C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Intro and Newb Question

Old 12-26-2010, 03:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 BMW 540i/6
Intro and Newb Question

Hello all!

First time poster, but I've been following C63 updates since it was introduced. I've always liked this car because of the 6.2 liter V8. The only things holding me back is the Speedshift trans and the fact that all my cars have been true manuals.

However, with rumors circulating that the 2012 model will get the MCT trans, I'm considering this car even more now. The fact that Mercedes will be going to a 5.5 TT V8 means the 6.2 and MCT will be the greatest combination of engine and trans ever for the C class. (At least to me, it will be). I'm not too keen on turbo motors.

I plan to keep my next car for the next 10-15 years, so I want to make sure I'll be happy with it. My other choice is an E92 M3 coupe. Also, the last of the BMW NA V8 with a true manual.

So my question to you guys: Has anyone gone from driving only manuals to an auto and regretted it? This is my biggest concern since I'll be keeping the car for so long. It will be used to shuttle my kids to school and their activities. Also, as my daily driver to work (40 minutes, 12 miles one way in stop and go traffic). In a couple of years, I'll pick up a Civic Si as a daily driver and either the C63 or M3 will be my weekend car.
Old 12-26-2010, 07:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63
To go straight to your question - yes, and no (huge help I know). I came from an RS4 and I do miss the manual tranny from time to time...usually on weekends when I drive with more "spirit". But 90% of the time I appreciate the ease and convenience of the auto.
Old 12-26-2010, 09:50 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
no more AMG
My A4 is a 6MT so many that takes care of my MT needs, but I don't mind my C63 being an automatic at all. Play with the S and M modes and have some fun. I'm not the biggest fan of the MCT craze right now anyway. If I'm going manual, I the cluth and stick.