MBH Headers w/ Resonated Midpipes

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-06-2011, 04:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2013 E63 AMG
MBH Headers w/ Resonated Midpipes

I'm thinking about taking the next step and getting some headers and midpipes. Right now I'm leaning toward the MBH longtubes along with their resonated, catless midpipes. My question is, will I lose any power going with the resonated midpipes compared to non-resonated? Also, does anyone out there have this exact setup that can comment on the sound level?

Thanks!
Old 04-06-2011, 05:49 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 90 Likes on 45 Posts
C63, SL55, E55, CLS55, ML63, C55
Originally Posted by xtyper
I'm thinking about taking the next step and getting some headers and midpipes. Right now I'm leaning toward the MBH longtubes along with their resonated, catless midpipes. My question is, will I lose any power going with the resonated midpipes compared to non-resonated? Also, does anyone out there have this exact setup that can comment on the sound level?

Thanks!
Thank you for considering MBH. The resonators, much like all resonator are a strait though design. We offer this option for the folks who want a slightly toned down sound. Rather than a complete in your face tone. We offer a bunch of mid-section combo, weather it be Cats, Xpipes, Hipes, strait pipes and resonators. I have to say... I haven't dyno tested a car with resonators only added to the mid-section. I don't really like to make guesses, but for the sake of tossing a number out there. I would think any losses (if any vs standard strait pipes) would be minimal. Maybe like 2-5hp? I hope this helps you. Again thank you for considering MBH.

Best Regards,
Mike
Old 04-06-2011, 06:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2013 f250 6.7 diesel
Headers!! Forget the sound wake the neighborhood up