C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Evosport (rant)

Old 12-14-2010, 05:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 E63 PP, 2012 Ferrari 458, 2012 Boxster S
Exclamation Evosport (rant)

I understand that many members here know and respect Evosport, including the people behind, which is why I did not hesitate for a second when I placed my international order for a Power Pulley.

My email request was sent on October 12th and on the very same day I receive an email from Brad including detailed information about the product, price and shipping costs. Impressive.

PDF Sales order arrives on October 13th and on the 14th I complete the international wire and I forward a copy of the SWIFT transfer. Brad writes back that he has received a shipping timeline of 6-10 days to my destination in Europe.

This is when an initial positive experience turns sour.

October 19th I forward a kind email to Brad asking him to confirm the shipment and tracking number.

October 21st I re send my email due to no reply. Brad responds that he has been off sick and that inventory of the Power Pulley has unfortunately been cleared out. I find this a bit strange since stock was confirmed on October 13th but I understand that large order fluctuations happen.

October 22nd I cancel my workshop reservation for the installation due to the delay and ask Brad to confirm an exact shipping date. At the same time I suggest that we simply cancel the order if the out of stock situation will be prolonged.

November 2nd. Stil no word from Brad / Evosport on my email from 22nd. I express my disappointment in yet another email.

November 9th and still no word. I send yet another reminder and request to simply cancel this order and save us all the frustration. I copy both Sales and Support @ Evosport. Brad responds to this email quoting business challenges and family illness. He promises to get my order out ASAP but does not include any confirmed date.

November 10th I send Brad an email and expresses my sympathy for his business and family challenges. At the same time I request a fixed confirmed shipping date. If unable to provide one then I yet again request a simple refund.

November 19th. Another 9 days has passed with zero communication. I believe I have been understanding towards business/private challenges within Evosport thus far and so my frustration grows. I request an immediate refund. Brad responds and explains that they have had some QC issues with their shipment. He refers to an email send Monday earlier this week and suggest that it has ended up in my spam filter. No such email found.

Brad sends another email confirming that the Pulley will be ready to ship directly after the Thanksgiving holiday and asks if I am still interested. Since the refund has not yet happened despite many requests I respond that I am willing to give the cooperation one final chance. I once again request a confirmed shipping day.

December 3rd I re send my request for a confirmed shipping date. Zero response.

December 13th, a full 2 months after the initial order confirmation and wire transfer, I send yet another email asking for an immediate return of my wire transfer. Zero response.

I consider myself a reasonable individual. I run my own business and understands that challenges arise and you are at times unable to fulfill customer orders. Fair enough. What goes against my ethics and what I find completely un acceptable is the running-in-circles correspondence, excuse upon excuse without being solution orientated and worst of all the complete lack of communication.

Someone please tell me I have this all wrong and that Evosport is a serious business with solid people behind it. I sure as hell have lost all faith in them.

Sorry for venting. Brad wrote me on occasion that it would serve no purpose but I beg to differ. The very least I can do is warn other enthusiast of committing the same mistake I did.

Ken
Old 12-14-2010, 05:16 PM
Banned

Received 72 Likes on 62 Posts
Speedriven
I've never had anything but positive dealings with Evosport, even back when I was at RENNtech. I can't speak for them, but maybe it's as simple as Brad isn't receiving your messages or something? I'm sure that's the case and - now that the matter is public - they'll be alerted to the issue and respond quickly.

Good luck.
Old 12-14-2010, 05:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

08 S65, 06 M3 CS(stick), 02 BMW X5 4.6iS, 07 R1 Raven, 08 F-450 4x4, 08 CooperS JCW
Very well written and reasonable post, Ken.

I've heard good and bad about them so hopefully Brad @ Evosport is able to resolve this situation for you...

Last edited by transferred; 12-14-2010 at 05:40 PM.
Old 12-14-2010, 05:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 381 Likes on 237 Posts
2010 Irridium Silver MB C63 AMG Sedan
KEMA, you handled it perfectly. I cannot and will not TOLERATE delay or lack of communication. IT INDICATES RUNNING AND HIDING. If I can't get to a client, I will have my 7 other employees get to them ASAP. There is no excuse.

