Sponsored by:

C63S Arrived Early! Happy / Sad...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-16-2015, 03:05 PM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Mercedes-Benz 2016 C63S
C63S Arrived Early! Happy / Sad...

Well my new c63s arrived almost 3 weeks early which was great news! I went to the dealership on Tuesday night to go and see the car. As we were walking to the lot the Salesman I had been dealing with the entire time told me he did have a little bad news to tell me, the car arrived from the AMG factory without the Premium Package installed.... this is what my spec was meant to have been, and arrived with, except the premium package. I thought the 360 camera may not have been on but didn't think the premium package could have been forgotten about???

2015 Mercedes C63S
Iridium Silver
Std 5 twin spoke titanium wheels
Nappa Leather 2 tone platin white pearl/black
Black open-pore ashwood trim
AMG Drivers Package
Driving Assistance Package
Premium Package
AMG Night Package
Head up display
360 Camera
AMG Performance Exhaust

Anyways so all in all I've lost out on the upgraded speakers, sunroof, keyless go and start and LED Intelligent lights... I obviously kicked up a storm and wanted to walk away from the Sale. The agent asked me to give him 24hours. After which he called me and said would I consider keeping the car if they removed the £2500 cost of the premium package (obviously) but also offered another £2500 off the cost of the car. After a little thought, the extra £5k in my pocket was attractive and still own a C63S. I've now had it for a couple of days and have put 300 miles on it now.

What I can say is, this thing is an awesome car! Obviously still running it in and abiding by the limitations, but this morning I I pushed it just a little more and my god this thing just wanted to take off into another dimension. It certainly makes my 510HP Audi S4 look sluggish.

For any UK peeps around London and interested in the fuel economy real world, I drove from Colliers Wood (near Wimbledon, city stop start driving) through down South to Horley via Gatwick airport (some highway driving as well) and spent the entire journey in Comfort Mode with the engine stop start and coasting active. Maintaining speed limits or just over, I set distronic plus to 75 mph on the motorway. When I got home 40 minutes later I had 27mpg exactly. I was very impressed with this!

I can also confirm chattering wiper blades as others have already mentioned in posts on here. Will need to sort this out or hopefully Bosch produce a compatible blade soon.

I received Dunlop Sport Max on my car, was hoping for MPSS's as I use these on all my cars. Can't get a better tyre IMO.

The drivers assistance package is already awesome in my eyes! Absolutely loving the car, and I'm not bothered with the sunroof missing (at least I'm saving a little weight ) or the keyless go/start... and the standard headlights seem really amazing as they are. I'm sure the LED Intelligent ones are even better though. I am however missing the upgraded speakers, the standard ones are plain crap and the system is very trebble focused even if you turn the treble down and bass up with midrange up, just horrible. I can see I will have to put in some after market speakers and an amp maybe.

Other than that - this baby is pure joy and is what wet dreams are made of!

Thanks to all the peeps in this forum for all the info and help and guidance you all give. Great place to be.

All the best.
Old 08-16-2015, 03:08 PM

Mercedes-Benz 2016 C63S
pics
Attached Thumbnails C63S Arrived Early! Happy / Sad...-img_4542.jpg   C63S Arrived Early! Happy / Sad...-img_4543.jpg   C63S Arrived Early! Happy / Sad...-img_4546.jpg   C63S Arrived Early! Happy / Sad...-img_4547.jpg  
Old 08-16-2015, 03:10 PM

Mercedes-Benz 2016 C63S
pics 2
Attached Thumbnails C63S Arrived Early! Happy / Sad...-img_4554.jpg   C63S Arrived Early! Happy / Sad...-img_4597.jpg  
Old 08-16-2015, 03:44 PM

Received 72 Likes on 50 Posts
Wow that really sucks missing out the Premium. Not sure if I would accept the car myself in your situation, the stuff in the premium package is basically 100% mandatory for me...

I really hope my car comes the way I ordered it....I already caught a small mistake just a few days before the order freeze (wrong seatbelt colour).

