*SIGH* another ticket.... or 3.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-13-2011, 04:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 C63
*SIGH* another ticket.... or 3.

Just a quick question, if you fight a ticket down, any idea if it shows the original charge? For example, I got a ticket a while back for a 95 in a 65, which is a 5 pointer. Went to court, got it down to 79 in a 65 which is a 2 pointer + community service. Does the 95 in a 65 still show on my diving history? Or just the 79 in a 65?

I got pulled over last night for a 66 in a 50. Un. *******g. believable. I was less than 2 months away from a clean license!! I saw the cop pull a u-turn and start following me.. I wasn't in a rush to slow down because I literally did not think he was coming after me since I wasn't even going that fast, and a couple cars even passed me while he was following me.

Ended up pulling me over and hit me with a tint and no front plate ticket AND the speeding ticket..

Anyway, back to the original point of this post, I'm thinking the judge would be a little kinder if he doesn't see the 95 in a 65 at all..

Last edited by drawde; 03-13-2011 at 04:38 PM.
Old 03-13-2011, 04:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 61 Likes on 52 Posts
Steel Grey Metallic C63!!
I believe that only your plea deal will show up. Why didn't you offer to the prosecutor that you'll pay more rather then to get points? I've had friends who paid a little more, and had no points for speeding. Unfortunately for me, that doesn't work in NYC traffic courts. It works for other municipalities though. From the sound of it, it didn't matter what you did as that trooper had already determined to get u for speeding and more.
Old 03-13-2011, 04:44 PM

C55 AMG
as far as I can recall... It will show up on your record as 79 not 95... bc the insurance company gets the dmv record as well... hence why rates go up when you renew... and only get 2 points instead of 5 LOL... I used to risk the no front tag/tints but after seeing so many ppl getting ticks for em... I enjoy not having another reason for a cop to get me lol... plus C55's r quite "sleeper" compared to a C63... good luck with your tickets
Old 03-13-2011, 04:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2009 C63
Originally Posted by I am Jeff
I believe that only your plea deal will show up. Why didn't you offer to the prosecutor that you'll pay more rather then to get points? I've had friends who paid a little more, and had no points for speeding. Unfortunately for me, that doesn't work in NYC traffic courts. It works for other municipalities though. From the sound of it, it didn't matter what you did as that trooper had already determined to get u for speeding and more.
Yeah, I used the 'pay more no points' a couple times in the past.. You can only do that I believe 2 times within 5 years. :/
Old 03-13-2011, 05:00 PM

c200k
If you want to speed, then you have to lawyer up. Simply put. If you don't have infinite amounts of time to determine the ins and outs of court and sit down there like I did and watch in my hometown, then you need to lawyer up and put one on a monthly plan so you have him when you need him.

Oh, and the judge WILL see the original charge, by the way. So he will see the 95, then what it was plead down to.
Old 03-13-2011, 05:12 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2006 CLS500 - Iridium Silver w/ AMG Sportline
Originally Posted by drawde
Just a quick question, if you fight a ticket down, any idea if it shows the original charge? For example, I got a ticket a while back for a 95 in a 65, which is a 5 pointer. Went to court, got it down to 79 in a 65 which is a 2 pointer + community service. Does the 95 in a 65 still show on my diving history? Or just the 79 in a 65?

I got pulled over last night for a 66 in a 50. Un. *******g. believable. I was less than 2 months away from a clean license!! I saw the cop pull a u-turn and start following me.. I wasn't in a rush to slow down because I literally did not think he was coming after me since I wasn't even going that fast, and a couple cars even passed me while he was following me.

Ended up pulling me over and hit me with a tint and no front plate ticket AND the speeding ticket..

