Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-17-2010, 05:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2009 C63, 2007 GL 450
Time to say goodbye to MBW

Guys of C63 forum,

After reading some of the recent threads, more specifically the whole thread about Jeremy/OE tuning and Powerchip dynamic, I have lost all respect for the way this forum is run. I am absolutely astonished that the mods would allow ANYONE to post the types of content that PC posted about Jeremy and yet will ban simple users for pushing back. It is clear to me that the purpose here is not for open dialogue amongst people with common interests, but a pure selling/marketing program for sponsors who are not held to the same standards as simple members. Personally I don't know Jeremy, don't know his past, do not use his products or have any connections with him at all, nor do I care. Same is true of Powerchip. But to allow PC to post links to what is clearly personal information and make treats of deportation is way beyond acceptable. I won't comment on PC, their behaviour/product as enough has been posted here and in other forums about this subject. But to allow this sort of thing on the forums makes me sick.

Anyway, I want to say thanks for all the members whom I have interacted with over my time here and for those who have helped me out along the way. I hope that I have shown my gratitude by assisting others in getting parts from Europe, little give-aways and providing what advise/information I might have. It is a shame as this forum is by far one of the most useful sources of content on MB, but the agendas are too clear to be productive anymore. I might pop in once and while to say hi, but for now I am signing off from MBW. Just to close out one last item - the members who I did the CF interior trim set GB for - you all have my personal email address and this GB should be done next week.

See ya guys and best of luck in the future and keep AMG family strong!

Dave
Old 12-17-2010, 06:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W164 ML500,SMART For two,1994 C280(5speed manual) 1999 C230k station wagon
I do agree with what you have said and this was not the first time. It would be nice that you stay on board with us on a regular basis as I feel that you are a very important member here.

Regards, Dave.
Old 12-17-2010, 07:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63 AMG
have been to the forum for couple of months, seems lots of things happened.

i think anything happened in the forum should stay in the forum. although i have not read the whole story, but anyhow, this is the basic.

Dave, nice to meet you in the forum, and this forum did bring a few friends to my life, and you are one of them.

cheers mate, and wish everyone a happy christmas.
Old 12-17-2010, 07:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 S55 (SOLD, miss it every day), 2009 GL550
Originally Posted by harrower
It is clear to me that the purpose here is not for open dialogue amongst people with common interests, but a pure selling/marketing program for sponsors who are not held to the same standards as simple members.
duh? took you a whole year to figure that out?

you should have a look at other motoring forums (specifically the one for Audi). Or the ultra popular web site for great (slick) deals. Or, well, you get the idea. They all exist to make money. If the users get anything out of it, it's almost an accident, a by-product.

Geez, you could almost make the same argument about "Government", except that power is in the mix along with money.

adios, amigo.
Old 12-17-2010, 09:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 167 Likes on 133 Posts
2021 Porsche TTS
Dave,
I did not buy any products from you but I have been here for a while and all your emails have been nothing short of right on and an image of a gentleman.
The forum will lose a lot but I guess we cannot change your mind.
If you do not mind to pm me your email address as I was on the fence about a few items.
I will miss you and I am sure others will too.
Best of luck to you.
Old 12-17-2010, 09:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts
2010 C63 AMG, 2009 ISF , 2002 L-Tuned IS300, 2011 ML350
Dave, your help will be missed here!! I'll sure say Hello once a while on your fb or e-mail... and dont forget to let me know when you come my side of the hood.

As for your reason of leaving, I understand your position as I feel the same way. Lately, I see few sponsors lacking with customer service, and as soon as the customers/members bring it up, they get warned or banned. Unprofessional.
Old 12-17-2010, 09:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
See Sig
Guys of C63 forum,

After reading some of the recent threads, more specifically the whole thread about Jeremy/OE tuning and Powerchip dynamic, I have lost all respect for the way this forum is run. I am absolutely astonished that the mods would allow ANYONE to post the types of content that PC posted about Jeremy and yet will ban simple users for pushing back. It is clear to me that the purpose here is not for open dialogue amongst people with common interests, but a pure selling/marketing program for sponsors who are not held to the same standards as simple members. Personally I don't know Jeremy, don't know his past, do not use his products or have any connections with him at all, nor do I care. Same is true of Powerchip. But to allow PC to post links to what is clearly personal information and make treats of deportation is way beyond acceptable. I won't comment on PC, their behaviour/product as enough has been posted here and in other forums about this subject. But to allow this sort of thing on the forums makes me sick.

