C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

I'm bored

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-23-2010, 05:25 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2011 Ultima GTR
I'm bored

Ok.... sooooo, today I drove my mates GTR (tune and mid pipe replaced) and all I can say is wow. Like... wow at how fast it is, but also wow at how terrible the interior is. 2009 didn't even have GPS...wtf! But you know what, I don't know what to do now. The main thing that impressed me was the acceleration between 0 to 130 (where 90% of my driving is), I could just see that being REALLY enjoyable for a daily driven car. But anyway.....

My C63 is boring now. I mean, it's still a fast car, but like, I don't see enough fun in it to keep it. Like, after a tune (done), exhaust (on the cards now) and some small things here and there, what's next? I feel like the upper limit of this car is too low for my taste.

On the other hand, the other cars have so much potential in them. Like, another thing I'd consider is a 996 turbo. I just seem to like turbo cars because you can pump cash into them like you do a C63, but each time you do, it's not just a "little" upgrade in power, but each time its a good step up and butt-dyno improvement. Honestly, when I got my tune done, I only felt a mild (even to the point I doubted it was tuned) improvement even though I did pick up an extra 50hp at the wheels. After some races with friends, it was definitely faster, but I'm just the kind of person that doesn't really feel anything unless its a turbo upgrade/supercharger/etc.

I don't want this thread to turn to be a GTR vs C63 thread, or vs 996T because we've had all that before. But my bigger point is that I've become accustomed to the niceties that the C63 offers (the seats, leather, multimedia, GPS, reverse camera etc) but I just don't find it offers me the power that I really NEED to enjoy my daily driven car. I don't want to sell it because I enjoy it overall, but I don't want to start dropping 10k here and there just to get 600hp. I'd rather buy something else that offers more VALUE. But then I don't want an older car either (996 would be like 02-03).

See and then, if I want those luxuries, then I have to start spending up BIG cash. But then even I get something that leaves something to desire (think R8 or G-car). Then... I need a twin turbo kit, and that's MORE cash. And then reliability starts to go. And then ****, we are into a whole new ball park.

It's chalk and cheese guys, but I don't know what to do. Give up the luxuries for power, because honestly it feels like there is a big hole in enjoying my car.

The C63 just doesn't give me that tingle in the junk that other cars have/can....

Last edited by AlexCim; 12-23-2010 at 05:31 AM.
Old 12-23-2010, 05:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 C63
There's always headers..

But, yeah I guess R&D for FI options is kinda off the table for us if they're killing the M156 in coming years..
Old 12-23-2010, 05:54 AM

GF
ESS might have a supercharged version

hopefully will give what you need....

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...66099993402920
Old 12-23-2010, 05:59 AM

2011 Ultima GTR
But then it's still going to be RWD and not going to improve daily driving hooning speeds which are like between 0-130kph.

But yes, a supercharger might be a nice addition I think.
Old 12-23-2010, 06:00 AM

GF
Maybe electric car will be good... for that speed range..
Old 12-23-2010, 09:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'14 911S (garage queen) '13 X3 (family hauler)
I think you have a couple options:
Buy a dedicated "fun car" something a few years old and fast and mod the hell out of it and keep the C63.
Trade in the C and fork over a lot of cash or financing, what ever the case, and buy a used Lambo, F-car, Turbo, ect.

I know what you mean, I always find myself wanting a faster and more (or at least on par) lux car as I move on to each new car.
Thankfully, I've been able to afford spending more money each time, which tends to be the trend, so I've been able to make that move.
Unfortunately, my wallet and/or my wife is going to reach its limit pretty soon
So eventually I think I'm going to end up with a crazy Hot Rod custom that is just insane with power and over the top styling and noise!
A nice Hot Rod can be had for what our C63 cost new, so I'm thinking of going that route in the next 5-10years, in addition to an AMG in the garage, maybe two
Old 12-23-2010, 12:08 PM

no more AMG
Buy the Datsun then
Old 12-23-2010, 12:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG(sold), 2009 CL550, 2010 S550 Majestic Black, 2010 ML550, 2006 C230, 2009 Venza
Originally Posted by AlexCim
Ok.... sooooo, today I drove my mates GTR (tune and mid pipe replaced) and all I can say is wow. Like... wow at how fast it is, but also wow at how terrible the interior is. 2009 didn't even have GPS...wtf! But you know what, I don't know what to do now. The main thing that impressed me was the acceleration between 0 to 130 (where 90% of my driving is), I could just see that being REALLY enjoyable for a daily driven car. But anyway.....

My C63 is boring now. I mean, it's still a fast car, but like, I don't see enough fun in it to keep it. Like, after a tune (done), exhaust (on the cards now) and some small things here and there, what's next? I feel like the upper limit of this car is too low for my taste.

