Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-10-2010, 11:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63
First 50 hours in a 2011 C63 P31 - Toronto Canada

Its been an absolute joy! Its my first AMG

Shocks:
- Gas - bit of a shock moving from a C320 to this, I was getting 580km in the summer and 540 in the winter with regular gas.
- True steering in the winter - no big issues, winters on, drive with "c" engaged.

Thrills:
- The colder it gets the louder the start ups are - love it!
- This car is bloody fast! Its not prime racing weather in Canada - however, the little I have tested this car its got the beans.
- Right, the sound system is blazing - Dub-step blaring on the way down and the rumble on the way up from work. I switch everything off in the car - radio, lights and drive. I love feeing this the road, the engine and the sounds of how this machine reacts to change. Very good noise dampening
- I tend to drive slower then I used to, never too fast - always between slow and very fast.

Envy:
- Interestingly, I have numerous S4 & S5s follow me or change lanes just to be behind or on the side of the car.
- The red callipers are gorgeous. I have chaps staring at the car - it gets to a point its embarrassing.
- I had a civic (non rice/regular) try to race me the other day and a CLK 500 - I had a good laugh! Really - 481 HP vs
- My neighbour owns a S4 and this vehicle trumps it - period.
- I had a hot lady in the SLK 350 in the garage walk past me with a smirk (I have a SLK look, what do you have?) - I started the beast and her look changed. She followed me up the DVP till I broke off -

Sucks:
- Gas filter lid is weak. I went to the dealership and tested other cars - same issue - the dam cover moves vertically.

Numbers:
- Milage average 403KM / 14.1 average
- 10 car washes so far

Question:
- Did you chaps head back to the dealer to get the differential fluid change at the 3K mark - is it a massive or complex job? I was going to go to my local benz shop.
- Do you know what the cost in Canada (Toronto)
Old 12-10-2010, 12:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'14 911S (garage queen) '13 X3 (family hauler)
Originally Posted by mluis

Shocks:
- Gas - bit of a shock moving from a C320 to this, I was getting 580km in the summer and 540 in the winter with regular gas.
- True steering in the winter - no big issues, winters on, drive with "c" engaged.

Thrills:
- This car is bloody fast! Its not prime racing weather in Canada - however, the little I have tested this car its got the beans.
- Right, the sound system is blazing - Dub-step blaring on the way down and the rumble on the way up from work. I switch everything off in the car - radio, lights and drive. I love feeing this the road, the engine and the sounds of how this machine reacts to change. Very good noise dampening
- I tend to drive slower then I used to, never too fast - always between slow and very fast.

Envy:
- Interestingly, I have numerous S4 & S5s follow me or change lanes just to be behind or on the side of the car.
- The red callipers are gorgeous. I have chaps staring at the car - it gets to a point its embarrassing.
- I had a civic (non rice/regular) try to race me the other day and a CLK 500 - I had a good laugh! Really - 481 HP vs
- I had a hot lady in the SLK 350 in the garage walk past me with a smirk (I have a SLK look, what do you have?) - I started the beast and her look changed. She followed me up the DVP till I broke off -

Sucks:
- Gas filter lid is weak. I went to the dealership and tested other cars - same issue - the dam cover moves vertically.

Numbers:
- 10 car washes so far

Question:
- Did you chaps head back to the dealer to get the differential fluid change at the 3K mark - is it a massive or complex job? I was going to go to my local benz shop.
congrats and welcome my fellow P31 fan!
be careful driving this beast in the snow and ice--you're braver than I am, I must admit!
people do notice the red calipers for sure.

in regards to the LSD, this is only necessary on true LSD cars (can't remember in Canada if it's incl in P31--it's not here).
If your car has a true LSD you should defintely change the fluid, just make sure they use a new plug and the correct fluid--do a search on the forum.
my car is sleeping for the winter and will have this service done inthe spring along with an early oil change--I already told my dealer to order new plugs and I will double check the correct diff fluid too.
I will ask to see the reciept and the parts before they do the work--I don't trust their word, they're car dealers after all
Dealers have been known to reuse the old plugs and then they can leak fluid and BOOM there goes you LSD--also read about the dealer using the wrong diff fluid.
my dealer tried to tell me they can clean the old plug and use locktite and it will be fine--for like acouple bucks for the new part I laughed and said no thank you--c'mon guys I'm willing to pay extra
needless to say, I will be checking all of the parts and I will ask for the old plug too--I'm just that kind of a guy!
Sorry but I paid with my hard earned $ for this car and I want it done right--that's how I am with my customers and my business and I expect the same!

