AMG C63 S (510hp) - DRIVE & SOUND

The performance exhaust doesn't seem to be that much different from open valves to closed valves. Its nice, but id rather go aftermarket instead of paying that 1,000 for a barely noticeable difference.

Lucky guy has brown seats. Man I wish they offered those here.
Old 05-03-2015, 06:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2016 C63S
Good stuff. Thanks for sharing
Old 05-03-2015, 07:58 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
GT4
Those are some really nice seats. Definitely works with the total aesthetic of the car.
Old 05-03-2015, 08:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts
17 C63 S Coupe
Originally Posted by amanuuh
2015 Mercedes-AMG C63 S (510hp) - DRIVE & SOUND (1080p) - YouTube

The performance exhaust doesn't seem to be that much different from open valves to closed valves. Its nice, but id rather go aftermarket instead of paying that 1,000 for a barely noticeable difference.

Videos do the video no justice. Trust me...
Old 05-03-2015, 09:12 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2015 C63S
Its like listening to a Pink Floyd song, absolutely fantastic sound.
Old 05-03-2015, 10:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by JPMBenz
Videos do the video no justice. Trust me...
Valves closed would be regular exhaust basically right? Doesn't seem too much different. Its not like stock vs aftermarket difference.
Old 05-03-2015, 10:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2016 C63S
I like that you can kinda turn it up and down like the radio depending on your mood. With an aftermarket system yes it would be louder but it will always be loud plus more $$$$$. Titanium would be unreal
Old 05-03-2015, 10:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 C63 AMG Sedan(with AMG Performance Package Plus, Premium & Premium Rear Seating Packages)

a barely noticeable difference. It's not really that… Watch the video carefully again. You'll notice a flap sound of "Ka" after it shows the tag of exhaust valves closed, the exhaust sound is more mummed. After exhaust is turned on again, the sound is louder and has more rumbling sounds. You need to understand, the engine is revving freely and fast and the car is in stand still, the engine doesn't need to push the wheels/have fractions being slowed down to rev and isn't connected to the tranny. If you try to do the same thing to the gas pedal while you put it in auto and drive as revving it in stand still, it's not gonna be that loud (you'll get the same loudness but at higher rmp while the car is in motion). Plus, the speed of how fast you can rev it up to 5k-6k rpm or even red line on the road won't be as near fast as revving it in stand still. There should be a very slight difference in HP while allowing the air to flow more freely when it's turned on.

The price difference would do the justice and be determined with the durability and how fast it's gonna break… And not everyone wants to super loud all the time.
Old 05-03-2015, 11:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Penthouse Party
a barely noticeable difference. It's not really that… Watch the video carefully again. You'll notice a flap sound of "Ka" after it shows the tag of exhaust valves closed, the exhaust sound is more mummed. After exhaust is turned on again, the sound is louder and has more rumbling sounds. You need to understand, the engine is revving freely and fast and the car is in stand still, the engine doesn't need to push the wheels/have fractions being slowed down to rev and isn't connected to the tranny. If you try to do the same thing to the gas pedal while you put it in auto and drive as revving it in stand still, it's not gonna be that loud (you'll get the same loudness but at higher rmp while the car is in motion). Plus, the speed of how fast you can rev it up to 5k-6k rpm or even red line on the road won't be as near fast as revving it in stand still. There should be a very slight difference in HP while allowing the air to flow more freely when it's turned on.

The price difference would do the justice and be determined with the durability and how fast it's gonna break… And not everyone wants to super loud all the time.
Wait.. The aftermarket exhaust breaking? I don't see how that would happen lol

Most premium aftermarket exhaust companies have valved systems. Im probably one of the few people that don't really like the performance exhaust. Id rather go for something like IPE, Armytrix, and FI

Thats just me though lol I don't mind something loud all the time. Thats the way these cars were meant to be.
Old 05-04-2015, 12:13 AM

2012 C63 AMG Sedan(with AMG Performance Package Plus, Premium & Premium Rear Seating Packages)
Wait.. The aftermarket exhaust breaking? I don't see how that would happen lol

Most premium aftermarket exhaust companies have valved systems. Im probably one of the few people that don't really like the performance exhaust. Id rather go for something like IPE, Armytrix, and FI

CLA45 AMG Aggresive Sounds with Armytrix Exhaust - YouTube

Fi Exhaust Mercedes-Benz A45 AMG Valvetronic Sound Acceleration db Test - YouTube

A45 AMG Edition 1 with full iPE Exhaust (innotech) by SimonMotorSport Dubai - YouTube

Thats just me though lol I don't mind something loud all the time. Thats the way these cars were meant to be.
Do you know this exhaust sound thingy tech isn't quite new? I had a friend who had a (MY199x?) Dodge Stealth, same as Mutsubishi 3000GT with slight different exterior which had this kind of factory exaust sound flap switch system, it broke down and my friend didn't care (or costly at that time?) to fix it.

Like I said, not everyone. It's just a gadget for people who like it with the choices/freedom of being quieter and louder.

If you like it super loud all the time, why not remove your stereo system and save some weight? Because you can't hear it or enjoy the fine music…! ROFL Or ask MB to copy Audi followed by BMW to amp your engine/exaust sounds with 69 EQ Settings thru your speakers…
Old 05-04-2015, 12:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Penthouse Party
Do you know this exhaust sound thingy tech isn't quite new? I had a friend who had a (MY199x?) Dodge Stealth, same as Mutsubishi 3000GT with slight different exterior which had this kind of factory exaust sound flap switch system, it broke down and my friend didn't care (or costly at that time?) to fix it.