Anyway, back to the original point of this post, I'm thinking the judge would be a little kinder if he doesn't see the 95 in a 65 at all..
9500ix Radar/Laser Detector Had it off or it just didn't do anything in this situation? I don't have any radar protection, but from your post, it makes me wonder if it's worth the money anyway.
Old 03-13-2011, 05:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C63
I took my recent ticket to a lawyer, He is taking care of it for me. I suggest you do the same, those traffic lawyers know the ins and outs of the system so they can get it dismissed for you.
Old 03-13-2011, 05:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2009 C63
Originally Posted by boschk
9500ix Radar/Laser Detector Had it off or it just didn't do anything in this situation? I don't have any radar protection, but from your post, it makes me wonder if it's worth the money anyway.
It went off, but like I said I didn't think I was doing anything wrong so I didn't think too much of it but in hindsight I probably should've slowed down anyway. Lesson learned.
Old 03-13-2011, 05:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2009 C63
Originally Posted by sknight
If you want to speed, then you have to lawyer up. Simply put. If you don't have infinite amounts of time to determine the ins and outs of court and sit down there like I did and watch in my hometown, then you need to lawyer up and put one on a monthly plan so you have him when you need him.

Oh, and the judge WILL see the original charge, by the way. So he will see the 95, then what it was plead down to.
I lawyered up for the 96 in a 65 (30mph over). I think I can at least get the points reduced on my own this time, since it's only 16mph over.
Old 03-13-2011, 05:22 PM

c200k
Good thing the judge will be seeing it exactly as you do.
Old 03-13-2011, 05:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2009 C63
My main thing is not getting my license suspended.. Last time I was *****ting bricks in court because 30mph over is/can be a big deal, and before I was up he pulled 2 licenses (and/or driving priveldges within the state of NJ). I believe 12 total is when they pull it (aside from any serious single offences).
Old 03-13-2011, 05:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2009 C63
Sigh, I was doing so good, too. Cruise control on I78 the whole way to and from work, not paying attention to people that try to get me to race them, pretty much driving like a grandma as far as my work commute is concerned, and I get pinched for doing 66 in a 50 literally like 5 minutes out of my work parking lot.

It used to be that I would be half thankful for getting caught doing "minor" stuff and NOT getting caught for some of the other dumb stuff I used to do, but I can't even remember the last time I did anything like that. :\
Old 03-13-2011, 05:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2024 EQE 43 AMG SUV
Sorry to hear about the tickets. I was thinking about getting a laser detector myself, but just visited the police's website here in finland. It would cost me 21700 € if i got caught...i think i'll pass..
Actually 34k...counted wrong.

Last edited by Jycke; 03-13-2011 at 05:50 PM.
Old 03-13-2011, 06:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
C63, Grigio Medio E46 M3
Since i took my car out last week, ive been pulled over 4 times. Teice in one day by the same cop. Only got a ticket for no plate.. Seems like cops are on a mission this year. Bunch of hard ons....
Old 03-13-2011, 06:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
'15 E63S wagon
I got pulled over last night for a 66 in a 50. Un. *******g. believable.

Plus...

It went off, but like I said I didn't think I was doing anything wrong so I didn't think too much of it

No front plate, illegal tint, 16mph over limit, 2mo away from clean record, radar detector went off and you ignore it...and somehow you didn't think you were doing anything wrong? If you can explain that reasoning I'd be impressed. How can you even be upset? Mad at yourself maybe.

Do yourself a favor and get a lawyer. Don't even try speaking in court if this is your thought process. Sometimes stupid is expensive. I speak from experience. Learn from this one and slow down, or continue to burn wads of $$$ in court. Btw to answer your original question, IMO the judge will be most lenient if you show up with a good lawyer, dress professionally, look remorseful and let the lawyer do all of the talking.

Good luck.

Last edited by VCA_AMG; 03-13-2011 at 06:16 PM.
Old 03-13-2011, 06:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2009 C63
Originally Posted by VCA_AMG
Plus...

No front plate, illegal tint, 16mph over limit, 2mo away from clean record, radar detector went off and you ignore it...and somehow you didn't think you were doing anything wrong? If you can explain that reasoning I'd be impressed. How can you even be upset? Mad at yourself maybe.