Anyway, that's my .02, be careful out there, enjoy

Last edited by black-clk500; 12-10-2010 at 01:04 PM.
Old 12-10-2010, 01:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
2014 E63S Wagon
did you take your car out during the snow storm we had? Any drives when the snow/ice was fresh on the ground?
Old 12-10-2010, 02:05 PM

2010 C63 AMG
In Toronto also, we shud definitely try and find some more people out here an get a meet going, seems like theres pleanty of us on the forum. Congrats on the beast, I go mine in July and put her to bed in September (i know it was early, but I was out of the country for extended periods of time after that). I would invest in a beater if I were you just because the servicing your going to put into the ride by running it through winters will offset a half decent beater anyway, but its definately a tough ride to have tuck away for the winters.
Old 12-10-2010, 04:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
2007 E63 w/P30 and Eurotech CF Diffuser
You can likely get the LSD Gear Lub cheaper from a BMW dealer (your only other source in NA).

It should be listed by name in your "Approved Service Products" booklet.
Castrol SAF-XJ 75W-140.

https://mbworld.org/forums/attachmen...strolsafxj.pdf
Old 12-10-2010, 04:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
PLAID
Originally Posted by black-clk500
congrats and welcome my fellow P31 fan!
be careful driving this beast in the snow and ice--you're braver than I am, I must admit!
people do notice the red calipers for sure.

in regards to the LSD, this is only necessary on true LSD cars (can't remember in Canada if it's incl in P31--it's not here).
If your car has a true LSD you should defintely change the fluid, just make sure they use a new plug and the correct fluid--do a search on the forum.
my car is sleeping for the winter and will have this service done inthe spring along with an early oil change--I already told my dealer to order new plugs and I will double check the correct diff fluid too.
I will ask to see the reciept and the parts before they do the work--I don't trust their word, they're car dealers after all
Dealers have been known to reuse the old plugs and then they can leak fluid and BOOM there goes you LSD--also read about the dealer using the wrong diff fluid.
my dealer tried to tell me they can clean the old plug and use locktite and it will be fine--for like acouple bucks for the new part I laughed and said no thank you--c'mon guys I'm willing to pay extra
needless to say, I will be checking all of the parts and I will ask for the old plug too--I'm just that kind of a guy!
Sorry but I paid with my hard earned $ for this car and I want it done right--that's how I am with my customers and my business and I expect the same!

Anyway, that's my .02, be careful out there, enjoy
I believe in all of the North American markets, the LSD is an option to the P31 and is NOT included in the P31.
Old 12-10-2010, 04:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I checked MB Canada and it looks like it's (LSD) incl w/ p31
second line down in the description:

http://www.mercedes-benz.ca/content/...LKqw:15hadqoa4

So OP yes you should do this service!
Old 12-10-2010, 05:22 PM

2015 Porsche C2S, 2014 ML63 AMG, & 2012 Maserati Quattroporte S

Shocks:

Thrills:

Envy:

Sucks:

Numbers:
- 10 car washes so far

Question:
I live in Toronto too. I don't have P31 on my car but I wanna do some runs. There's a member on here who owns a Jeep SRT and tuned wants to do some friendly runs once I get back from Cuba on Jan. 4th. That member lives near where I live - he's in Sheppard and Yonge, I'm at Bridle Path. If your down let me know so we can set it up then have a drink to talk about cars. Later, have a great holiday.
Old 12-10-2010, 11:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts
2010 C63 AMG, 2009 ISF , 2002 L-Tuned IS300, 2011 ML350
Congrats on your car mluis... drive safe this winter with it!!
Old 12-13-2010, 03:25 PM

C63
Originally Posted by rjeezy
In Toronto also, we shud definitely try and find some more people out here an get a meet going, seems like theres pleanty of us on the forum. Congrats on the beast, I go mine in July and put her to bed in September (i know it was early, but I was out of the country for extended periods of time after that). I would invest in a beater if I were you just because the servicing your going to put into the ride by running it through winters will offset a half decent beater anyway, but its definately a tough ride to have tuck away for the winters.
Excellent Plan - I am going to start a tread and setup something for the new year; I do have a beater (C240) - But, I love driving the C63. The other aspect is that winter is a 5 month ordeal at the least and I spend close to 3 hours on the road very day -

So doing the Math - 150 days of winter x 3 hours per day = 450 hrs is the approximation of time spent the car (thats a lot and times that over a period of 8 years (amount of years I keep a car for) = 3600 hrs; Therefore, I think its important to drive the best as its a lot of hours to be in a beater!
Old 12-13-2010, 03:25 PM

C63
Originally Posted by Roswell
Congrats on your car mluis... drive safe this winter with it!!
Cheers Mate
Old 12-13-2010, 03:27 PM

C63
Originally Posted by Swiftler
I live in Toronto too. I don't have P31 on my car but I wanna do some runs. There's a member on here who owns a Jeep SRT and tuned wants to do some friendly runs once I get back from Cuba on Jan. 4th. That member lives near where I live - he's in Sheppard and Yonge, I'm at Bridle Path. If your down let me know so we can set it up then have a drink to talk about cars. Later, have a great holiday.
Excellent - lets do it! I am headed to Cuba in Feb also! let me know when I will be there - bring the Beasts along - Lets set something up with a few other members in Toronto - I am North of Markham
Old 12-13-2010, 03:29 PM