Anyway, I want to say thanks for all the members whom I have interacted with over my time here and for those who have helped me out along the way. I hope that I have shown my gratitude by assisting others in getting parts from Europe, little give-aways and providing what advise/information I might have. It is a shame as this forum is by far one of the most useful sources of content on MB, but the agendas are too clear to be productive anymore. I might pop in once and while to say hi, but for now I am signing off from MBW. Just to close out one last item - the members who I did the CF interior trim set GB for - you all have my personal email address and this GB should be done next week.

Dave
+1 Money talks...

Bashing a sponsor is not allowed on this forum. A sponsor bashing someone else is apparently ok. The fact the MHP got thrown off this forum yet PC is still a member is astounding. I don't know the details of the MHP drama, nor do I really care, but I cant imagine how it could have been worse or more unprofessional than that of PC's latest performance.

The past 2 week on this forum have been pathetic. You can see from my post history ive just been avoiding this place. Between the Evo Rant, The PC vs me.. The OE tune thread.. The Albert problem.. this place went downhill fast.

Ive lost respect for many. I'm sure for many potential buyer of products, like me, have lost trust in almost every sponsor. It nothing personal, but damn there is a lot of shady backhanded crap going on around here that I had no idea about.

I enjoy the banter of MBworld and the info I get from here. I'm not going anywhere, but I think Harrower being vocal about leaving means 100 others have left in silence.

I would rather a 20 page thread of how Jcart has more money than god and how he will race anyone on this forum for 10K over what has gone on around here over the past 2 weeks.

Sorry to see you go Harrower. Stay in touch.

Last edited by propain; 12-17-2010 at 09:41 AM.
Old 12-17-2010, 09:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Dave, sorry to hear that you are leaving. I agree that what has transpired recently with PC is unacceptable and based on the practices of that individual would sway me from any future product PC might sell (I hope I don't get a Cease and Desist order for saying this). You have been a true asset to this forum and all of the selfishless things you have done. Glad I still have your email info and we can KIT. Look me up when you are here in Vegas.
Old 12-17-2010, 09:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
2002 C32 AMG, 2013 GLK 350/4, 2015 E63S AMG Wagon
For the benefit of the community, you should reconsider and stay. It would be of greater value if you continue to provide your prospective on C63s and any other Mercedes cars that you may own in the future. At the same time it will give you an opportunity to express your opinion and if you get banned, at least you spoke your mind about a real issue. At the end of the day if we don't recommend offending vendors, they will just leave after the sponsorship agreement expires (I hope). There is enough good vendors with good products that do see value in being a sponsor. They will continue to support (pay for) this forum.
Old 12-17-2010, 10:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
2014 Audi RS7
Guys of C63 forum,

Dave
+1
Dave,
We will stay in touch but I couldn't agree with you more. I am shocked at what has been said and done on here recently and because of that I have been looking for alternatives. I am here periodically but not like I used to be. Most people here have my personal e-mail and can contact me at any time for advice or help with racing. I will continue to carry through with the new hood design and provide them professionally. There are other alternatives that offer the same commentaries and help that won't allow this or at least not allow it to go ignored. Its too bad because MBW is where I got all my original information to start and stayed in for a long time. Good luck to everyone.
Old 12-17-2010, 10:33 AM
MG
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 37 Likes on 27 Posts
1998 E430; 2007 Porsche 911 C4S Cabriolet; 2011 Expedition EL Limited; 2014 E350 Estate
Members,

First, understand that there are limited numbers of mods to review all of the threads that are posted here daily. We depend on you, the membership, to report to us the posts that violate the TOU whether they are sponsors or members.

Secondly, there is not a double standard, Sponsors and Members are required to follow all TOU guidelines.

Thirdly, Several sponsor accounts are shared accounts with multiple users in the company office using a single screen name. Dealing with TOU transgressions often involve dealing with the manager of the company and allowing him to deal with his employees. This is done behind the scenes and is not always immediately apparent to the general membership.

You will have to take my word for this, yesterday's issues are being addressed by the Moderator team.

I am closing this thread. Please feel free to contact me, or any other Mod, via PM if you have additional concerns.
Old 12-17-2010, 06:52 PM
Administrator

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts
MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
In closing we would like to add that a lot of what has transpired on here is due to 1 post wonders that picked up a story, with reference to MBWorld, and decided to come on here and play games.

We are trying to identify and remove these as we find them. We also have to be thankful for some members that reported these to MBWorld staff.

Just like MG said, we need and appreciate your help.

There are 3 sides to a story; poster #1, the truth, poster #2.