Glad that you're still enjoying it. My exterior is going to look exactly the same as yours, and your pics look awesome!
Old 08-16-2015, 03:57 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W203 C230 SPORT
Dealers Are Worthless These Days

1.) If specific packages are ordered from the dealer, how is it possible that mistakes such as MISSING packages occur?

From what I've read from various different forums, this problem is becoming more and more commonplace, and frankly, it's ridiculous.

All that is required is spec'ing a customer's new car, placing the order with the factory, following up on it, and constantly making sure that customer's car is up to the customer's specifications/demands, and delivery/shipment is set on a timely basis.

This isn't rocket science, folks.

2.) IMO, if mistakes likes these are made, there is no chance in hell that I would:

a.) Accept the vehicle.
b.) Ever go back to that dealership ever again. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Rarely do I ever return to dealerships who pay no attention to detail and have a habit of f u c k i n g things up continually. I go through dealerships like I do socks.

The way I see it, as a dealership, you have one shot at getting it right. Fack it up, and you're done.

Last edited by AMGFTMFW; 08-16-2015 at 04:00 PM.
Old 08-16-2015, 04:14 PM

Mercedes-Benz 2016 C63S
Originally Posted by AMGFTMFW
1.) If specific packages are ordered from the dealer, how is it possible that mistakes such as MISSING packages occur?

From what I've read from various different forums, this problem is becoming more and more commonplace, and frankly, it's ridiculous.

All that is required is spec'ing a customer's new car, placing the order with the factory, following up on it, and constantly making sure that customer's car is up to the customer's specifications/demands, and delivery/shipment is set on a timely basis.

This isn't rocket science, folks.

2.) IMO, if mistakes likes these are made, there is no chance in hell that I would:

a.) Accept the vehicle.
b.) Ever go back to that dealership ever again. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Rarely do I ever return to dealerships who pay no attention to detail and have a habit of f u c k i n g things up continually. I go through dealerships like I do socks.

The way I see it, as a dealership, you have one shot at getting it right. Fack it up, and you're done.
Whilst I'm not going to argue with any of your points for obvious reasons... the only reason why I did accept the car is because, waiting on a new order would mean waiting till January before receiving it. I have already waited 3 months for this order and I really did not fancy waiting another 5 months at best.

I also do not fancy an M3/4, nor do I fancy anything Audi currently have on the market. So that left me in a position where I either take the deal if the package wasn't that much of a bother so I could get the car I had been waiting for. Believe me, if the waiting list was only a month or 2. I would never have taken the car. I even looked online for available 2nd hand low mileage C63S's but ever one of them are edition 1's which I do not like or in colours I don't want, or with a lack of specification and packages. So compromise on a used car, or compromise on a new car that has everything I want, except one package. Fair enough a pretty main package but what were my options.

You're right though, pretty poor service on all accounts, and I won't be using that dealership again.

Regardless - the car itself is amazing and thats the car I wanted. Now I have it, I know I made the right choice. Was the service commendable? Not in the least.
Old 08-16-2015, 04:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 112 Likes on 97 Posts
2016 C63S Sedan
Are you sure it was dealer and not factory?
Did dealer give you a print out of your order when placed?
If factory maybe dealer can get another allocation.
Old 08-16-2015, 05:06 PM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,352 Likes on 2,807 Posts
2012 CLS63
very nice OP! looks like a great ride.....

I would be livid however, if the car I configured, wasn't the way I configured it......period

at any rate, enjoy the car
Old 08-16-2015, 07:38 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2014 E63
I would have made them order a new one, at invoice dealer cost. A car without Keyless go is unacceptable in this age. That one feature alone would **** me off every single time I get into the car.
Old 08-16-2015, 08:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bmw
Was the total discount on the car 2500? or did you get more with the original discount?
Old 08-16-2015, 08:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2016 C63S
I would agree with most and say, no sorry you messed up, go find one like I requested.
The bottom line though is how YOU feel about it. If YOU are happy with the deal and the car so be it, the rest really doesn't matter. Enjoy your new AMG
Old 08-16-2015, 09:28 PM

W203 C230 SPORT
Old 08-16-2015, 10:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts
17 C63 S Coupe
If you are happy that is all that matters. Enjoy the car and welcome to the family!
Old 08-17-2015, 05:26 AM

Mercedes-Benz 2016 C63S
Originally Posted by JPMBenz
If you are happy that is all that matters. Enjoy the car and welcome to the family!
Obviously I'd be happier with my keyless start and go, etc, but I didn't buy the C63S for that. I bought it for the engine and driving characteristics.

