C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Rotors / Pads - Seeking advice please

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-14-2011, 04:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
08 C63 AMG, 09 Range Rover Sport Supercharged, 09 Audi A8L, 09 Ferrari California, 08 S Class
Rotors / Pads - Seeking advice please

Guys,

Just got the 63 serviced the other day and mercedes advised me that my front and rear pads are 75% worn, and that the the front and rear break disks are showing some corrosion + they need to be replaced as well. They want to charge me 1500 pounds for all of this.

I was wondering if you guys could shed some light on this- should I go with the stock pads / disks or invest in different ones which are better?

Appreciate your advice + thanks in advance
Old 04-14-2011, 08:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2017 Mini Cooper S Clubman ALL4 - British Racing Green
Ouch... honestly, brake jobs have always been a ripoff, it is something you can easily do yourself most times (I have not tried to replace the pads on my C63 yet, its coming soon thought). I have done pads on my wife's Infiniti, my old VW and Toyota, and a friends jeep and Chevy Malibu.. those were all pretty easy, I cannot imagine ours being that difficult.

Actually, the VW was a pain as you needed a special tool to rotate and push the caliper piston simultaneously.. it was a pain...

Also.. define corrosion.. rotors are steel, by that very nature, they will rust on the surface if not used for a few days.. or almost immediately if it was raining that day... (we are not talking major rust, just the surface of the rotor turning brownish..)
Old 04-14-2011, 12:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 514 Likes on 431 Posts
07 E63 AMG, 10 C63 AMG, 07 E63 Designo, 07 E350, 09 C300, 07 C230
Replacing rotors and brake pads on these cars is easy. If I was you, I would check out evosport, they offer a complete replacment rotor kit for $2000, their much better then stock, and are rebuildable with their kit. www.evosport.com And the best part is that thie rlighter than stock. If your not mechanical take it to a independant MB shop, and have them perform the work for you.
Old 07-07-2014, 01:20 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 58 Likes on 53 Posts
CLS550
Originally Posted by mrwolf
Guys,

Just got the 63 serviced the other day and mercedes advised me that my front and rear pads are 75% worn, and that the the front and rear break disks are showing some corrosion + they need to be replaced as well. They want to charge me 1500 pounds for all of this.

I was wondering if you guys could shed some light on this- should I go with the stock pads / disks or invest in different ones which are better?

Appreciate your advice + thanks in advance
Racingbrake offers light-weight two piece rotors for your C63 AMG Mercedes.

Front Two Piece Rotors - $1,495.00
(Front include brake pads)

Rear Two Piece Rotors - $1,138.75

Weight

Front
OE one-piece 36 lbs.
OE two-piece 29 lbs.
RB two-piece 24 lbs.

Rear
OE one-piece 21.5 lbs.
RB two-piece 16.0 lbs

Brake jobs shouldn't be too hard.
Simply remove your wheel, caliper, sensors, and rotors. Then replace what needs replacing.
It does vary by vehicle though but for the most part, its a pretty easy DIY job.

Our front two piece rotors come with brake pads, saving you the trouble of sourcing them else where. We also offer the option to purchase replacement rings for a fraction of the cost,
Saving you money when its time for a rotor replacement.

Check out some of our reviews

World's First: RacingBrake 2-Piece Brake Rotors

https://mbworld.org/forums/sl-class-...squealing.html

https://mbworld.org/forums/sl-class-...ml#post6057706

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=474395
Old 07-07-2014, 05:27 PM

Received 51 Likes on 36 Posts
2024 GLE 63 S AMG SUV
Why drag up a 3 year old post?