C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

disable headlight DRL but reroute to something else (LED)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-06-2011, 03:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
'10 C63
Question disable headlight DRL but reroute to something else (LED)

some like the new LED DRL that mercedes has on the newer models and i'm wondering, if people without it wanted to add an LED DRL to their car, would it be possible to make this happen?

i know the new c classes don't have the round fog lights like my 2010 does, but i'm assuming that they're not used as fog lights but are used as the DRL instead of the headlights turning on. is this correct? or does the headlights and the LEDs turn on together?

i know the '09 and '10 had a way of disabling the DRL headlights but is it possible to enable it, but have it turn on like a set of LED DRLs?

although i believe having DRL is nice for safety just in case cars can't see you during the day, but i never liked that it used my HID headlights. i have the DRL headlights disabled in order to extend the life of them instead of being on all the time. or is my way of thinking incorrect?
Old 04-06-2011, 03:54 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
His mama. Traded y0 mama in because she was squeaking.
If you want DRL LED's, just buy them and wire them to the battery with a relay and a switched source. You can even add a switch for those times when you don't want the LED's running in DRL mode.