Sponsored by:

Engine light

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-26-2015, 10:48 AM

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
C300
Engine light

Just wondering if anyone else has any insight on what this could be last night my engine light went on and stayed on for at least an hour until I turned the car off and then turned it back on at which point the engine light did not come back on . Did notice a strange rumbling sound in the engine this morning when I turned it on the engine light went on again and again a very strange rumbling sound but the light was blinking this time. Again I'm no mechanic I will be taking it in tomorrow but just wondering if anyone else would have any ideas
Old 07-26-2015, 10:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AMG
The ECU is detecting misfires which are actually not there... It's a bug within the software. Go to the dealership, get the errors read and an update made on ECU and TCU by the way... the issue will be gone...
Old 07-26-2015, 12:51 PM

C300
Originally Posted by RENNtech EUROPE
The ECU is detecting misfires which are actually not there... It's a bug within the software. Go to the dealership, get the errors read and an update made on ECU and TCU by the way... the issue will be gone...
I hear ya, but the car itself is making strange sounds and its rumbling, and its not cause its an amg
Old 07-26-2015, 12:52 PM

C300
Originally Posted by RENNtech EUROPE
and there is no error message just engine light blinking and weird rumbling in engine

i guess they will see something when they run diag
Old 07-26-2015, 10:01 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
2015 C63S E1; 2016 C450 AMG
Originally Posted by Julienhi
and there is no error message just engine light blinking and weird rumbling in engine

i guess they will see something when they run diag
If your car came with the same software as mine, then you might actually be having misfires caused by one or more fouled plugs due to the engine running too rich. If this is the cause, the dealer will just change or clean your plugs and update the software and you will be good to go.

Good luck.
Old 07-27-2015, 01:36 AM

A45. C63S.
We had the same problem after 5 days of having the car. Except our CEL stayed on.

Brought it back to the dealer 4 days later. Hooked it up to their computer.

The error code that came up was misfiring Pistons 1 and 6. They updated the software and all fixed. There was a software update for the engine management system to fix these problems. So I agree with Renn, bring it in to your dealer and get the software update.
Old 07-27-2015, 07:07 AM

AMG
Exactly guys... I guess the "rumbling" he means is caused by a few cylinders being switched off / not running due to the faulty misfire detection.