On the other hand, the other cars have so much potential in them. Like, another thing I'd consider is a 996 turbo. I just seem to like turbo cars because you can pump cash into them like you do a C63, but each time you do, it's not just a "little" upgrade in power, but each time its a good step up and butt-dyno improvement. Honestly, when I got my tune done, I only felt a mild (even to the point I doubted it was tuned) improvement even though I did pick up an extra 50hp at the wheels. After some races with friends, it was definitely faster, but I'm just the kind of person that doesn't really feel anything unless its a turbo upgrade/supercharger/etc.

I don't want this thread to turn to be a GTR vs C63 thread, or vs 996T because we've had all that before. But my bigger point is that I've become accustomed to the niceties that the C63 offers (the seats, leather, multimedia, GPS, reverse camera etc) but I just don't find it offers me the power that I really NEED to enjoy my daily driven car. I don't want to sell it because I enjoy it overall, but I don't want to start dropping 10k here and there just to get 600hp. I'd rather buy something else that offers more VALUE. But then I don't want an older car either (996 would be like 02-03).

See and then, if I want those luxuries, then I have to start spending up BIG cash. But then even I get something that leaves something to desire (think R8 or G-car). Then... I need a twin turbo kit, and that's MORE cash. And then reliability starts to go. And then ****, we are into a whole new ball park.

It's chalk and cheese guys, but I don't know what to do. Give up the luxuries for power, because honestly it feels like there is a big hole in enjoying my car.

The C63 just doesn't give me that tingle in the junk that other cars have/can....
Seems to me that you fell in love with the GT-R. I have never driven one myself but have sat in it and indeed it does feel very fast from 0-100 but remember this is also mainly due to AWD. Heck my ML550 feels like a bullet from 0-60 with 0 wheelspin most of the time but it eventually dies after 80 MPH. Of course you cannot compare an SUV to a car but just putting in perspective that AWD makes a BIG difference from 0-100 when compared to RWD.
Old 12-23-2010, 12:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
CLK63 Black Series
you should pick up a black series
Old 12-23-2010, 12:59 PM

2009 Merc C63, 2009 GL320 bluetec
That's they way I felt so I bought a 997 Turbo with 24k on it for an song compared to new....now I have both and when I want to go really fast I take the turbo and when I don't want that intesity and it is intense! I drive the AMG!
Old 12-23-2010, 01:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
2014 Audi RS7
Put on some L/T headers and pump up the HP by 50-75 and you'll enjoy it much more. These cars on steroids are a blast on the street. Make the investment for a couple more mods and then make a decision. You gotta love these cars for a four door sedan!!

IF you don't need the four door sedan then get the sports car!!
Old 12-23-2010, 01:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 167 Likes on 133 Posts
2021 Porsche TTS
Well, I guess most of you guys are really spoiled. I am happy that you guys can think of buying an F car or a Lambo but I think for most of us, spending 55K to 75K for a car is pretty much our limit.
I know this probably does not help but having a 4 sec car and 11.X 1/4 mile for a 4 door sedan under warranty (don't turn this comment as tune= no warranty) was unheard of and supercar territory 5 years ago. Our cars are just simply amazing and I feel they do give you a lot of feedback in sound and overall feeling versus the more blend cars like a GTR or Supersport.
Every time I put the car in manual mode and start pushing the envelope, it is very rewarding.
Anyway, this is just me and obviously you are bored with the car. I would second the idea of buying a dedicated fun car and build it up. It will take you time and energy but you will still have a reliable car on the side for dd.
Merry Xmas
Old 12-23-2010, 02:52 PM

BMW E92 M3, C63 AMG (Soon)
But then it's still going to be RWD and not going to improve daily driving hooning speeds which are like between 0-130kph.

But yes, a supercharger might be a nice addition I think.
AWD, Power, DD Reliability/Warranty, Nice interior = Audi R8 V10.

And if you get bored of that, good luck lol.
Old 12-23-2010, 03:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C63
The GTR is an incredible car. I would really consider one after the C63.
There are many things you can do to the C63 to make very fast. Give it some time you will see FI parts coming out for the M156.
Old 12-23-2010, 03:39 PM

C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Dads C63
Put on some L/T headers and pump up the HP by 50-75 and you'll enjoy it much more. These cars on steroids are a blast on the street. Make the investment for a couple more mods and then make a decision. You gotta love these cars for a four door sedan!!

IF you don't need the four door sedan then get the sports car!!
This.

