C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Car Colors in the Morning - Pewter

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-16-2008, 12:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 C63 AMG
Car Colors in the Morning - Pewter

I went to the dealer this morning at sunrise and I was surprised by how much the morning light affected the car colors.

I've got a reservation for a Palladium Silver/Pewter but now I might be leaning towards Pewter/Black. I'll be making a few more trips to the dealer over the weekend.
Old 08-16-2008, 03:27 PM
GGM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2008 E350
Originally Posted by hawtheric1
I went to the dealer this morning at sunrise and I was surprised by how much the morning light affected the car colors.

I've got a reservation for a Palladium Silver/Pewter but now I might be leaning towards Pewter/Black. I'll be making a few more trips to the dealer over the weekend.
I have a pewter E350. It does change color depending on the sun. On cloudy/rainy days it looks more silver. In the bright sun it looks kind of gold. At first, I was upset that I couldn't trade my desert silver C240 for a desert silver E350 (I don't know when they stopped with the desert silver) but I am really glad I got the pewter. It doesn't show dirt easily and I get plenty of compliments on the car. Most E's on the road are black, white, or silver/gray. And then the cashmere (tan) interior really pulls the gold highlights out of the exterior pewter.
Old 08-16-2008, 04:15 PM

2009 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by GGM
I have a pewter E350. It does change color depending on the sun. On cloudy/rainy days it looks more silver. In the bright sun it looks kind of gold. At first, I was upset that I couldn't trade my desert silver C240 for a desert silver E350 (I don't know when they stopped with the desert silver) but I am really glad I got the pewter. It doesn't show dirt easily and I get plenty of compliments on the car. Most E's on the road are black, white, or silver/gray. And then the cashmere (tan) interior really pulls the gold highlights out of the exterior pewter.
I'll bet that does look nice. Do you have any pics you can share?

We're going back to the dealer tonight to see how the cars look in the evening light.
Old 08-16-2008, 04:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
We're going back to the dealer tonight to see how the cars look in the evening light.

You must be driving your wife nuts by now.....LOL.
Old 08-16-2008, 04:37 PM
GGM

2008 E350

Sorry, I don't have any pictures. But I don't think pictures would do it justice. You really have to see it in person to get the effect. The pewter is unlike any other color I have seen.

At first it was a compromise because I really wanted gold (desert silver). But now I really like the pewter and I am glad I couldn't get gold. The pewter is a rich-looking color with a lot of depth.

I think the pewter with black will tend to look silver more often because the black will pull the gray out of the exterior color. I just really like a tan interior. It also helps that I live in Florida and really feel hot in a black interior.

Maybe the dealer has a pewter/cashmere combination in another model so you can compare. The pewter really changes depending on outdoor light and on interior color.

Just checked mbusa.com and saw that cashmere is not an interior option on the C-class. There is a tan (it's called almond), but it doesn't seem to be as "yellow" as cashmere so I don't know how it will affect the pewter.

Hope this is helpful.

Last edited by GGM; 08-16-2008 at 04:55 PM.
Old 08-16-2008, 05:06 PM

2009 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by GGM
Sorry, I don't have any pictures. But I don't think pictures would do it justice. You really have to see it in person to get the effect. The pewter is unlike any other color I have seen.

At first it was a compromise because I really wanted gold (desert silver). But now I really like the pewter and I am glad I couldn't get gold. The pewter is a rich-looking color with a lot of depth.

I think the pewter with black will tend to look silver more often because the black will pull the gray out of the exterior color. I just really like a tan interior. It also helps that I live in Florida and really feel hot in a black interior.

Maybe the dealer has a pewter/cashmere combination in another model so you can compare. The pewter really changes depending on outdoor light and on interior color.

Just checked mbusa.com and saw that cashmere is not an interior option on the C-class. There is a tan (it's called almond), but it doesn't seem to be as "yellow" as cashmere so I don't know how it will affect the pewter.

Hope this is helpful.
Very helpful. Thanks.
Old 08-16-2008, 05:06 PM

2009 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Sincity
You must be driving your wife nuts by now.....LOL.
Absolutley bonkers. There's no way i'm going to be able to wait until November. And please don't let there be any delays. I might explode.
Old 08-17-2008, 04:47 PM
GGM

2008 E350

Here are some pictures in bright sunlight. The very front is in the shade of the house. I still don't think pictures do it justice. I will try some more in different light.
Attached Thumbnails Car Colors in the Morning - Pewter-imgp0271.jpg   Car Colors in the Morning - Pewter-imgp0270.jpg  
Old 08-17-2008, 05:39 PM
GGM

2008 E350
Sun going down. Windows open and door open so you can get an idea of the interior and its effect on the color.

Hope this helps.
Attached Thumbnails Car Colors in the Morning - Pewter-imgp0274.jpg   Car Colors in the Morning - Pewter-imgp0273.jpg   Car Colors in the Morning - Pewter-imgp0272.jpg  
Old 08-17-2008, 10:00 PM

2009 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by GGM
Sun going down. Windows open and door open so you can get an idea of the interior and its effect on the color.

Hope this helps.
That helps a lot, thank you.

Great car and color combo.