C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Distrubing experience on the 2 fwy (socal)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-02-2011, 03:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C63
Distrubing experience on the 2 fwy (socal)

Last night I'm driving on the 2 south fwy in Socal headed back from Tujunga. It was around 1 AM and the fwy was pretty empty. so as I am driving, I see a car off in the distance that looked like he was parked with his headlights facing opposing traffic. Little do i know this dumb POS is driving on the wrong side of the fwy towards opposing traffic!!! I could not believe it. For a second I thought he lost control and spun out but no, this idiot is headed full throttle directly towards me!!!! I swerve out of the way as fast as I could and this guy didnt even move an inch, he just kept driving up the fwy like everyone was invisible. I was trying to call CHP before this dumb *** actually killed someone. but being new years and all the phone lines were pretty busy. Its ironic because the 2 north and 2 south is one of the most heavily CHP enforced FWY's in socal and I didn't even see one CHP on the 2 fwy that night.

Last edited by _AMG_; 01-02-2011 at 03:26 AM.
Old 01-02-2011, 09:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'14 911S (garage queen) '13 X3 (family hauler)
Wow glad to hear you're okay--an old lady just did the same thing out here, but she did hit another car and both drivers were killed, a 3 year old survived, but her mom was killed.
There's a lot of people that shouldn't be allowed on the road.

BTW are you telling me that you couldn't call 911 because the phones we busy--I've never had this experience, except on 9/11--is this normal out there?

Glad you made it out unscathed, surprised your exhaust didn't scare him off the road!
Old 01-02-2011, 01:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
MB
Originally Posted by black-clk500
Wow glad to hear you're okay--an old lady just did the same thing out here, but she did hit another car and both drivers were killed, a 3 year old survived, but her mom was killed.

BTW are you telling me that you couldn't call 911 because the phones we busy--I've never had this experience, except on 9/11--is this normal out there?

Glad you made it out unscathed, surprised your exhaust didn't scare him off the road!
The 4-5 times I've called 911, the phone line has been busy... long enough to make a difference.

AMG, glad you came away safe. Some crazy drivers out there. I had a pizza delivery guy in one of those little minis cut me off as he pulled across two double yellow lines/diagonally (spelling) to make a turn right in front of me. If you can imgane, we were going in opposite directions and rather than waiting untill he passed by me to turn in the turn lane, he just b-lined it across the street right in front of me.

I was driving with a buddy and I was like "did that just happen?!" haha

Gotta keep your eyes peeled.

Last edited by SonnyakaPig; 01-02-2011 at 01:37 PM.
Old 01-02-2011, 01:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'14 911S (garage queen) '13 X3 (family hauler)
Originally Posted by SonnyakaPig
The 4-5 times I've called 911, the phone line has been busy... long enough to make a difference.
Wow that's crazy, I call in stuff pretty often since I'm on the road a lot and I never had this happen out here--I guess you just have more people calling to complain about their chicken nuggets, nail salon, etc.
Remind me NOT to wreck in CA
Old 01-02-2011, 01:53 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
no more AMG
Unfortunately, it is. If you call 911 on a cell phone in CA, the CHP is responsible for all the emergency calls and with all the budget cuts the states been going through, all the dispatch centers run on a skeleton crew
Old 01-03-2011, 03:02 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
07 RS4 sold, R53 Cooper S, 2008 Cayman S, 2012 GTR
Glad to hear you weren't hurt, this is one of the reasons why i decided to stay off the roads for New Years now... too many people on the road that shouldn't be.
Old 01-03-2011, 04:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Good thing you didn't get hurt.... that could've been a very ugly situation
Old 01-03-2011, 04:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63

Thank you, too many stupid drivers out there that shouldn't even be allowed to have a license.

Yes the phone lines were very busy, My call couldn't even go through I don't call 911 unless if its a serious situation, but somehow I couldnt get through that night.

Originally Posted by SonnyakaPig

AMG, glad you came away safe. Some crazy drivers out there. I had a pizza delivery guy in one of those little minis cut me off as he pulled across two double yellow lines/diagonally (spelling) to make a turn right in front of me. If you can imgane, we were going in opposite directions and rather than waiting untill he passed by me to turn in the turn lane, he just b-lined it across the street right in front of me.

