Sponsored by:

My16 Color Opinions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-22-2015, 12:56 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2016 C63 S
My16 Color Opinions

I will be ordering my MY16 C63S in the next couple of days and wanted to hear what peoples opinions are on color.

I have it pretty well decided what features I want on the car but I'm having trouble with color selection.

I have narrowed it down to....

Lunar Blue
Steel Grey
Palladium Silver

I'm going to get the Night Styling package and possibly the carbon fiber outside pieces or maybe just the carbon spoiler. (As a side note I have seen a lot of videos with the rear diffuser in carbon fiber. Is that only in other countries or is that part of the exterior carbon package but just not listed on the MY16 order form?)

Probably going with the black cross spoke wheels. But possibly silver cross spoke...

See my problem the color combos are messing with me!

I really love the look of the car that JP's Trainer's car. But historically I have been a Steel Grey kind of guy. I'm just unsure how the Night Styling and the Steel Grey would go together. Not to mention the black wheels.

Just looking for pictures and opinions to help me sway the decision.

Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails My16 Color Opinions-lunar-20blue_zpsa0srk8vp.jpg  
Old 05-22-2015, 07:09 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C63s amg Edition 1
I also like the picture of the steel grey C63s in the other thread and would have ordered it in that colour but it is not a colour choice in Australia. Instead, I tossed up between the Palladium Silver and the Polar White. I ended up choosing the Polar White (with the full Edition 1 pack) as the Palladium looked a bit "dull" in my opinion in comparison. The Steel Grey, however, looks like it has a much deeper metallic lustre in the photos. I would get the night styling package either way as I like the look of it on all colours. I also think the cross spoke wheels look the best either in black or silver.
Hope this helps but colour selection is very subjective.
Maybe search through google image pictures to find some examples of cars in different colours to assist further with your decision...
Old 05-22-2015, 07:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2016 C63S
My original coice of color was iridium or palladium. I was hoping that they would add brilliant blue for the MY2016 but they went with red instead. It just seems to me that MB doesn't listen to it's customers at times. Lots of potential buyers on this forum were hoping for brilliant blue after seeing it on some of the new C63 reviews. Nobody on this forum asked for red .
Just like you I want the contrast with the NSP and black wheels with c/f spoiler. After I saw a white one with the NSP I was sold and ordered it the next day.
I have yet to see the MY2016 in a color I did not like though.

Youtube some reviews should help as well
Old 05-22-2015, 09:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts
17 C63 S Coupe
Thanks Joel for the shout out from my IG page! Haha

I ordered the CF Spoiler but it was not installed on my car. I have ordered it and am waiting for it to arrive at the dealer.

The car looks great in every color. I chose Iridium mainly due to it being a less popular color. Polar is sharp but after having 2 white cars in a row; it was time for a change.

I think Cardinal Red will look INSANE on the C63 S.
Old 05-22-2015, 10:36 AM

2016 C63 S
Originally Posted by JPMBenz
Thanks Joel for the shout out from my IG page! Haha

I ordered the CF Spoiler but it was not installed on my car. I have ordered it and am waiting for it to arrive at the dealer.

The car looks great in every color. I chose Iridium mainly due to it being a less popular color. Polar is sharp but after having 2 white cars in a row; it was time for a change.

Thanks for the opinions so far.

JP....
since you have seen the Lunar Blue in person with almost the exact configuration im looking for what are your thoughts about it in person? I really like the way the pictures you took look.

For me personally i dont think i could pull off the red! Haha

Joel
Old 05-22-2015, 10:38 AM

2016 C63 S
Originally Posted by Will617
My original coice of color was iridium or palladium. I was hoping that they would add brilliant blue for the MY2016 but they went with red instead. It just seems to me that MB doesn't listen to it's customers at times. Lots of potential buyers on this forum were hoping for brilliant blue after seeing it on some of the new C63 reviews. Nobody on this forum asked for red .
Just like you I want the contrast with the NSP and black wheels with c/f spoiler. After I saw a white one with the NSP I was sold and ordered it the next day.
I have yet to see the MY2016 in a color I did not like though.

Youtube some reviews should help as well
I was also hoping for Brillant Blue for MY16.
Old 05-22-2015, 12:40 PM

Currently Looking
Red is really bold for this car IMHO. But I'd have to see it to really appreciate the details on the car in that color. I vote for Polar White but its not on your list so Palladium Silver is the next best option.
Old 05-22-2015, 03:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
None
Are hyacinth red and cardinal red the same colours?
Old 05-22-2015, 03:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

17 C63 S Coupe
Originally Posted by stolenfire
Are hyacinth red and cardinal red the same colours?

Yes, different parts of the world have different names. MB goes by the paint code aka 996.
Old 05-22-2015, 04:49 PM

None
Yes, different parts of the world have different names. MB goes by the paint code aka 996.

I see. Thanks JP!
Old 05-22-2015, 05:45 PM

Currently Looking

This is designo Cardinal Red from the AMG site. If its the same as this it will be damn hot.

Attached Thumbnails My16 Color Opinions-designo-cardinal-red-amg-gt-s.png  
Old 05-22-2015, 06:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

17 C63 S Coupe
Cardinal Red is a beautiful color. I will post a picture of it in natural sunlight. It has orange in it as well; stunning color.
Old 05-22-2015, 10:21 PM

2015 E63S AMG & 2013 GLK350
Of the colors you posted I'd go Lunar Blue, beautiful color however I think the C63 will look great in Cardinal Red

Cardinal Red changes quite a bit in different lighting

My16 Color Opinions-image.jpg1_zps4xkxbfbd.jpg
Attached Thumbnails My16 Color Opinions-image.jpg  
Old 05-23-2015, 11:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

17 C63 S Coupe
CR is easier to take care of then Lunar. I liked my trainers car however I wasn't in love with. Lunar is a underrated color like Iridium Silver. My E92 M3 was Jerez Black which was also rare to see. Lunar is the equivalent to black when it comes to maintenance.
Old 05-23-2015, 11:15 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2015 C63S / 2015 BMW M4
CR is easier to take care of then Lunar. I liked my trainers car however I wasn't in love with. Lunar is a underrated color like Iridium Silver. My E92 M3 was Jerez Black which was also rare to see. Lunar is the equivalent to black when it comes to maintenance.
Had a 2009 E90 M3 in Jerez Black and it was beautiful in the sun. At one point you have a black car and then that hint of blue hits you and wow....

I'm not sure how I let her get away
Old 05-24-2015, 04:59 AM
AV1
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 52 Likes on 45 Posts
C204 C250-CDI
Originally Posted by spacegeek
This is designo Cardinal Red from the AMG site. If its the same as this it will be damn hot.

Originally Posted by TTA850
Of the colors you posted I'd go Lunar Blue, beautiful color however I think the C63 will look great in Cardinal Red

Cardinal Red changes quite a bit in different lighting

In real life it's darker than these pics depict and yes after seeing a couple of E63's like the one above in real life IMHO any MB in this colour will look HOT !!!
Old 05-24-2015, 11:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

17 C63 S Coupe

I couldn't agree more. I miss this thing some days...