He runs a business. His family issues have nothing to do with him conducting business with you. Although patience is expected and sympathy is understandable, you gave him plenty of time to respond.

TO NOT RESPOND IN A 9 DAY WINDOW IS NOT PROFESSIONAL.

Good luck as I hope this opens up a can of worms and causes him to finally respond.
Old 12-14-2010, 05:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2013 f250 6.7 diesel
I to ave very similar time line of events with evosport of recent.. I ordered rotors paid in full mid October and have gotten complete runaround about them.. I have not asked for refund but, I've only received front rotors about 2 weeks ago and no rears., I get complete run around and of recent no reply to my pm's $2,000 for rotors and no rotors??? I've been patient with them but it's about time we get answers in the e55 forum there was a similar post about rotors! Idk just seems like terrible business.. Most suppliers charge when they ship? But evosport charged in full and have not come through what gives.. Let's get some real answers..

EVOSPORT what's the deal!!! Weres are <deleted>!!!
Why the excuses!!!! This is not good business practice!!

Originally Posted by KEMA
I understand that many members here know and respect Evosport, including the people behind, which is why I did not hesitate for a second when I placed my international order for a Power Pulley.

My email request was sent on October 12th and on the very same day I receive an email from Brad including detailed information about the product, price and shipping costs. Impressive.

PDF Sales order arrives on October 13th and on the 14th I complete the international wire and I forward a copy of the SWIFT transfer. Brad writes back that he has received a shipping timeline of 6-10 days to my destination in Europe.

This is when an initial positive experience turns sour.

October 19th I forward a kind email to Brad asking him to confirm the shipment and tracking number.

October 21st I re send my email due to no reply. Brad responds that he has been off sick and that inventory of the Power Pulley has unfortunately been cleared out. I find this a bit strange since stock was confirmed on October 13th but I understand that large order fluctuations happen.

October 22nd I cancel my workshop reservation for the installation due to the delay and ask Brad to confirm an exact shipping date. At the same time I suggest that we simply cancel the order if the out of stock situation will be prolonged.

November 2nd. Stil no word from Brad / Evosport on my email from 22nd. I express my disappointment in yet another email.

November 9th and still no word. I send yet another reminder and request to simply cancel this order and save us all the frustration. I copy both Sales and Support @ Evosport. Brad responds to this email quoting business challenges and family illness. He promises to get my order out ASAP but does not include any confirmed date.

November 10th I send Brad an email and expresses my sympathy for his business and family challenges. At the same time I request a fixed confirmed shipping date. If unable to provide one then I yet again request a simple refund.

November 19th. Another 9 days has passed with zero communication. I believe I have been understanding towards business/private challenges within Evosport thus far and so my frustration grows. I request an immediate refund. Brad responds and explains that they have had some QC issues with their shipment. He refers to an email send Monday earlier this week and suggest that it has ended up in my spam filter. No such email found.

Brad sends another email confirming that the Pulley will be ready to ship directly after the Thanksgiving holiday and asks if I am still interested. Since the refund has not yet happened despite many requests I respond that I am willing to give the cooperation one final chance. I once again request a confirmed shipping day.

December 3rd I re send my request for a confirmed shipping date. Zero response.

December 13th, a full 2 months after the initial order confirmation and wire transfer, I send yet another email asking for an immediate return of my wire transfer. Zero response.

I consider myself a reasonable individual. I run my own business and understands that challenges arise and you are at times unable to fulfill customer orders. Fair enough. What goes against my ethics and what I find completely un acceptable is the running-in-circles correspondence, excuse upon excuse without being solution orientated and worst of all the complete lack of communication.

Someone please tell me I have this all wrong and that Evosport is a serious business with solid people behind it. I sure as hell have lost all faith in them.

Sorry for venting. Brad wrote me on occasion that it would serve no purpose but I beg to differ. The very least I can do is warn other enthusiast of committing the same mistake I did.