So I've decided to hold onto this one as I have it, and when the facelifted version comes out, I'll trade this one in on of them...
Old 08-17-2015, 06:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 100 Likes on 70 Posts
2018 GLC63
Congrats! Any way you cut it, the car still looks awesome!
Old 08-18-2015, 03:48 AM

Mercedes-Benz 2016 C63S
Originally Posted by Vipershade
Congrats! Any way you cut it, the car still looks awesome!
Thank you sir. Appreciate it. It is a completely awesome car and Merc have done the business, and their homework, on this car! It's like having Demi Moore (in her younger days, or not even...) as your mistress. You know she's filthy dirty but looks oh so classy and sweet in public!
Old 08-18-2015, 05:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 100 Likes on 70 Posts
2018 GLC63
Originally Posted by sabre1978
Thank you sir. Appreciate it. It is a completely awesome car and Merc have done the business, and their homework, on this car! It's like having Demi Moore (in her younger days, or not even...) as your mistress. You know she's filthy dirty but looks oh so classy and sweet in public!
That is priceless!

When I look at the pictures, I think, this is an awesome car to look at, but more importantly (looking at the interior), I want to drive it.

How many cars do we see that are awesome to look at but the interiors are just okay, leaving you with a feeling of "I would rather look at it, than drive it."
Old 08-18-2015, 05:43 AM

Mercedes-Benz 2016 C63S
Originally Posted by Vipershade
That is priceless!

When I look at the pictures, I think, this is an awesome car to look at, but more importantly (looking at the interior), I want to drive it.

How many cars do we see that are awesome to look at but the interiors are just okay, leaving you with a feeling of "I would rather look at it, than drive it."
Can't agree more, I've always loved Audi because I just think their internal cabins are like no other and have always been way above the competition. The new Mercs interior is really coming along in leaps and bounds and the new C Class cabins, are just awesome. This car is great to look at, inside and out, and even better to drive. That's what just seals the deal.
Old 08-18-2015, 06:55 PM

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
2001 Porsche 911 Turbo (heavily modified)
Can't agree more, I've always loved Audi because I just think their internal cabins are like no other and have always been way above the competition. The new Mercs interior is really coming along in leaps and bounds and the new C Class cabins, are just awesome. This car is great to look at, inside and out, and even better to drive. That's what just seals the deal.
I have to agree. I bought my B8 S4 because the interior and potential sold me. I am now in a W204 c63 and I think there are things better and worse in the benz interior. Sat in the new c63S and they have def stepped up hard!
Old 08-19-2015, 06:30 AM

2012 Audi S4
Originally Posted by ENV²
I have to agree. I bought my B8 S4 because the interior and potential sold me. I am now in a W204 c63 and I think there are things better and worse in the benz interior. Sat in the new c63S and they have def stepped up hard!

ENV,

Glad to see a fellow S4 owner shopping for the same car I am lol. Mine is up for sale currently.

OP,

I would not have accepted the car, one thing I have learned from my S4 ownership is that the initial excitement and tempting thought of saving 5g is that once you own the car for a while, you lose the excitement and start noticing the little things. You will, and I promise, regret that you accepted the car and missed out on the options you originally spec'd out.
Old 08-19-2015, 06:54 AM

Mercedes-Benz 2016 C63S
Originally Posted by Jones2012S4
ENV,

Glad to see a fellow S4 owner shopping for the same car I am lol. Mine is up for sale currently.

