Calling All Swiss C63ers! Geneva C63 AMG Spotting

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-09-2011, 04:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AMG & RR
Exclamation Calling All Swiss C63ers! Geneva C63 AMG Spotting

A few weeks ago I was in Geneva, Switzerland and came across what I was told was a rare car sighting. I had an idea about car prices in Switzerland but when I was told a C63 is about 120K-140K USD new, I could understand why it was really a rare sighting. Does anyone know if this one belongs to a member here?

Iphone Pix

Great to see people getting the Steel Grey more now.

Last edited by Merc-Skycap; 03-09-2011 at 04:44 AM.
Old 03-09-2011, 05:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'13 CLS63 PP
It look really nice and clean
Old 03-09-2011, 08:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63
I like the steel grey!
Old 03-10-2011, 02:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG & RR
Originally Posted by faresuae
It look really nice and clean
So does yours! Did u take the picture when we had snow here in the L.A. area?
Old 03-10-2011, 03:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'13 CLS63 PP
Originally Posted by Merc-Skycap
So does yours! Did u take the picture when we had snow here in the L.A. area?
Thanks ! No I didn't

I took some pictures in Big Bear City last December.
https://mbworld.org/forums/4409024-post754.html
Old 03-10-2011, 05:04 AM

c200k
CH is where one would see cars like that, not Germany, believe it or not. Germans are so obsessed with environment (and the autobahn is a myth anyhow) and incomes so low, that surrounding countries are the ones consuming such cars. CH is extraordinarily wealthy and redistribution of wealth, despite high competition in society, is quite good, in terms of all jobs paying well.
Old 03-10-2011, 05:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2024 EQE 43 AMG SUV
Originally Posted by sknight
CH is where one would see cars like that, not Germany, believe it or not. Germans are so obsessed with environment (and the autobahn is a myth anyhow) and incomes so low, that surrounding countries are the ones consuming such cars. CH is extraordinarily wealthy and redistribution of wealth, despite high competition in society, is quite good, in terms of all jobs paying well.
What do you mean about the autobahn being a myth? :/
But yeah, when i last year was driving through Germany (Puttgarden-München), the only nice cars i saw were in Affalterbach...
Old 03-10-2011, 05:36 PM

c200k
The uncontrolled speed limit is a myth. First, you have actual speed controls in many areas, then construction zones, green zones, then you have *******s who move into the left lane at 80kmh, no care in the world, which leads to horrific accidents they drive away from, while the speeding car's passengers typically don't. All told, only about 2% of German highways have no controls on speed, and the average highway speeds in Germany are actually lower than neighboring countries- a survey I can back up. My speeds in Austria, especially France, Switzerland, and Italy average much higher than in Germany, despite their speed limits. Plus the decreased stress of driving there is immeasurable.
Old 03-11-2011, 04:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 66 Likes on 49 Posts
'08 C63 Estate
The uncontrolled speed limit is a myth. First, you have actual speed controls in many areas, then construction zones, green zones, then you have *******s who move into the left lane at 80kmh, no care in the world, which leads to horrific accidents they drive away from, while the speeding car's passengers typically don't. All told, only about 2% of German highways have no controls on speed, and the average highway speeds in Germany are actually lower than neighboring countries- a survey I can back up. My speeds in Austria, especially France, Switzerland, and Italy average much higher than in Germany, despite their speed limits. Plus the decreased stress of driving there is immeasurable.
I'm not sure what you are saying here - I've lived in Switzerland for 3 years near Zurich and of course you could see many nice and ridiculously expensive cars there (due to the wealth distribution). But I live in Berlin since 3 years and it's the same deal here. Geneva is just one of the most "trendy" places in CH and that's why you get to see such cars. It's like Munich or Hamburg in Germany. A bigger town where many wealthy people live. If you go to a smaller town in CH, you'll see nothing but ordinary cars (and some amazing views on the Swiss alps).