And you can't replace the awesome power band of a NA engine pushig close to 600hp at the crank. Turbos are nice, but i'm more impressed with NA cars that make just as much hp and run low 11's borderlining 10's at the strip...in a sedan, no less.
Old 12-23-2010, 03:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'13 GT-R AMS Alpha 9+, CLA45, E55
I don't blame you man, when I drove my good buddies (which he was selling at the time) I almost traded him my car plus cash on the spot. Thank god it was white and I have my heart set on a black one. It's a car that is certainly in the 12 month program for myself. I just hope I don't have to sacrifice the E55 to do so. They are incredible cars with amazing mod potential and will rule the 1/4 and the twisties.
Old 12-23-2010, 06:48 PM

'09 C63 Performance Package - Steel Grey/Sahara Biege
Trying turning off the traction control for a few days...
Old 12-23-2010, 07:39 PM

'11 C63 w/ P31
I find a GTR to be boring day to day, has higher handling limits, and driving at the limit is the fun part.

Its awd which is boring, Rwd is more fun IMO and you can always slide around, burnouts, drifts etc...very fun.
Old 12-23-2010, 07:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

02 CLK 55 AMG,09 C63 loaded with P30
No matter what car you get eventually you will get "tired" of it. Well I'm hoping to keep my C63 for 10yrs.
Old 12-24-2010, 03:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
'09 SL Black, '12 ML63, '13 SL63, '14 E63 Wagon, '14 458 Italia
ACim - I went with what I thought would be a more rambunctious car (post-mods) when compared to the C63 (GT500), and even though it is and will be, I miss the C63 now. So I think the take away thought that I would offer you is that this is a perfect time to spend a week - absolutely no less - pricing & really researching potential replacement cars, narrowing those down, test driving those, etc. If you're in the position to be considering a GTR / Lambo, then more power to you, but you sure as hell better get the one you really want. Good luck with the decision.

Originally Posted by tgoss
I don't blame you man, when I drove my good buddies (which he was selling at the time) I almost traded him my car plus cash on the spot. Thank god it was white and I have my heart set on a black one. It's a car that is certainly in the 12 month program for myself. I just hope I don't have to sacrifice the E55 to do so. They are incredible cars with amazing mod potential and will rule the 1/4 and the twisties.
I want a ride in the GTR, Goss.
Old 12-24-2010, 12:56 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
C63 AMG P30 + OE Tuning
Yo Alex, you bored of her already? Thats no way to treat a lady

Anyways, Merry Xmas to you folks in down under.. I'm spending Xmas in London this year..
Old 12-24-2010, 02:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2009 c63, 2010 E63
Originally Posted by Jons95c36amg
No matter what car you get eventually you will get "tired" of it. Well I'm hoping to keep my C63 for 10yrs.
this man speaks the truth. Hopefully I can keep my c63 forever.
Old 12-24-2010, 05:00 PM

no more AMG
The GTR isn't even in the same class or league as the C63 but somehow this topic ALWAYS comes up
Old 12-24-2010, 07:06 PM

c63 amg
yes my friend has a gtr moded to 700 hp. It's a neckbreaker. 0-60 in 2.9 or 3.0.

But he said the the gt-r does not have anything near the practicality or comfort of the c63. plus very noisy compared to the c63 when cruising.

That being said i'm presently thinking about a 2012 gtr in spring.

Good dilema to have.

I would say at least drive with the back seat down so that you can hear the exhaust of your c63 better. that's a mod that doesn't hurt the wallet or waranty
Old 12-25-2010, 02:16 AM

2011 Ultima GTR
Originally Posted by black-clk500
I think you have a couple options:
Buy a dedicated "fun car" something a few years old and fast and mod the hell out of it and keep the C63.
This is definitely something that I am considering, but the reason that I havn't done it yet is because I fear I will end up in situations like "I wish I had my other car here" or "I wish I could drive my race car on the road" etc.

Originally Posted by soldier2304
Seems to me that you fell in love with the GT-R.
Not at all. I was just simply reminded of what a faster car than a C63 felt like. The GTR just happen to be what I was reminded with.

Originally Posted by clktoc63
Trying turning off the traction control for a few days...
I drive traction control off / manual mode 100% of the time. Highway, going to work, twisties, rain, dry, everything.

Originally Posted by NickZag
The GTR isn't even in the same class or league as the C63 but somehow this topic ALWAYS comes up
That's right, and I thought I was clear about that. I wasn't comparing the two, I saying that I'm aware that the C63 has a much lower power/mod ceiling than something like a GTR or 911T etc.

Originally Posted by c63canada
yes my friend has a gtr moded to 700 hp. It's a neckbreaker. 0-60 in 2.9 or 3.0.
This is what I'd do immediately if I bought a GTR. Straight into Willall for a 450awkw package.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: I'm bored