KLEEMANN C63 headers for $995!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-21-2011, 03:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts
2006 E55
Originally Posted by Cory @ Kleemann
65 WHP for K2 is a reasonable expectation- 80 WHP is a bit optimistic.

On that note, C63 headers are sold out. Thanks guys!!!
LOL...and thanks for the clarification!
Old 03-21-2011, 03:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
See Sig
Originally Posted by Worth the wait
Not arguing guys, just curious. I have a buddy I am trying to steer towards a used C63 and we are both curious about what's out there.

This setup with a tune should provide a solid increase and might not be as loud as the LT set ups....something of a concern to us old farts.

Clearly LT's and a more aggressive tune, say the MHP combo, will yeild more whp - however, the price difference is substantial.

I think the point being made was you could just delete the primarys and tune it and see the same gains.
Old 03-21-2011, 03:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 E63 PP, 2012 Ferrari 458, 2012 Boxster S
I went from K2 (manifolds and tune) to LTH and while I can feel the difference it is not as dramatic as you would think.

I gained 22 HP from K2 to LTH on the same dyno.

Ken
Old 03-21-2011, 04:08 PM

C63 AMG Coupe P31
Im wondering if when I get the Kleemann manifold set up and Tune done if the engine will run hotter, cooler or make no difference.

btw, I just got off the phone with the place thats doing my install and dyno and they said that the hp and tq gains are a solid 50-60 for both hp and tq. They have done this set up for a lot of C63's. The price was right. With the $995 exhaust and the $749 tune, 1744 bucks isnt too bad.

They are rounding up the packages dyno numbers for me so, Im looking forward to seeing those.
Old 03-21-2011, 04:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by KEMA
I went from K2 (manifolds and tune) to LTH and while I can feel the difference it is not as dramatic as you would think.

I gained 22 HP from K2 to LTH on the same dyno.

Ken
I remember talking to you about it in the past. That is WHP?

I gave up chasing headers due to (in order of importance to me):

1) Cost (these are still more effective than the PLM's Superlubricity tested).
2) Noise factor.
3) Emissions. If I added primary cats to headers, the difference in power between headers and primary cats vs. K2, from what I read, is not substantial which leads me back to reason #1.

Considering what a set of DPs are going for (you will still have the OEM choke point at the primary) this is a no-brainer. At this price point, I am more than willing to give up the power of the LTs. I am guessing they are blowing these out in anticipation of releasing their tube headers.

I am going to couple these up with an X-pipe from MBH; should sound awesome without the bark of LTs.

Last edited by Sincity; 03-21-2011 at 04:53 PM.
Old 03-21-2011, 04:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by CELLryuu
Im wondering if when I get the Kleemann manifold set up and Tune done if the engine will run hotter, cooler or make no difference.

btw, I just got off the phone with the place thats doing my install and dyno and they said that the hp and tq gains are a solid 50-60 for both hp and tq. They have done this set up for a lot of C63's. The price was right. With the $995 exhaust and the $749 tune, 1744 bucks isnt too bad.

They are rounding up the packages dyno numbers for me so, Im looking forward to seeing those.
Add a X-pipe from GT-Pro or MBH to round out the package.
Old 03-21-2011, 04:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
MB
Originally Posted by dodger63
So what would tune and cat delete only be?
On 91 octane, it should be 55-60 rwhp, easy, I would imagine.

93 octane, could likely hit 65 whp.
Old 03-21-2011, 04:41 PM

C63 AMG Coupe P31
Originally Posted by Sincity
Add a X-pipe from GT-Pro or MBH to round out the package.

https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...at-x-pipe.html

Wow, thats some respectable gains but I do want my car to still pass epa stuff and im taking it that an x-pipe will jeopardize this?
Old 03-21-2011, 04:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

^ Shouldn't because the Kleemann K2 comes with primary cats and the secondary cats are not monitored with an O2 sensor. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

About the X-pipe, I think the gains are only about 5 WHP by themselves and not sure what the overall gain with the K2 hardware will be.
Old 03-21-2011, 05:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 E63 PP, 2012 Ferrari 458, 2012 Boxster S
Originally Posted by Sincity
I remember talking to you about it in the past. That is WHP?
From stock to K2:

From K2 to LTH:

All runs on the same dyno performed by Kleemann Denmark.

So the difference for me was 32 HP at the crank which should translate to around 26 HP at the wheels. Additionally I'm not running the most aggressive LTHs so figure in another few HP for maximum output.

If I had to do it all over again I would probably go with the K2 package and spend the price difference on a Pulley and some exterior mods (Dads hood etc.).

You can never have too much power but remember to factor in the bleeding ears you get along with the LTHs. The K2 package was for me an aggressive sleeper while my current LTH setup is very much 'in your face'.

Ken
Old 03-21-2011, 05:30 PM

C63 AMG Coupe P31
I was also wondering on top of the engine temperature, how is fuel mileage effected with these type of modifications?
Old 03-21-2011, 05:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2013 f250 6.7 diesel
Which long tubes do you have?

From stock to K2:

From K2 to LTH:

So the difference for me was 32 HP at the crank which should translate to around 26 HP at the wheels. Additionally I'm not running the most aggressive LTHs so figure in another few HP for maximum output.

If I had to do it all over again I would probably go with the K2 package and spend the price difference on a Pulley and some exterior mods (Dads hood etc.).

