Oil Change?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-22-2011, 11:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63
Oil Change?

So i'm taking me C63 in today to check out a minor electrical issue & was wondering if i should have my oil changed. My car has around 1800 miles. I know that with synthetic, the recommended oil change is usually around 10,000 miles, but i always change the oil in all my cars at or around 1500 miles. Any of you all do this?

Has anyone else done this or do you all wait till service A to change the oil?
Old 02-22-2011, 11:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 514 Likes on 431 Posts
07 E63 AMG, 10 C63 AMG, 07 E63 Designo, 07 E350, 09 C300, 07 C230
It's a personal choice that you must make for yourself. I haven't changed the oil in my 2010 yet, and it's brand new. If you feel as though you should change it, then go ahead. But most people will tell you, that your wasting your money. These engines are run and fully tested by the factory, if you want to consider this as break in oil, then so be it. It's your choice.......
Old 02-22-2011, 12:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 381 Likes on 237 Posts
2010 Irridium Silver MB C63 AMG Sedan
Originally Posted by Yuille36
It's a personal choice that you must make for yourself. I haven't changed the oil in my 2010 yet, and it's brand new. If you feel as though you should change it, then go ahead. But most people will tell you, that your wasting your money. These engines are run and fully tested by the factory, if you want to consider this as break in oil, then so be it. It's your choice.......
As always, Yullie with the best most comprehensive response. +1
Old 02-22-2011, 12:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2017 Mini Cooper S Clubman ALL4 - British Racing Green
The oil itself.. not so much of a problem.. what I would be curious to know.. is the threads for the oil filter cover.. any solid part that moves on another solid part will remove some material over time, especially when one of those materials is more dense then the other..

Would this not cause the filter cover (since I believe its plastic) to wear out prematurely resulting in potential leaks.. or am I over analyzing this issue.

It is a serious issue on bikes (the pedaling kind), when I clean and service my bikes, I will strip it down to the frame, with the exception of removing the bottom bracket (the part that your pedals connect to) and the headset (the bearings that hold the fork stem to the frame), as they remove small amounts material from the frame threads every time you do so (frame is aluminum, headset and BB are steel or titanium in general depending on how much you want to spend).
Old 02-22-2011, 01:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63
Originally Posted by Yuille36

Yeah that's what i was thinking. I was just curious to see others opinion on the matter.