OP,

I would not have accepted the car, one thing I have learned from my S4 ownership is that the initial excitement and tempting thought of saving 5g is that once you own the car for a while, you lose the excitement and start noticing the little things. You will, and I promise, regret that you accepted the car and missed out on the options you originally spec'd out.
I'm also a B8 S4 (510HP MRC Stage 2 - pulley, intake, remap) owner, who's moved onto the C63S. Not a single regret and I'm sure neither of you will should you choose that route as well. Great car and makes the stage 2 S4 feel silly, and that's stock. All down to the torque this car produces. Also just completely different driving characteristics. Too lovely!

Jones - you're probably right, in the long run. At the moment, I seriously am not fussed. I'm just loving the car and can't get the break in miles done fast enough. At 350 miles now and counting. Anyway my car has the drivers package, driving assistance package with distronic plus, blind spot checking, lane keep, head up display, performance exhaust, 360 camera (which is amazing), and a **** load of things I haven't even got to use yet. So for keyless entry and keyless start not to be there is really not the end of the world. I have a heap of amazing things still on there.

Anyways I feel like I'm having to defend myself for taking the car all the time. I'm happy with it for now. If it really bugs me down the line like some suggest, I'll trade it in on the face-lifted version MY2018. I appreciate that most of you would not have taken the car - and I accept that. I just couldn't find anything comparable on the market nor in the pipeline, and I couldn't wait another 5 months for a new car.

Oh and to answer a previous post by RDOCA - it was actually ordered correctly by the dealer. It was the factory themselves that messed it up
Old 08-22-2015, 10:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ford Truck, 2014 C63 AMG 507
I'd have passed on the car and waited until the options you wanted were delivered.

Regarding the chattering blades, one or two good rains and they will stop chattering and work well.
Old 08-24-2015, 06:32 PM

Mercedes-Benz 2016 C63S
So based on all the comments on the site I thought perhaps I was being to lenient on MB by taking the car as I had. I started a complaint with Head Office UK and expressed my unhappiness. I won't make this a long story, but after a lot of deliberation and back and forth they have placed a new order for a MY2016 car that is due to go into production in 3 weeks time with the full specification I had asked for and it will be delivered end of Nov.

I get to keep the current car until then and they have basically offered me a trade in price that means I have to pay in 6K extra on the new car. If you take that the new car has the premium package and this one doesn't, that's £2.5 off the £6k I have to pay which leaves £3.5k and then the fact that they offered me £2.5k discount of the current car as an apology - I'm really only putting in £1k of my own money for a brand new car and having had this car for 4 months by the time I get the new car. Really cannot complain about that...

So thanks for all the comments which pushed me to pursue the full spec as per original request.

I hope you're all enjoying your new cars and for those still waiting, it's really worth the wait!
Old 08-24-2015, 06:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 112 Likes on 97 Posts
2016 C63S Sedan
Good job - I think this is a great move for you as you get what you really wanted and not having to take a small discount to keep the car you did not want.
The keyless alone is worth it for me.
Old 08-24-2015, 07:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2016 C63S
So based on all the comments on the site I thought perhaps I was being to lenient on MB by taking the car as I had. I started a complaint with Head Office UK and expressed my unhappiness. I won't make this a long story, but after a lot of deliberation and back and forth they have placed a new order for a MY2016 car that is due to go into production in 3 weeks time with the full specification I had asked for and it will be delivered end of Nov.

I get to keep the current car until then and they have basically offered me a trade in price that means I have to pay in 6K extra on the new car. If you take that the new car has the premium package and this one doesn't, that's £2.5 off the £6k I have to pay which leaves £3.5k and then the fact that they offered me £2.5k discount of the current car as an apology - I'm really only putting in £1k of my own money for a brand new car and having had this car for 4 months by the time I get the new car. Really cannot complain about that...

So thanks for all the comments which pushed me to pursue the full spec as per original request.

I hope you're all enjoying your new cars and for those still waiting, it's really worth the wait!

Good for you to go after it. After all it was not your mistake

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: C63S Arrived Early! Happy / Sad...