C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Dads Performance offers the Louvered Hood!!

Old 10-31-2010, 03:13 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C63 AMG
FRP has been around forever. You'll be fine. You will enjoy the lighter hood and the lower under hood temps. Thanks again for your order!!

Mike,
I would number them if I knew for sure how many we are making. Great idea though.
Old 11-01-2010, 10:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 C63AMG P31
just asking how much does it weight exactly because of shipping
thats all thanks
Old 11-01-2010, 12:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'13 CLS63 PP
count me in for FRP
Old 11-01-2010, 01:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2009 C63, 2007 GL 450
Originally Posted by alrasheed1991
just asking how much does it weight exactly because of shipping
thats all thanks
Hi, I bought a Cf hood from the people that Dads are having build this hood and the shipment is 45kg. The hood itself is in a carbaord box which is then packed inside a wooden box with foam bumpers between the two boxes. Very well packed and will make sure the hood arrives in a good state.
D
Old 11-01-2010, 01:37 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

C63 AMG
I just want to personally say thank you to each and every one of you that have ordered these hoods. Its really enjoyable when you make something like this because it needs one, its functional, and it looks pretty cool in the process makes it all worth while. I never would have imagined it would sell and start a small family business.
Once again, THANK YOU!!

Great news! One more to the list!!

Christmas Special - 10% discount on the above prices for this original order!!
1. Dads C63 - Carbon Fiber
2. Hughes1 - Carbon Fiber
3. Dodger63 - Carbon Fiber
4. bhamg - Carbon Fiber
5. PetroC55 - FRP
6. SonnyakaPig - FRP
7. gyrex - FRP
8. faresuae - FRP
9. Harrower - FRP

THANKS Dave!!!!

You get that RS6 over here and legal and I'll owe you a hood. LOL

Last edited by Dads Perf. LLC; 11-01-2010 at 02:51 PM.
Old 11-01-2010, 01:39 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

C63 AMG
Originally Posted by harrower
Hi, I bought a Cf hood from the people that Dads are having build this hood and the shipment is 45kg. The hood itself is in a carbaord box which is then packed inside a wooden box with foam bumpers between the two boxes. Very well packed and will make sure the hood arrives in a good state.
D
Dave,
Thank you for answering his question. I ask Carl but I am sure he's busy and hasn't had a chance to reply. You know you need one. HA! HA!
Old 11-01-2010, 02:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 Chevy 427 Torch Red
Originally Posted by faresuae
count me in for FRP
Your car looks incredible already I can't wait to see pictures of it with this louvered hood.
Old 11-01-2010, 02:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2009 C63, 2007 GL 450
Originally Posted by Dads Perf. LLC
Dave,
Thank you for answering his question. I ask Carl but I am sure he's busy and hasn't had a chance to reply. You know you need one. HA! HA!
Keith, I hate you! Put me down for one FRP unit!!! What and the hell am I doing? 3 hoods for a single car. I am buying a Skoda next so I don't sucked into the mod game. I mean how much can you do with a 2.5L diesel? If the wife goes nuts, I am giving her your number and blaming you for making such a cool and functional product!

Dave
Old 11-01-2010, 02:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2009 C63, 2007 GL 450
Originally Posted by Dads Perf. LLC
Dave,
BTW, just to "pay you back in kind" I am going to find you that RS6!
Old 11-01-2010, 02:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E63 P30, CL500 Sport
This is just a suggestion, so please don't hate me for it guys: if you're going to buy such an incredibly designed hood (has both looks and functionality), combined with the fact that it will be a limited edition item, and of course this seems like a very rare opportunity to be able to get one of those hoods done at this price, then you might as well go all out and get the CARBON FIBER version.... the price difference seems worth the other benefits.
Old 11-01-2010, 02:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 CTS-V
Keith, I hate you! Put me down for one FRP unit!!! What and the hell am I doing? 3 hoods for a single car. I am buying a Skoda next so I don't sucked into the mod game. I mean how much can you do with a 2.5L diesel? If the wife goes nuts, I am giving her your number and blaming you for making such a cool and functional product!

Dave
Ha Ha!

I knew you would cave.

Mike
Old 11-01-2010, 02:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2009 C63, 2007 GL 450
Originally Posted by MB_Forever
This is just a suggestion, so please don't hate me for it guys: if you're going to buy such an incredibly designed hood (has both looks and functionality), combined with the fact that it will be a limited edition item, and of course this seems like a very rare opportunity to be able to get one of those hoods done at this price, then you might as well go all out and get the CARBON FIBER version.... the price difference seems worth the other benefits.
I agree 100%, unless you already have vented CF hood Will use OEM or FRP for tracking and CF for DD.
Old 11-01-2010, 02:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport
I agree 100%, unless you already have vented CF hood Will use OEM or FRP for tracking and CF for DD.
Gotcha ..... you already have a CF hood?
Old 11-01-2010, 02:53 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

C63 AMG
BTW, just to "pay you back in kind" I am going to find you that RS6!
You would be the man then!!!!!!