C63
Originally Posted by Newzchspy
I believe in all of the North American markets, the LSD is an option to the P31 and is NOT included in the P31.
The LSD is no longer an option - You cannot buy it! the P31 does not include it
Old 12-13-2010, 04:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 430 Likes on 353 Posts
2012 C63;1971 280SE 3.5(Sold);2023 EQS 450 SUV 4 Matic (Wife's)
According to the Mercedes-Benz Canada web site the C 63 (2011) AMG Performance Package Plus $7800 Cdn includes - Limited-slip rear differential. This is the Canadian version of the P31 Package and the LSD is included. Just looked.

Last edited by Mort; 12-13-2010 at 04:27 PM.
Old 12-13-2010, 06:58 PM

yes For canada 2011 AMG performance package plus for C63 is included LSD.
Old 12-13-2010, 07:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

As I posted eight posts earlier, Canada MB lists the LSD as included with the P31 pkg in Canada--it's a standalone option in the US, I know because I paid an extra $2100 for it
Old 12-13-2010, 11:55 PM

Excellent - lets do it! I am headed to Cuba in Feb also! let me know when I will be there - bring the Beasts along - Lets set something up with a few other members in Toronto - I am North of Markham
Great!!! I also know one other member on this forum who also owns a C63, I'll ask him if we wants to come along. I'll let you know and set up a time once I get back from Cuba, Jan 4th 2011.

Originally Posted by rjeezy
rjeezy, so you put her to bed in September? Maybe we can do some scenic drive with our cars in summer with the guys. Just gotta see how is the meet with mluis and couple of other guys.
Old 12-15-2010, 01:35 PM

C63
Originally Posted by black-clk500
As I posted eight posts earlier, Canada MB lists the LSD as included with the P31 pkg in Canada--it's a standalone option in the US, I know because I paid an extra $2100 for it

I have called MB HQ and LSD is not offered any more - its incorrectly stated on the website for 2010 - You cannot pay for it or else I would have got it
Old 12-15-2010, 02:04 PM

'11 C63; Performance Plus, Premium, CF Trim
I have called MB HQ and LSD is not offered any more - its incorrectly stated on the website for 2010 - You cannot pay for it or else I would have got it

Except in Canada, same with folding mirrors.
Old 12-15-2010, 02:25 PM

2010 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Swiftler
rjeezy, so you put her to bed in September? Maybe we can do some scenic drive with our cars in summer with the guys. Just gotta see how is the meet with mluis and couple of other guys.
Yah man, I have a nice heated parking garage where I work and own a space at so I keep her tucked away there. Wont lie I do from time to time ride the elevator down to see how shes doing (I miss her, lol!) I wish I could get together with you guys now but definitely let me know how the meet goes, I have a few friends who live out by Yonge & Sheppard, also a buddy who actually lives on bridle path, so anytime after April count me in and keep me posted. Have safe trips out to Cuba, had an INCREDIBLE time out there last year. Be careful in Havanah (an absolute MUST if your going out there with your buddies) and Varadero has an amazing club scene so its most definately good times. Enjoy!
Old 12-15-2010, 03:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
PLAID
Originally Posted by Mort
According to the Mercedes-Benz Canada web site the C 63 (2011) AMG Performance Package Plus $7800 Cdn includes - Limited-slip rear differential. This is the Canadian version of the P31 Package and the LSD is included. Just looked.

For 2011 now, is the LSD even an option at all, with or without the P31?? The P31 is still listed on the build sheet but there is NO mention of LSD??

Very odd to offer NO LSD BUT still offer the P31???

Last edited by Newzchspy; 12-15-2010 at 03:28 PM.
Old 12-15-2010, 03:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts
CLS63 PP
Congrats and Welcome. We should do a Toronto MB meet in January. Check out www.puremb.com. Local toronto site that plans some meets.
Old 12-15-2010, 07:46 PM

'11 C63; Performance Plus, Premium, CF Trim
For 2011 now, is the LSD even an option at all, with or without the P31?? The P31 is still listed on the build sheet but there is NO mention of LSD??

In Canada, the LSD is included in the Performance Package Plus, for $7800, according to the website.
Old 12-15-2010, 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by KLR CLS
Congrats and Welcome. We should do a Toronto MB meet in January. Check out www.puremb.com. Local toronto site that plans some meets.
I haven't met any guys on that site. Although there were some heated discussion about an ex MBWorld member who crashed a C63 AMG car in cold weather and got toasted on this site, he left and went 100% solely to puremb. I think his name was Patrick or something. https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...azy-night.html
Old 12-17-2010, 10:55 AM

C63
Lightbulb

My apologies - I just called MB Canada (HQ) and 2011 cars come with LSD (option code 471 - P31), however - 2010 were given an option to buy it