I am not trying to defend Germany because I have to connection to this country whatsoever but your points are subjective and to be honest nonsense to me.

And about the speed limits - I travel from Poland to Germany about 300km twice a month and even though the speed limit is mostly 120km/h I still drive 240km/h because there are little controls and police on the highways. In CH however, you have speed cameras every 10km. And the police there is insane.

Last edited by olszowa12; 03-11-2011 at 04:32 AM.
Old 03-11-2011, 04:50 AM

c200k
Originally Posted by olszowa12
I'm not sure what you are saying here - I've lived in Switzerland for 3 years near Zurich and of course you could see many nice and ridiculously expensive cars there (due to the wealth distribution). But I live in Berlin since 3 years and it's the same deal here. Geneva is just one of the most "trendy" places in CH and that's why you get to see such cars. It's like Munich or Hamburg in Germany. A bigger town where many wealthy people live. If you go to a smaller town in CH, you'll see nothing but ordinary cars (and some amazing views on the Swiss alps).

I am not trying to defend Germany because I have to connection to this country whatsoever but your points are subjective and to be honest nonsense to me.

And about the speed limits - I travel from Poland to Germany about 300km twice a month and even though the speed limit is mostly 120km/h I still drive 240km/h because there are little controls and police on the highways. In CH however, you have speed cameras every 10km. And the police there is insane.
I don't know what you're saying, either. You seem to be agreeing with me. The economic situation, despite the crisis, is good in Switzerland, and then I drive regularly through all surrounding countries and the average speeds, backed by the ADAC statistics and other studies, are higher in surrounding countries than in Germany.
Old 03-11-2011, 05:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 66 Likes on 49 Posts
'08 C63 Estate
I don't know what you're saying, either. You seem to be agreeing with me. The economic situation, despite the crisis, is good in Switzerland, and then I drive regularly through all surrounding countries and the average speeds, backed by the ADAC statistics and other studies, are higher in surrounding countries than in Germany.
Maybe I wasn't clear enough - I am saying that Geneva or any other Swiss large city (like Zurich or Bern) does not differ from any large German or French city. It's nothing special that you can see many hot cars there.

You should also take the size and the population of a country into perspective when talking about average speeds and traffic.
Old 03-11-2011, 06:07 AM

c200k
I've now lived in three Germany capital cities, including the two wealthiest ones. Where I live now, I have R8's and RS6's, and a couple Lambos and an SLR nearby. None of these compare to the major cities of Switzerland, especially Zurich. We have more greenies here, higher taxes on everything, and it's acknowledged that the majority of the higher powered cars leave Germany due to the taxes imposed on engine displacement and other factors.

Why the hell would I want to take population and other statistics into account when I drive through a country and am trying to achieve higher average speeds. That is a ridiculous thing to try and defend Germany with and perhaps a very German way to create propaganda. When I drive, I simply want higher average speeds, attainable OUTSIDE of Germany, confirmed by several private and governmental agencies within and outside of Germany. When I suddenly drop my average speed by 40kmh when crossing the border from France into Germany, I don't think "oh well...it's the population density!" I think "well, the speeds have suddenly dropped, the highway here actually has a lower speed control on it than in France, and "I can't drive as fast as I can in France, despite Germany supposedly having no speed limits".

Population also has nothing to do with the fact that Germans don't even know how to use their own highways, such as swinging into the passing lane at 80 or less, when a speeding car is doing 220+, or the constant speed zone changes.

In case you still can't understand, there are many videos on youtube of that case:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyWGu...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZCCcX7A_Vg&NR=1

Those are just TWO and videos will not do justice to how dangerous that is.

However, the Autobahn Myth is used for tourism (even they couldn't simulate an ideal experience). Indicated are 2 million accidents yearly on the Autobahn, indicating the myth of fewer accidents than in other countries:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-39HR...eature=related

Last edited by sknight; 03-11-2011 at 06:30 AM.