Like I said, not everyone. It's just a gadget for people who like it with the choices/freedom of being quieter and louder.

If you like it super loud all the time, why not remove your stereo system and save some weight? Because you can't hear it or enjoy the fine music…! ROFL Or ask MB to copy Audi followed by BMW to amp your engine/exaust sounds with 69 EQ Settings thru your speakers…
I never said it was new... Do you see it written anywhere? I said most premium companies come with it now. I said I'm probably one of the few. Its probably loud enough for 90 percent of Mercedes owner.

I don't want fake exhaust notes. I'll just go aftermarket. Everyone else can get the performance exhaust.
Old 05-04-2015, 02:08 AM

I never said it was new... Do you see it written anywhere? I said most premium companies come with it now. I said I'm probably one of the few. Its probably loud enough for 90 percent of Mercedes owner.

I don't want fake exhaust notes. I'll just go aftermarket. Everyone else can get the performance exhaust.
Not saying you said it's new… Car makers already came up with that gadget a long time ago. Why did they stop offering it? Maybe the tech wasn't good enough or materials too expensive or not enough buyers opt for that… Or just because it wasn't durable enough at that time?

Is there any exaust with valve that you can buy for $1,000 like you said? Really that cheap nowadays? If there is, you'll also pay for the installation (not gonna be expensive in US and you may get it installed free. If your car's a lease, don't you need to have the factory one reinstalled as dealers should mostly likely want the cars stock? How about cost?) Just saying, don't forget other costs while comparing.

Not saying your choice is bad or good at all… Didn't say the aftermarket breaking, I was talking about OEM one. Regarless how high the quality is, electronis are electronis, and there's always going to be some defects and sometimes the luck. The price difference that would justify I was referring to upgrading from standard exaust to AMG performance one, is it worth the extra money even if you think there's not much difference? The upside is if it's broken, there's always an MB dealer near you and they might have spare parts in stock. In the US and if the exhaust maker is in US, shipping is quick and cheap, for MB and aftermarket ones it might not make much a difference that you can get it fixed soon enough, but for oversea buyers and not if the exhaust you buy isn't made in the US. If isn't for the kind of issue, no one would deny quality aftermarket parts would be a better value or better quality for the same price.

Just for me, for a sedan or DD, I would opt for the OEM one and I don't like that ugly remote and carrying it with me or leaving it in the compartment and having to grab it if I want to switch. For cars on track, no need to waste that money on a system with valve and I'd go for higher end or quality than the sound switch toy.
Old 05-04-2015, 10:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

17 C63 S Coupe
The flaps, in theory, are similar to a "dump" system. At idle the car is quiet. When you open the flaps at idle you hear a higher idle. Despite how loud the car is you hear the turbos whistle when you rev the car. That is part due to the turbos being exposed on top of the car.
Old 05-04-2015, 06:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2016 C63S
JP did you hear any turbo noise during acceleration?
Old 05-04-2015, 06:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

17 C63 S Coupe
Originally Posted by Will617
JP did you hear any turbo noise during acceleration?

Yes, you can hear the turbos spool up and blow off. I am going to take the cover off of the turbos to see if it sounds louder. hehe
Old 05-04-2015, 06:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

17 C63 S Coupe
So I just watched this video. This is by far, in my opinion, the best video because it's strictly driving. Sometimes zero commentary is the best commentary.
Old 05-04-2015, 09:36 PM

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
S550
Wow, I've got to have one of these!!
Old 05-07-2015, 07:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2016 C63S
Found this one on You-tube the other day. I like the part towards the end when they go on the highway and the c63 says C-YA .

Old 05-07-2015, 08:43 PM

2013 Audi S4
Yes, you can hear the turbos spool up and blow off. I am going to take the cover off of the turbos to see if it sounds louder. hehe
Pretty sure the cover is there for heat shielding so I wouldn't recommend it unless you want to potentially mess with the paint on your hood.
Old 05-07-2015, 11:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

17 C63 S Coupe
Originally Posted by bioyuki
Pretty sure the cover is there for heat shielding so I wouldn't recommend it unless you want to potentially mess with the paint on your hood.
The hood has a full heat shield under it. I already checked that.
Old 05-31-2015, 01:02 PM

Mercedes Benz s600, gl 63 amg, porche cayman s, range rover sport, s 65 amg

Amanuuh you got your c63 amg s right? Does it sound better in real life and can you notice the difference when you turn the sport exhaust on?
Old 05-31-2015, 08:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

17 C63 S Coupe
I've owned the car for two days; i've yet to have those flaps closed. Car sounds so sick!
Old 05-31-2015, 08:45 PM

Mercedes Benz s600, gl 63 amg, porche cayman s, range rover sport, s 65 amg
I've owned the car for two days; i've yet to have those flaps closed. Car sounds so sick!
Congrats on the car, and yeah it should be very loud and sound amazing. My gl 63 amg sounds like a monster. Has a meaty sound. I'm starting to look at a porsche. I kind of want to get the gt4, but we will see.
Old 05-31-2015, 10:50 PM
g-f

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
996TT
What is the car at 5min mark that keeps up with the C63S going full blast?
Old 06-01-2015, 01:28 AM

Suzuki Burgman Executive
My car is equipped with the standard exhaust, meaning the mufflers and the tips are not connected. The tips are purely cosmetic. Is that the case in the performance exhaust equipped car?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2015 Mercedes-AMG C63 S (510hp) - DRIVE & SOUND