You can never have too much power but remember to factor in the bleeding ears you get along with the LTHs. The K2 package was for me an aggressive sleeper while my current LTH setup is very much 'in your face'.

Ken
Old 03-21-2011, 05:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
360 Modena TT
I was also wondering on top of the engine temperature, how is fuel mileage effected with these type of modifications?
if mileage is what you are worried about , then stick to oem power and just go for looks . the more power goodies you get , the more you are going to hammer it and watch the needle fall .
Old 03-21-2011, 05:50 PM

C63 AMG Coupe P31
Originally Posted by BAD430BENZ
if mileage is what you are worried about , then stick to oem power and just go for looks . the more power goodies you get , the more you are going to hammer it and watch the needle fall .
LOL....nooo, Im not worried about gas mileage. I was just curious. I would think that better flow would mean better mileage....if you can keep your foot out of it
Old 03-21-2011, 05:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 66 Likes on 49 Posts
'08 C63 Estate
I believe he has Kleemann prototype LTH.
Old 03-21-2011, 06:26 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
M5, C63, 335Ci

I think you will see solid gains, and the price is great. HP for $ is great for that combo.

I'm having MBH headers installed on my C63 at Autoscope and will be going with the header tune they developed. I'm going to have my car dynoed before/after as well, so I'll be curious to see the difference in HP & TQ. I'll be a bit disappointed if I don't see significantly more power from my setup, but you never know.
Old 03-21-2011, 06:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 f250 6.7 diesel
Originally Posted by Worth the wait
LOL...and thanks for the clarification!
a respectable tune primary cat delete and a nice set of lightweight wheels would prob net the same dyno numbers and you would have nice wheels??? a few $$ more then the price of these manifolds - install of course thatll prob be about 1,000.00 .. could get you forgestars, throw on a set of lightweight rotors and atleast you would add performance and looks and most likely beat a car with a K2 setup!
Old 03-21-2011, 06:53 PM

C63 AMG Coupe P31
Originally Posted by qship5
I think you will see solid gains, and the price is great. HP for $ is great for that combo.

I'm having MBH headers installed on my C63 at Autoscope and will be going with the header tune they developed. I'm going to have my car dynoed before/after as well, so I'll be curious to see the difference in HP & TQ. I'll be a bit disappointed if I don't see significantly more power from my setup, but you never know.
Im considering getting a before and after dyno as well. I talked to Steve at Autoscope and he's got me all set up. Ill probably go ahead and do it if I have enough time. Ive never done a dyno before, so I might as well.

Have you set up an appointment yet?
Old 03-21-2011, 07:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

He has the "soon to be announced" Kleemann tube headers. I guess that is why they are blowing out the manifolds. Pun intended.
Old 03-21-2011, 07:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Since there are DPs out there using stock manifolds, I wonder if we can install these K2 cats with V bands and swap them out with test pipes for track use? The K2 manifolds remove the restrictive primary outlet area with a larger diameter one.
Old 03-21-2011, 07:42 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
M5, C63, 335Ci
Im considering getting a before and after dyno as well. I talked to Steve at Autoscope and he's got me all set up. Ill probably go ahead and do it if I have enough time. Ive never done a dyno before, so I might as well.

Have you set up an appointment yet?
No appointment set yet, but the headers are enroute to Steve. I'll schedule as soon as he gets them.
Old 03-22-2011, 03:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Here is a good K2 review: https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...xperience.html
Old 03-22-2011, 05:06 PM
Zod
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
CLS55 2006, CLS 63S 2015
From stock to K2:

From K2 to LTH:

Ken
Indeed you make points i believe people should take note of. People assume LTH are fine & great, but they have a big draw back as you stated and effect the daily driving experience.

a respectable tune primary cat delete and a nice set of lightweight wheels would prob net the same dyno numbers and you would have nice wheels??? a few $$ more then the price of these manifolds - install of course thatll prob be about 1,000.00 .. could get you forgestars, throw on a set of lightweight rotors and atleast you would add performance and looks and most likely beat a car with a K2 setup!
The point is he tried it and felt it and other have also. You can not comprehend the difference unless you have tried it. The whole point of making shorti's for these cars, 55k included is because of the following:

A. They do make power
B. The car is not vastly changed in how it operates (noise levels, drone, drive ability, emissions...etc)
C. No need to hack up exhaust!
D. It is generally a bolt on mod
E. Easily reversible (if you want to sell the car, do warranty work, or return it to stock)

I agree though you can take another approach for power (wheels, weight saving etc, but you can also add those with a shorti header and make more power...
Old 03-22-2011, 05:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 f250 6.7 diesel
Those kleemans are not shorties!
And almost everything you wrote in your abc stuff holds true for long tubes

Originally Posted by Zod
Indeed you make points i believe people should take note of. People assume LTH are fine & great, but they have a big draw back as you stated and effect the daily driving experience.

The point is he tried it and felt it and other have also. You can not comprehend the difference unless you have tried it. The whole point of making shorti's for these cars, 55k included is because of the following:

A. They do make power
B. The car is not vastly changed in how it operates (noise levels, drone, drive ability, emissions...etc)
E. Easily reversible (if you want to sell the car, do warranty work, or return it to stock)

I agree though you can take another approach for power (wheels, weight saving etc, but you can also add those with a shorti header and make more power...
Old 03-22-2011, 05:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Zod
With K2 on a C63, you need to cut and weld onto the stock downpipe. Not sure if anyone has cut and clamped them on yet.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: KLEEMANN C63 headers for $995!!