Ken
Old 12-14-2010, 05:38 PM

Received 23 Likes on 12 Posts
2015 Chevy Suburban, 2017 GLS450 4MATIC, 1993 Chevy Corvette
Hope everything works out for you. Thanks for the information. Will not be ordering anything from Evosport until I hear this has been resolved.
Old 12-14-2010, 06:01 PM
PREMIER SPONSOR

None fast enough!
Kenneth,

I received your email yesterday and have not responded yet as I was out on personal business.

I understand your frustration. Sadly, as I explained, we are in a very bad situation with back-orders currently.

I have no problem processing a refund as I stated in the many emails I have sent back to you.

What has occurred to you is not normal practice but has happened a handful of times in the last 3-6 months, for many reasons. Some in our control and some outside our control.

Regardless, we can and normally do a better job of communicating these issues. I will take the personal blame for not being communicative enough with you on your order.

Again, I understand your frustration and am not going to counter each and everyone of your points. I think that what you wrote is not totally factual and is an over exaggeration and emotional reply, but I understand where it comes from.

For the record I also offered you additional discounts and some no cost items as a good will gesture and you declined.

Thanks
Brad
Old 12-14-2010, 06:04 PM

C63 & Mustang Mach1(s)
Any one here see patterns developing here with supposed MBWorld sponsers? I think MBWorld management needs to start taking a hard look at the dealings these "businesses" have with members. This website is an international resource and it really makes dealings for out out-of-conutry owners a bigger challange than US owners. EBay and PayPal would never put up with type of behavior.
Old 12-14-2010, 06:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 f250 6.7 diesel
I've said it before the rotors are awsome.. I'm not flaming just gets extremely annoying!! I had 4 track events I wanted this product for.. I guess time will tell..
Old 12-14-2010, 06:29 PM

2010 C63, 2008 Audi TT Roadster (Sold)
Originally Posted by brad @ evosport
Kenneth,

What has occurred to you is not normal practice but has happened a handful of times in the last 3-6 months, for many reasons. Some in our control and some outside our control.

Regardless, we can and normally do a better job of communicating these issues. I will take the personal blame for not being communicative enough with you on your order.

Again, I understand your frustration and am not going to counter each and everyone of your points. I think that what you wrote is not totally factual and is an over exaggeration and emotional reply, but I understand where it comes from.

Brad,

I don't know you and I'm certainly not privvy to the details surrounding this transaction but reading the OP, I completely disagree with you. His post seems anything but emotional and whether you have issues with supply or any other issues, communication is key and an email doesn't cost much...

Poor form from where I sit.
Old 12-14-2010, 06:47 PM

'10 c63,'03expedition,ducati999,22'Donzi
never charge a costumer for items that have not shipped.that is bad business,PERIOD!!!!!!!! i too was looking to do the power pulley after the holidays,and the rotors when the time comes. now this has raised a red flag.too bad
Old 12-14-2010, 06:51 PM
Banned

Speedriven
Originally Posted by FastDonzi
never charge a costumer for items that have not shipped.that is bad business,PERIOD!!!!!!!! i too was looking to do the power pulley after the holidays,and the rotors when the time comes. now this has raised a red flag.too bad
Over the last 13 years, I've worked for a dealership, Mosler, RENNtech, Dinan, Switzer, and now I'm here at Speedriven with Marcin. 1 thing all of those shops had in common: unless you had standing credit/terms, you had to pay for your order before it shipped (and that payment had to clear, in some cases).

I don't think expecting a vendor to ship an order before a client pays is reasonable, so I think I must have mis-read your comment somehow, since - surely - that's not what you expect from a vendor, is it?
Old 12-14-2010, 06:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 f250 6.7 diesel
Originally Posted by Speedriven
Over the last 13 years, I've worked for a dealership, Mosler, RENNtech, Dinan, Switzer, and now I'm here at Speedriven with Marcin. 1 thing all of those shops had in common: unless you had standing credit/terms, you had to pay for your order before it shipped (and that payment had to clear, in some cases).