Thanks again for the order!!!!
Old 11-01-2010, 02:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2009 C63, 2007 GL 450
Gotcha ..... you already have a CF hood?
Yup, I have the Stone Carbon vented hood.
Old 11-01-2010, 03:19 PM
Super Moderator

W221
That is SICK! I'd be all over it if I had a C63.
Old 11-01-2010, 05:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Vath ML63 Brabus C63 SL63 CLK63BS C63BS
So once this initial batch is produced, thats it. no chance to ever get one again?
Old 11-01-2010, 05:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MB
I'm interested in your opinion. And I don't really know the functional difference between CF and FRP, except that CF is a little lighter in this application.

What are other benefits for the CF hood that you see?
Old 11-01-2010, 05:37 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Maverick1975
So once this initial batch is produced, thats it. no chance to ever get one again?
Hey Maverick1975,
I'm not saying it won't be available again. All I am doing is putting this initial group buy together as low as possible on the price. To ship that hood from overseas to the states alone is around $300. Since I am bringing them in together its going to cost much less and thats why I can pay the freight to my warehouse in Florida. Then all you have to pay is the freight inside the states to you. That savings along with the Christmas 10% discount makes this initial offer very attractive. I enjoy doing this and have some other things in the works because of it. Let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks,
Keith
Old 11-01-2010, 06:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Originally Posted by SonnyakaPig
I'm interested in your opinion. And I don't really know the functional difference between CF and FRP, except that CF is a little lighter in this application.

What are other benefits for the CF hood that you see?
You are right... functionality is almost same between the two hoods. However, the carbon fiber one has a couple of "small" pluses on its side over the plastic hood. The CF hood is lighter, stronger, and likely better for long-term durability. It will also deal with heat better than plastic. And aside from those few points, in my opinion, there is also an underlying "prestigious" element to carbon fiber - especially on a Mercedes. For example, when selling the car for some reason, having a full carbon fiber hood, I think, would be more attractive to an average buyer than a plastic one. Again, this is purely my opinion
Old 11-01-2010, 07:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MB
You are right... functionality is almost same between the two hoods. However, the carbon fiber one has a couple of "small" pluses on its side over the plastic hood. The CF hood is lighter, stronger, and likely better for long-term durability. It will also deal with heat better than plastic. And aside from those few points, in my opinion, there is also an underlying "prestigious" element to carbon fiber - especially on a Mercedes. For example, when selling the car for some reason, having a full carbon fiber hood, I think, would be more attractive to an average buyer than a plastic one. Again, this is purely my opinion
Well, when you put it that way, hmm... Good points.

I was thinking of alternating between the FRP hood and the stock hood and having the FRP hood wrapped in matte black vinyl. Seemed like it was a cost effective approach and would look cool.

But, CF would look great. And obviously, you could wrap or paint that as well.

I can see how a CF hood would be more appealing upon resale. But, overall, things like awesome, custom hoods, don't really impact resale value very much. This is my experience (not with hoods but with other cool mods). Just sayin.

Thanks for the reply, btw.
Old 11-01-2010, 07:55 PM

2010 C63, 2008 Audi TT Roadster (Sold)
Geez, you guys now have me thinking if I should get the CF hood rather than the FRP...

I don't want a "carbon fibre" look on my hood though. I don't want to detract from the classy look of the car... ie. I don't want a riced c63
Old 11-01-2010, 08:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Originally Posted by gyrex
Geez, you guys now have me thinking if I should get the CF hood rather than the FRP...

I don't want a "carbon fibre" look on my hood though. I don't want to detract from the classy look of the car... ie. I don't want a riced c63
The CF hood can be painted any color, and is always a big advantage on a Benz. Even Mercedes themselves reserved carbon fiber hoods for their highest models: SLR, SL65 Black Series, etc.... the benefits are awesome.

Again, this is just my opinion: if you're going to go with something as amazing and as exclusive as this hood, I think it's worth it to pay the few extra bucks and have it done right instead of short changing it - especially that this is something that is NOT done everyday. I wish we had this hood for the E63
Old 11-01-2010, 09:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'13 CLS63 PP
Originally Posted by hhughes1
Your car looks incredible already I can't wait to see pictures of it with this louvered hood.
Thanks man.I just need LT's and tune
Old 11-01-2010, 09:15 PM

2010 C63, 2008 Audi TT Roadster (Sold)
The CF hood can be painted any color, and is always a big advantage on a Benz. Even Mercedes themselves reserved carbon fiber hoods for their highest models: SLR, SL65 Black Series, etc.... the benefits are awesome.

Again, this is just my opinion: if you're going to go with something as amazing and as exclusive as this hood, I think it's worth it to pay the few extra bucks and have it done right instead of short changing it - especially that this is something that is NOT done everyday. I wish we had this hood for the E63
I think you've convinced me to go CF... Do most people paint CF? If you do get it painted, would it be better to paint the underside of the hood as well?

Maybe Keith could do a similar hood for the E63???

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Dads Performance offers the Louvered Hood!!