I was driving with a buddy and I was like "did that just happen?!" haha

Gotta keep your eyes peeled.
Thanks man, Ive Never been in a sticky situation like that but It sure made me extra cautious of other drivers out there.
I was asking my self the same question after the guy passed me, I couldn't believe it at first.

Originally Posted by NickZag
Unfortunately, it is. If you call 911 on a cell phone in CA, the CHP is responsible for all the emergency calls and with all the budget cuts the states been going through, all the dispatch centers run on a skeleton crew
The CHP definitely needs to be aware of emergency situations, Busy phone lines or not. Someone could have been killed that night. I know If I did crash into him head first I wouldn't have made out out alive.

Originally Posted by James@ACGSD
Glad to hear you weren't hurt, this is one of the reasons why i decided to stay off the roads for New Years now... too many people on the road that shouldn't be.
Thank you, I was aware of drunk drivers being on the road on newyears. but I was never expecting a drunk driver driving on the worng side of the fwy. Next year Im going to make sure I dont take the 2 fwy again. lol

Originally Posted by MB_Forever
Good thing you didn't get hurt.... that could've been a very ugly situation
Thank you, It could have been VERY ugly.
Old 01-03-2011, 05:43 PM
Super Moderator

W221
Wow...that nuts. Glad to hear you're alright. I always try to stay away from the 2 freeway. It's full of some "interesting" people.
Old 01-03-2011, 06:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63
Originally Posted by BenzoBoi
Wow...that nuts. Glad to hear you're alright. I always try to stay away from the 2 freeway. It's full of some "interesting" people.
Thanks BenzBoi,
It sure is. lol
Old 01-03-2011, 06:15 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
07 RS4 sold, R53 Cooper S, 2008 Cayman S, 2012 GTR
Originally Posted by _AMG_
Thanks BenzBoi,
It sure is. lol
Sun how else am i gonna get potato ***** when I'm up in LA?

lol the good thing from all this is doesn't look like it made a story so hopefully no one got hurt from this driver on the wrong side
Old 01-03-2011, 06:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63
lol the good thing from all this is doesn't look like it made a story so hopefully no one got hurt from this driver on the wrong side
I was trying to search online if there were any major accidents on the 2 fwy on New Years. Thank God no one got hurt.
Old 01-03-2011, 06:20 PM
Super Moderator

W221
Sun how else am i gonna get potato ***** when I'm up in LA?

When in need of potato *****, acquire them in ANY WAY possible! I guess you can take the 2 then.
Old 01-03-2011, 09:25 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
13 Lamborghini SL, 09 C63, Vipers (sold)
Glad your okay!! This is exactly the type of thing you see on the news......
Old 01-04-2011, 12:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 107 Likes on 75 Posts
2018 AMG GTR, 2017 GLS63, 2019 C63s

once I witnessed an accident and immediately called 911 on my cell...almost as it was still happening. I waited for 12-15 minutes as it rang and rang. I hung up when an ambulance showed but my 911 line was still ringing...
Old 01-04-2011, 12:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
W203 C55 and SAAB 9-3 2.0T
I had no idea Lohan had got back out of rehab, glad she missed ya.
Old 01-04-2011, 01:02 AM

2009 C63 AMG
I had a similar experience last week. It was snowing so I was driving slowly around 40 mph when I noticed an upcoming car cross the center line and drive in my lane right at me! Thanks to my winter tires, I was able to pull right and avoid a head-on. What really freaked me out is that the guy (or maybe it was a gal ) didn't even try to brake or pull away, s/he was just driving right at me.

Also, two days before that I almost got hit by a fire truck that was trying to cross the middle section and spun on the snow while I stopped at the other side of the road. I thought they teach those guys how to drive.
Old 01-04-2011, 01:13 AM

2013 Nissan GT-R BE
Originally Posted by andrey_clk55
Also, two days before that I almost got hit by a fire truck that was trying to cross the middle section and spun on the snow while I stopped at the other side of the road. I thought they teach those guys how to drive.
Maybe they went to offensive driving school instead ?

Sheep
Old 01-04-2011, 01:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
2006 E55 and 2002 E320
How terrible! Glad to hear that you remained uninjured and without loss of property, but I hope everyone else was just as lucky as you were.