Do yourself a favor and get a lawyer. Don't even try speaking in court if this is your thought process. Sometimes stupid is expensive. I speak from experience. Learn from this one and slow down, or continue to burn wads of $$$ in court. Btw to answer your original question, IMO the judge will be most lenient if you show up with a good lawyer, dress professionally, look remorseful and let the lawyer do all of the talking.

Good luck.
lol I knew this was coming, the model citizen that does no wrong and never drives above the speed limit. I am upset, and you're right, mostly at myself. I'm not complaining, just ranting publicly. Thanks for the input though.
Old 03-13-2011, 07:05 PM
JM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
W204
Here is a better question!

How much are you guys paying for the lawyer per ticket?
Old 03-13-2011, 07:37 PM

c200k
lol I knew this was coming, the model citizen that does no wrong and never drives above the speed limit. I am upset, and you're right, mostly at myself. I'm not complaining, just ranting publicly. Thanks for the input though.
Put your front license plate on. Even Germans have theirs on. Fix the tints. No reason for them to be the illegal ones. Don't speed. Don't expect sympathy and blame the cop for finding you as the one very visibly violating the speed limit. I'm just about imagining that you got the trivial tickets because of attitude and he felt full justification for doing so. The other one above had it right about you. What can you vent here for? You got caught!
Old 03-13-2011, 07:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'14 911S (garage queen) '13 X3 (family hauler)
Sucks to here drawde.
I've been there too many times myself.
You can go get your own driving record at the DMV, at least in MA.
I always fight my tickets, even if there's no reason to.
Most times I get them reduced, but sometimes the magistrate is a total ball buster and no plea.
Here in MA they now charge you a $75 fee for fighting every ticket, you pay whether you win or lose--it's being challenged by lawyers as unconstitutional, but I have a feeling it will stick and I have a feeling it will spread to other states.

I only hired a lawyer once for a really serious offense, I was looking at criminal charges and a $10,000 fine.
He got it reduced to a simple $100 fine for some undisclosed BS and I paid him around $1200 and called it a day.
We didn't even go in front of a judge, it was a back room deal--I was lucky to
get away so cheap

Good luck, but from my experience, unless you lawyer up you will not be getting off, maybe a plea deal, but they get sick of doing that so many times and eventually the say no.
The last one I fought, the magistrate looked at my driving history and said, 11 violations, I don't think so--next

GL
Old 03-13-2011, 08:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 381 Likes on 237 Posts
2010 Irridium Silver MB C63 AMG Sedan
Put your front license plate on. Even Germans have theirs on. Fix the tints. No reason for them to be the illegal ones. Don't speed. Don't expect sympathy and blame the cop for finding you as the one very visibly violating the speed limit. I'm just about imagining that you got the trivial tickets because of attitude and he felt full justification for doing so. The other one above had it right about you. What can you vent here for? You got caught!
It must be lonely on that island of dikface you live on all alone...^^^^^

Drawde, sorry you got a ticket. I hope you get some lenience...I know it ruins a lot of stuff and puts you in a grumpy mood. It will all work out. Thank goodness you didn't get impounded or cuffed...

Last edited by ZephyrAMG; 03-13-2011 at 08:15 PM.
Old 03-13-2011, 08:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2009 C63
I thought about handling this on my own, but in the end I'd rather pay a little more and better my chances. I'll probably find a lawyer near work and try to get something worked out.
Old 03-13-2011, 08:15 PM

c200k
Better call Saul.

http://www.bettercallsaul.com/
Old 03-13-2011, 08:18 PM

c200k
Originally Posted by ZephyrAMG
Keep imagining, sir. If it increases your security and reduces dissonance, then so be it.
Old 03-13-2011, 08:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'14 911S (garage queen) '13 X3 (family hauler)
Originally Posted by ZephyrAMG

Drawde, sorry you got a ticket. I hope you get some lenience...I know it ruins a lot of stuff and puts you in a grumpy mood. It will all work out. Thank goodness you didn't get impounded or cuffed...

X2
Well said
Old 03-13-2011, 08:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2009 C63
lol i'll give you that one.. "I don't need a criminal lawyer, i need a CRIMINAL lawyer."

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: *SIGH* another ticket.... or 3.