I don't think expecting a vendor to ship an order before a client pays is reasonable, so I think I must have mis-read your comment somehow, since - surely - that's not what you expect from a vendor, is it?
What.. Maybe for checks but creditcards not!
Old 12-14-2010, 06:58 PM
Banned

Speedriven
Originally Posted by dodger63
What.. Maybe for checks but creditcards not!
I've always had to run the credit card first, of course! What if the transaction is declined? Should the vendor be expected to send out a product without knowing if the funds are there or not?
Old 12-14-2010, 07:02 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
a C32 AMG & S-Works Tarmac
Originally Posted by Vegas_AMG
Any one here see patterns developing here with supposed MBWorld sponsers? I think MBWorld management needs to start taking a hard look at the dealings these "businesses" have with members. This website is an international resource and it really makes dealings for out out-of-conutry owners a bigger challange than US owners. EBay and PayPal would never put up with type of behavior.
First, let me say I have not horse in this race. With that said, I think many of you post with a certain degree of ignorance. You don't understand that, without Brad and his hard work, there would be NO MBWorld.org. I see Brad's efforts (in the background) and know that he works harder than any sponsor here, to make sure that MBW is a safe, informative and fun place to come to learn about, discuss and purchase stuff for our MB's. The (relatively new) owners of MBW place a lot of stock in his reputation and skills too.

Cut him some slack. Really, how many legitimate claims against Evosport have you really heard of?

Personally, I trust the man that has been part of MBWorld.org since day one (and still has a stellar reputation), has always been level-headed and straightforward vs. someone I've had zero interactions with. Just my $.02.
Old 12-14-2010, 07:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C63
Thats weird. Ive never had any problems with Evosport. When I purchased my Vorstiener spoiler through them they were very helpful.
Old 12-14-2010, 07:10 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2019 s560 sedan
Great products but everything ordered took some time to ship as well .

pulley took a while and the rotors were quicker , either way they are on and i am happy

Better late than never .

Maybe they make to order ????? its not like there is a line for these products .
Old 12-14-2010, 07:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 A8L, 2002 996TT X50, 2009 X5
Originally Posted by Speedriven

I think you misread his comment. He didn't suggest that a product should ship before a client pays. He said a vendor shouldn't charge a client until the product is shipped. Big difference.

FWIW, I agree with him - if a product is backordered, a vendor shouldn't bill the client until the parts come in, they're QC'd and confirmed accurate, acceptable and fitting for order fulfillment and shipment. The vendor should process the transaction and charge the client only when shipment of the ordered item(s) occurs.

I'll give you an example - I ordered a product from a small midwestern company recently. It wasn't an item that they regularly keep in stock, so it was going to be a 2-4 week wait after I placed my order (online, through their website) for it to be produced. The company didn't bill a cent, even though the order was successfully submitted and "in process."

A few emails back and forth during that period, and very prompt replies from the company's personnel; same day or next day. The product shipped last Friday - I was given tracking information Friday afternoon, and noticed that on the same day my CC was billed by the company for the full amount.

Holding a client's money for months, with no product and no transaction reversal, is most definitely not "best practices" in any industry, and is decidedly consumer-unfriendly. IMHO.
Old 12-14-2010, 07:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 381 Likes on 237 Posts
2010 Irridium Silver MB C63 AMG Sedan
Originally Posted by ScottW911
First, let me say I have not horse in this race. With that said, I think many of you post with a certain degree of ignorance. You don't understand that, without Brad and his hard work, there would be NO MBWorld.org. I see Brad's efforts (in the background) and know that he works harder than any sponsor here, to make sure that MBW is a safe, informative and fun place to come to learn about, discuss and purchase stuff for our MB's. The (relatively new) owners of MBW place a lot of stock in his reputation and skills too.

Cut him some slack. Really, how many legitimate claims against Evosport have you really heard of?

Personally, I trust the man that has been part of MBWorld.org since day one (and still has a stellar reputation), has always been level-headed and straightforward vs. someone I've had zero interactions with. Just my $.02.
Cut him some slack? Ok sure. But he is not doing cardiothoracic surgery here. A client ordered a part, sent money, and there is a lack of product and any communication. Simple enough? Hell I'm no genious, but I think it's simple enough.

