Sponsored by:

Suspension lost its mind...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-27-2015, 12:23 AM

Received 27 Likes on 7 Posts
C63P
Suspension lost its mind...

So this is problem #4 and so far the scariest.

I was cruising for over an hour at ~75mph and went over a pretty large bump. I noticed my butt literally left the seat. I went over another bump and the car started BOUNCING like I had a 95 Civic with cut springs.

I look at the suspension button and it looks to be on "Sport" mode. This whole time I was driving in Comfort mode so I can't see how it changed. I press the button a bunch of times and see the display switching to Sport+/Comfort/Sport but the button stays lit up with one LED. The car feels like its in RACE mode. Every bump/crack is felt, and on special bumps the car vibrates and bounces like mad. I start babying it at 60-65 as this does NOT feel safe to take corners with on crappy Freeways like we have here.

I was 3/4 of the way to my destination (2hr drive) and I figured its too late to drive back home. I took an offramp and stopped, turned the car off for 10 minutes. Start her back up, same problem. The suspension seems to have gone into 'stupid' mode and refuses to go back to comfort.

I make the 35 minute drive to my destination all while trying to not lose my lunch or eyeballs. When I arrive, I get out and look under the hood. Everything seems fine so I go away from the car and plan how I'm going to get it to the dealer without losing my teeth. After 45 minutes I fire it up to move it and MAGICALLY the suspension is now in Comfort mode, the ride is smooth. I switch the suspension to S/S+/C and it works fine now.

WHAT.
THE.

I love and hate this car all at once. First year problems to the extreme. I've never had a car with so many problems within 2 months of ownership:

The following users liked this post:
Jimmy_c63s (04-15-2020)
Old 07-27-2015, 01:49 AM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
2016 C63 AMG S
Damn. Seems to be a lot of issues. Hope they've worked some of them out for my 2016. Sorry for your troubles.
Old 07-28-2015, 07:23 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W203 C230 SPORT
Oh mannnnn.....

In the past month, I've had the displeasure of hearing issues about:

1.) Pano-Roof not working.
2.) CEL for various software reasons.
3.) Rocker-Panel coming loose due to bad double side tape?
4.) General rattles/shakes due to trim.
5.) Wiper chatter.
6.) ....and now SUSPENSION.

I was looking to get the Coupe when it comes out, but now....100% going to wait 4-5 years for the facelifted MY.....which I hope by then, would have most, if not all of these issues resolved.

Thanks for everyone chiming in about these problems, I think it's very helpful to have first hand info about this as reported by the owners. Kudos.
Old 07-28-2015, 07:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 368 Likes on 262 Posts
2017 Porsche 911 C4
Originally Posted by AMGFTMFW
Oh mannnnn.....

5.) Wiper chatter.

I was looking to get the Coupe when it comes out, but now....100% going to wait 4-5 years for the facelifted MY.....which I hope by then, would have most, if not all of these issues resolved.

Thanks for everyone chiming in about these problems, I think it's very helpful to have first hand info about this as reported by the owners. Kudos.
Wait half a decade for a car that's going to be "old gen" and at the end of its lifecycle at that point? I get that the first MY cars will have issues (just look at the M3/M4 boards, there are a ton), but to wait that long is crazy... even LCI cars will have issues!

By the time you get your flawless 2020 AMG C63 S, they will have a new prototype running around the ring with an electric torque fill motor like the P1/918/LaFerrari! Then you might as well wait another year or so for that one, since surely the first MY will have issues

Life is short, my friend. The only benefit of waiting is to buy a pre-owned one that's already taken a big depreciation hit!

Last edited by AlexZTuned; 07-28-2015 at 07:52 PM.
Old 07-28-2015, 08:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 BMW 330i, 2009 C63
Oh mannnnn.....

5.) Wiper chatter.

MY 2016 will fix all that.
Old 07-28-2015, 10:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts
17 C63 S Coupe
The noises/rattles were from the seats or other areas?
Old 07-28-2015, 10:52 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,886 Likes on 1,323 Posts
2014 E63S; AMS 100 octane ecu tune; edok tcu tune; BB intakes; dyno tuned
Oh mannnnn.....

5.) Wiper chatter.

You're going to wait 5 years...? Ok
Old 07-29-2015, 09:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2016 C63S
That's a long time to be staring at a clock.
Just remember that you only live once and life is short and feels like it is getting shorter all the time after you pass 40. Get out and drive
Old 07-29-2015, 06:33 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Currently Looking
Wow. This is concerning. I wonder how many forum members with their cars have experienced no problems with the new W205 model? We should do a poll.
Old 07-29-2015, 07:03 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,886 Likes on 1,323 Posts
2014 E63S; AMS 100 octane ecu tune; edok tcu tune; BB intakes; dyno tuned
Originally Posted by Will617
That's a long time to be staring at a clock.
Just remember that you only live once and life is short and feels like it is getting shorter all the time after you pass 40. Get out and drive
+1000

"Get busy living... Or get busy dying...."
Old 07-30-2015, 12:00 AM

Received 27 Likes on 7 Posts
C63P
Thats right folks. #YOLO!

All these problems don't matter to me as long as the motor makes that sexy noise. Now that breakin is done, no more holding back. This baby will sing.
Old 07-30-2015, 10:04 AM

Received 91 Likes on 68 Posts
'15 C63S
Originally Posted by spacegeek
Wow. This is concerning. I wonder how many forum members with their cars have experienced no problems with the new W205 model? We should do a poll.
Had mine for a month and have put 1,150 miles on it so far. Outside of having to reset the COMAND system once because the screen went blank (held down the CD Eject button for 10 seconds and it fixed everything) and a minor rattle/buzzing in the headliner, I've experienced zero problems.