Sponsored by:

Opticoated and Happy!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-09-2015, 06:43 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C63s 2016
Opticoated and Happy!

Big shout out to Zach at Car Spa Auto detailing from Brisbane. He spent all day on my Brilliant blue C63s

He machine corrected every panel, applied 2 coats of Opti-Coat, all interior, wheels callipers and the exhaust tips.

Super glossy and water beads like you won't believe. I would recommend this treatment.
Attached Thumbnails Opticoated and Happy!-img_2948.jpg   Opticoated and Happy!-img_2945.jpg   Opticoated and Happy!-img_2947.jpg  
Old 10-09-2015, 08:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63s Edition 1
Looks great - congrats!
Old 10-09-2015, 06:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLE63
Congrats, looks awesome.
Old 10-09-2015, 10:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts
17 C63 S Coupe
MORE PICSSSSSS haha
Old 10-10-2015, 08:34 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2003 Chevy Tahoe
C63Dal - Congrats! You'll be glad you had the finish work done. I've taken all my Benzos to Brian Lewis of SpeedFreak Detail in Sterling, Va. His clients include Washington Redskins players, Washington Nationals, and Baltimore Ravens. Probably one of the best detailers in the business.

FYI - below is my weekly process for maintenance. It may seem a bit OCD at first, and it's not for everyone - My car has had multi-stage paint correction, OptiCoat and full 3M clear bra. I spend about four to five hours every week on my car. Longer when necessary. For a quick wash it'll only take 90- min or so. 5-bucket method using 4 buckets with grit guards. Use warm water and Detailer's Xtreme Foam Formula Auto Shampoo. Three dedicated MF wash mitts.

1 - Power wash car to remove loose surface dirt and grit.

2 - Wash wheels, tires & wheel wells first: Pre-spray wheels with Sonax Wheel Cleaner. In first bucket of Detailer's Xtreme Foam, use Daytona Speed Master PRO Wheel Brush to clean spokes and wheel rims. First MF mitt to clean wheel face. Tire bush to clean both sides of tire. Handle brush to scrub wheel well. Rinse.

3 - The dirt belt (wash area around the vehicle from the side trim down): Two new buckets of Detailer's Xteme foam and grit guards. Pre-spray area to be cleaned with foam cannon filled with Detailer's Xtreme foam, using second MF mitt and two buckets of Detailer's Xtreme foam and grit guards (one for pre-rinse, one soap) work from side trim down - never move from dirty back to clean but always from clean to dirty. Rinse.

4 - Wash entire vehicle from top down: Another two clean buckets of Detailer's Xtreme foam. Pre-spray area to be cleaned with foam cannon filled with Detailer's Xtreme foam, using third MF mitt and two clean buckets of Detailer's Xtreme foam and grit guards (one for pre-rinse, one soap) work from top down - again, never move from dirty back to clean but from clean to dirty. Rinse.

5 - Drying: OptiCoat and Modesta are highly hydrophobic coatings, and you can dry the vehicle by simply sheeting a stream of water and "pulling" it down the car. Perfectly dry with no water spots. Dedicated leaf blower on low to blow water from trim and crevices, followed by Wolfgang's Detailer Spritz and MF towels dedicated to exterior drying only (more "patting" than actual drying). The less "touching" you do to your car the better. Never MF a car without some form of detail spritz or waterless wash.

Microfiber care. I have a bucket of Detailer's Pro pad rejuvinator sitting by the side. When I finish using a MF towel I throw it in there and let it sit. Perfect for loosening up dirt, wax etc, before you wash. I use Detailer Pro Micro Fiber Restorer Detergent and distilled white vinegar in the rinse well (do not forget to use the vinegar)! Do not wash MF with any other fabrics. Separate your MF based on their use. Separate loads for buffing polishing MF and cleaning/interior/leather MF. Wash three times on hottest setting, i.e., Sanitize! AIR DRY ONLY, without a dryer sheet. Periodically you'll begin to notice your MF becomes water repellant. Indication that it's time to really clean them. The best method is to use boiling water. I use the Detailer's Pro pad rejuvinator, and fill a 5 gal bucket with boiling water and let my towels soak for about 15 minutes. After washing the towels are soft, and hydrophilic, like new.

All of this takes some time. Far more than your average schmo who walks out on a Saturday morning with a sponge, bucket and a chamois. But if you've just spent a few thousand dollars on having your finish brought to perfection - you're the type who will appreciate the results. If you use this method there is absolutely no risk of introducing scratches or swirls, and your car will look showroom perfect for years to come. Best of luck!
Old 10-12-2015, 09:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts
17 C63 S Coupe
Your wash practice is pretty much similar to mine. However, I did just learn a thing or two about washing the towels. Good look!
Old 10-16-2015, 05:50 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C63s 2016
Very detailed wash cycle! i use two buckets, grit guards and Zaino car wash. MF dry then Zaino detail finish.

looks good!