Granted MBworld is fun and an educational forum, but expect vendors to get called out when they don't stand up to the fluff that this website has puffed them up to be and supported them to be based on $$$.
Old 12-14-2010, 08:06 PM
PREMIER SPONSOR

None fast enough!
Originally Posted by gyrex
Brad,

I don't know you and I'm certainly not privvy to the details surrounding this transaction but reading the OP, I completely disagree with you. His post seems anything but emotional and whether you have issues with supply or any other issues, communication is key and an email doesn't cost much...

Poor form from where I sit.
Gyrex,

If you re-read my post you will see that I acknowledged that I could and should have communicated better. I don't agree with all of the "facts" in his post, but arguing them serves no purpose.

It is our fault that things were not communicated better, in fact, it is MY fault.

to that point, FYI, we have hired two customer service reps/sales reps that are VERY organized and detailed to attempt to alleviate these issues in the future.

Thanks
Brad
Old 12-14-2010, 08:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 61 Likes on 52 Posts
Steel Grey Metallic C63!!
Originally Posted by c32AMG-DTM
I think you misread his comment. He didn't suggest that a product should ship before a client pays. He said a vendor shouldn't charge a client until the product is shipped. Big difference.

FWIW, I agree with him - if a product is backordered, a vendor shouldn't bill the client until the parts come in, they're QC'd and confirmed accurate, acceptable and fitting for order fulfillment and shipment. The vendor should process the transaction and charge the client only when shipment of the ordered item(s) occurs.

I'll give you an example - I ordered a product from a small midwestern company recently. It wasn't an item that they regularly keep in stock, so it was going to be a 2-4 week wait after I placed my order (online, through their website) for it to be produced. The company didn't bill a cent, even though the order was successfully submitted and "in process."

A few emails back and forth during that period, and very prompt replies from the company's personnel; same day or next day. The product shipped last Friday - I was given tracking information Friday afternoon, and noticed that on the same day my CC was billed by the company for the full amount.

Holding a client's money for months, with no product and no transaction reversal, is most definitely not "best practices" in any industry, and is decidedly consumer-unfriendly. IMHO.

+1 Very well said! You saved me quite a bit of typing an example!
Old 12-14-2010, 08:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
MBUSA
looks like a pattern of unprofessionalism and many excuses. whether they are true or not who really cares....2 months to get a tracking # or refund and you still throw in the statement "i don't agree with all the "" facts but arguing serves no purpose."
Classy move, sir.

edit: i saw wire transfer, but pay with CC next time and stop transaction...?

https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/...ng-rotors.html

Last edited by GHAZAN; 12-14-2010 at 08:27 PM.
Old 12-14-2010, 08:23 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
13 Lamborghini SL, 09 C63, Vipers (sold)
Two months is way too long to "miscommunicate" in my opinion.....
Old 12-14-2010, 08:27 PM

2009 C63
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't evosport and mbworld the same?
Thought it was owned by evosport at one time and then sold to IB and Evosport remained the moderator.
Old 12-14-2010, 08:41 PM
PREMIER SPONSOR

None fast enough!
Originally Posted by c32AMG-DTM
To clarify, international orders are only by wire. The item was in stock when I sent the wire information, it was gone by the time the wire came in (many days later). We had no reason at that point to expect any prolonged delay. Sadly, this situation spun out of control.

Again, I have admitted the fault. Nothing more can be said or done at this point. I am sorry if that is not sufficient for many people. You can assume that the time line he gave is 100% factual or not, it does not serve the purpose. The reality is that we did not perform to the expectations and level that we should have.

Originally Posted by Raleighc63
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't evosport and mbworld the same?
Thought it was owned by evosport at one time and then sold to IB and Evosport remained the moderator.
No it's not the same. If it were the same and we controlled this site, why would threads like this exist/last? I know that you know this and you are just stirring the pot, which is sad. It is like jumping in the middle of a bad situation and making it worse intentionally. That sir is not well received by anyone.

thanks
brad

Last edited by brad @ evosport; 12-14-2010 at 08:46 PM.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Evosport (rant)