C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

29$ for Bluetooth streaming audio add in, ie Pandora

Old 10-22-2014, 07:13 PM

Received 38 Likes on 28 Posts
2011 C63
Originally Posted by vastermind
Volume and sound is great. Not sure on the pigtail part have to get back to u later. Battery holds well for as long as one overnight but I'd say if 2 nights you'll need to push the button again.
Ok good news. Does it charge through a mini USB port?
Old 10-23-2014, 06:31 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C63
I bought the Blackberry BT adapter in the OP. It works great, but I get some feedback (whine). I need to try a different charger to see if it cures it.
Old 10-23-2014, 12:34 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'10 P30 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by vastermind
I had this and HATED it. It never paired, I'd have to reach in the glove box to turn it on. The sound was terrible and was picking up the engine revs, so I got a ground loop isolator that helped a little, but the sound was still garbage, super flat, so bass.

So between the 3.5mm harness, the ground loop isolator and charger I had a bowl of spaghetti in my glove box.....and it didn't even sound good.
Old 10-23-2014, 12:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts
This and that.
Can someone PLEASE give a step by step as to which device to buy and after that what needs to be done?! I am so confused with all the mixed responses in here so a simplified version would be really appreciated!! Thanks in advance!
Old 10-23-2014, 12:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 53 Posts
C63 AMG P30 *EuroCharged*| Porsche Cayenne | Buell XB9SX
Originally Posted by papashango
Can someone PLEASE give a step by step as to which device to buy and after that what needs to be done?! I am so confused with all the mixed responses in here so a simplified version would be really appreciated!! Thanks in advance!
so basically par for the course? lol.
Old 10-23-2014, 01:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 375 Likes on 335 Posts
2014 E63 AMGs, 2015 F-150 Lariat, 2010 Porsche C4S
Originally Posted by papashango

We would all like that. LOL.

There is no universal or consistent answer to get full functionality like the cars of 2012 and newer. My next idea is to try an iPhone 6 with Spotify, hooked to the MB cable, and see if it's any dfferent. Odds are it won;t be.

Regards,

Joe
Old 10-23-2014, 03:04 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'10 P30 C63 AMG
1) Get Amazon Prime

2) Buy Tune2Air

3) Try it. If you like it, keep it. If you don't, return it.
Old 10-23-2014, 06:35 PM

2011 C63
Originally Posted by Illegal Machine
1) Get Amazon Prime

2) Buy Tune2Air

3) Try it. If you like it, keep it. If you don't, return it.
I did steps 2 and 3. I didn't get Amazon Prime and it was still free shipping because it was over $35. If I don't like it, I'll return it. Amazon even has local drop boxes to return items. Then I'll try the Kivino unit and hope that it works.
Old 10-25-2014, 08:34 PM

2011 C63
OK, the Tune2Air came this afternoon. I hooked it up and the good news it didn't show "no device" like the other 30 pin units I tried. I paired it up with my iphone using the code 0000, everything looked good.

OK, my results:
1) The IPOD music on my iPhone 5 worked great. I've always used my IPOD, but I decided to put all the music on my iPhone (3 megs worth). I can select a playlist and it will go through the songs perfectly and it displays all the information (song/artist). I can go forward and back through the list. If I shut off the car and come back, it resumes where I left off. It's just as if I still had my IPOD connected. However, if I do go out of the music and listen to Pandora, when I go back to the IPOD music on the iPhone I have to start over and select the playlist again. No big deal, seems reasonable to me.

2) iHeart or Pandora: This is a mixed review, seems very buggy. Most of the time it will show the song/artist on the display, but not always. I only once did it let me fast forward from the controls. I'm not too happy with the results here. I really want to be able to hit a button and fast forward.

I'll run it a couple of days to see if it starts working better. If not, then I'm returning it and trying the Kinivo.

EDIT: I'm returning it. I tried erasing all my IPOD music on the iPhone because an Audi forum stated it was the only way to get the streaming to work right. With no songs at all, it will just read "no data" on the media interface. Tried adding one song and it will work, but Pandora is still buggy. It will read just the first song and it will not skip songs with anything except the phone controls. Even if you let it go through to the next song, the original song name stays on the display. Not worth $90 to me. If all I needed was IPOD music I would have kept it. I want to listen to Spotify and Pandora so I'll try the Kinivo BCT450.

Now the big question, I know you can skip to the next song on Kinivo by hitting the little button that you mount somewhere convenient. Seems OK. But do the song/artist names show up on the display or not????

Edit 2
I'm going to pass on the Bluetooth and stick with the aux cable. I ran a 6 foot cable from the glove box under the side of the center console into the console then out between the two console covers. I put a 2" x 1" piece of velcro on the back of my phone case and I attach it onto the very front of the left hand console cover. Now I can skip songs by just touching the lower right of the phone.

I'd rather have had the tune2air if it had worked properly, but this solution is better than any other solution. I have better sound with the aux cable but all I have to do is to not forget the phone when I get out of the car.
Thanks,
Glenn

Last edited by glennhl; 10-26-2014 at 04:31 PM.
Old 04-21-2016, 02:59 PM

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
W204 C63 P30 / C190 GT S
Thanks a lot for this thread.

Confirming that as of today this still works, and I have the newer version of Blackberry's module (rectangle and not square shaped).
On my Samsung Galaxy Alpha it connects to both the car and the Blackberry module bluetooth at the same time, and when I get a call the switch between call and music streaming is automatic and care free.