C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Anyone had any fitment problems with the GT Pro Single X Pipe?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-01-2010, 12:31 PM

Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
ED1 e63S
Anyone had any fitment problems with the GT Pro Single X Pipe?

Hey guys,

Installed the GT Pro Single X last night and I'm having some fitment issues with the drivers side arm (the arm that is clamped where the stock pipe is cut).

It looks like the piece from the weld on to the end of the driver's side arm is too short and the bend is too steep. The steep bend is causing it to impact the head shield and vibrate badly under light and especially under heavy acceleration. When the motor torques under WOT it vibrates worse as it gets pressed into the heat shield more. The steep bend also causes the pipe when fitted to come in too low, below the stock pipe. The clamp provided does a decent job in straightening everything out but the pipe is also about 1/2-3/4 of an inch too short which could leave room for an exhaust leak.

Has anyone else had any fitment problem? Bryan assured me these are built on a jig and cannot be out of spec. We are going to talk more today but the install is pretty straight forward once the stock pipe is cut. We inserted the rear section and then the passenger side. Once we did that we bolted up all 3 clamps and then installed the provided clamp on the drivers side. He seems to thing we did not install it properly but truthfully, I'm not sure how that could have happened. I'm going to get it back up on a lift here in the next week or so and try to tinker around some more.

Here's a pic.
Attached Thumbnails Anyone had any fitment problems with the GT Pro Single X Pipe?-photo.jpg  
Old 12-02-2010, 02:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 C63 AMG - Steel Grey
I got mine installed and havent had any problems with it so far. Been driving for over a month and nothing yet, not sure what to tell you??
Old 12-02-2010, 02:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Kjellster
I got mine installed and havent had any problems with it so far. Been driving for over a month and nothing yet, not sure what to tell you??
Did you buy yours from Super? If so, then it was already fitted and working fine. OB3 is having issues on a new build. Please keep us posted. Chubbs32 did have issues with their LTs due to a QC problem.

BTW-how long did it take to arrive after ordering?