ACG Just got their shipment of Endless Brake Pads...getting them installed now

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-04-2011, 05:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 75 Likes on 50 Posts
Hyperion's Candy-Coated 4 x 4
ACG Just got their shipment of Endless Brake Pads...getting them installed now

Along with Evosport Steel Brakelines...so look forward to more responsiveness and less noise hopefully. Will update after driving around on them.
Old 03-04-2011, 08:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 431 Likes on 354 Posts
2012 C63;1971 280SE 3.5(Sold);2023 EQS 450 SUV 4 Matic (Wife's)
Think I might swap out my brake lines. I did it on my truck and did not notice a huge improvement so I am interested in your impressions on the C63. Brake pads too I guess but I don't seem to mind the stock pads. Maybe I just don't know what I am missing so your impressions on those too will be nice.

I have ceramics on my truck and they just don't seem to have any bite to them but the truck weighs in at 6200 lbs so that may be a limiting factor. They seem clean with little dust but I would rather good braking performance over less dust.

I have had steel lines on older cars and the difference was night and day.

More Nice mods.
Old 03-04-2011, 08:32 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2015 C300 4matic
very nice.. more info on the brake pads please..
Old 03-04-2011, 09:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C63
The mod bug has taken full effect lol.
Great list of mods!!
Can you give us a feedback on the Endless pads and SS brake lines after you've installed them?
Old 03-04-2011, 09:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MBUSA
How many miles you have? i need the same soon
Old 03-04-2011, 10:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by _AMG_
The mod bug has taken full effect lol.
Great list of mods!!
Can you give us a feedback on the Endless pads and SS brake lines after you've installed them?
You know it! It's a full on disease. The braking is much more responsive, and the car almost feels more limber...if that makes any sense. I just felt that before (and maybe I'm a harder braker than others) with the stock pads and lines, the stopping was more gradual and it didn't have that "stop on a dime feeling." It wasnt as bad as when I had my E55, but my foot would almost feel like in order to stop, I had to keep pressing down in order for the car to come to a stop. Now, on the other hand, it feels like I have to do apply about 50% less pressure, and the car comes to a more pronounced stop. ACG broke it in for me, and after getting over the flu (with headaches) i didnt feel like doing hard stops on my own, but I can tell that if I had to slam on the brakes, I would need to apply a lot less force in order to make that happen.

Also, I dont hear any of the noise as I did before. Maybe that is because these pads are newer and have acquired the requisite dust or whatnot, but from what James told me, the Endless Street Pads will be less noisy than the OEM ones.

Originally Posted by GHAZAN
How many miles you have? i need the same soon
I am at about 5,100 miles, and i didnt "need" new pads, but was not happy with how the car was braking or with the squealing I would hear, so i decided to give these a whirl and ACG did a fantastic job with the install!

Originally Posted by exdes
very nice.. more info on the brake pads please..
As far as the technical aspects of the pads, James or Peter from ACG would be much better equipped to give you full information on them. I really just love how the car responds now and it doesnt feel as lumbering when it comes to a complete stop.

Last edited by Pertplus; 03-05-2011 at 03:42 AM.
Old 03-04-2011, 11:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C63
Originally Posted by Pertplus
You know it! It's a full on disease. The braking is much more responsive, and the car almost feels more limber...if that makes any sense. I just felt that before (and maybe I'm a harder braker than others) but with the stock pads and lines, I the stopping was more gradual and it didn't have that "stop on a dime feeling." It wasnt as bad as my when I had my E55, but my foot would almost feel like in order to stop, I had to keep pressing down for the car to come to a stop. Now, it feels like I have to do about 50% less, and the car comes to a more pronounced stop. ACG broke it in for me, and after getting over the flu (with headaches) i didnt feel like doing hard stops on my own, but I can tell that if I had to slam on the brakes, I would need to apply a lot less force in order to make that happen.
Thanks for the info Pertplus, I really appreciate it.
Seems like it makes a really substantial difference in braking power, considering how nose heavy the C63 is, this would be a great upgrade.
Would you mind if I ask how much you got the pads and the lines for?
Old 03-05-2011, 03:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by _AMG_
Thanks for the info Pertplus, I really appreciate it.
Seems like it makes a really substantial difference in braking power, considering how nose heavy the C63 is, this would be a great upgrade.
Would you mind if I ask how much you got the pads and the lines for?
Definitely made a big difference so far, and gonna try it out tomorrow to see how it feels when my head is more clear.

As far as what I paid, I dont really like to publicly talk about what I paid retailers (or even wholesalers)--with whom I have done substantial business with--because I leave that up to them to advertise/discuss their prices with individual customers. Hope that make sense.
Old 03-05-2011, 06:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
c63
So Endless make brake pads for C63! Where can I get these?
Old 03-05-2011, 12:21 PM
Banned

07 RS4 sold, R53 Cooper S, 2008 Cayman S, 2012 GTR
Good morning Gents,

I will forewarn you now... these pads are not cheap but in my honest opinion the best street pad that we've been installing in terms of performance.

the endless Street pads that we have been installing on the C63's are the MX72 pad compound.

Ceramics are known to be one of the most vital and essential compounds that influence braking capacity. Every material has been carefully chosen for the MX72 in order to produce minimal noise and dust while producing high friction at lower temperatures. The MX72 improves upon the ever-popular CC-X compound in that braking stability is improved at higher temperatures. And yet, the MX72 actually decreases rotor wear. Even pedal feel, which is already typically great with semi-metallic material pads, was further improved upon. The MX72 is the ultimate, dual-purpose, street / light track compound.

With all that said, the pads are $470 for the front pair, and $340 for the rear.

We can offer a brake package with new Stainless Steel lines, motul brake fluid, and endless Pads.

Originally Posted by HIRO63
So Endless make brake pads for C63! Where can I get these?
We have 3 sets in stock...

Last edited by James@ACG; 03-05-2011 at 01:15 PM.
Old 03-05-2011, 03:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'15 VW GTI
James, I'll take the package of pads, lines, and fluid. What type of motul?
Old 03-05-2011, 03:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'15 VW GTI
Would I have to get new pads if the evo rotors ever come in?
Old 03-05-2011, 03:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Drove the car today, hitting the freeway and really fully testing out the brakes for the first time, and I am even more thrilled. The car really does feel more firm when it stops, and still no noise. But even though its so responsive, it doesnt feel obnoxiously hard when I brake, i.e., way too sensitive. Very happy with my choice!
Old 03-05-2011, 03:56 PM
Banned

07 RS4 sold, R53 Cooper S, 2008 Cayman S, 2012 GTR
Originally Posted by Even Money
Would I have to get new pads if the evo rotors ever come in?
Will I'll get them shipped out this week for you, I would however suggest to wait to install them until you get the EVOsport Rotors. I will get a better idea on monday on when they will actually be available.

Brake Fluid is RBF 600 High Performance Race

James@ACG
Old 03-05-2011, 04:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'15 VW GTI
Thanks. I'll wait on the rotors, hopefully. But I'm due for a brake fluid flush.
Old 03-06-2011, 12:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MBUSA
ACG,

Any other brake pads available that would also be an upgrade from OEM? Also what about ATE superblue fluid? thanks