C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Running with the C's (the other guys perspective)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-14-2011, 08:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2013 Chevy 427 Torch Red
Running with the C's (the other guys perspective)

Someone at Sebring with us posted his in car video. The C's do make a statement when passing traffic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VluJ5eSohco
Old 04-14-2011, 10:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63 AMG
Damn that guy is getting smashed out there.
Old 04-14-2011, 10:31 PM

09 c63 p30 mars red
That v6 camaro looked like a pace car that forgot to exit!!! C63's sounded badass!!!
Old 04-14-2011, 11:15 PM

C63 & Mustang Mach1(s)
Hey I have a question for all you guys who track your cars on a regular basis. All this talk by the M-3 guys about how their cars as soo much better that ours on the track. How come I never see any on the track? Have you guy had the opportunity to run any of the E9X M's? I think how easily the C takes to mods and the power level increases, any better handling characteristics the M may have has to be cancelled out by the increased power. I would welcome some informed opinions.
Nice find on the vid the little C rules.
Old 04-15-2011, 12:05 AM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
What I like!
That guy is way out of his league! Must have been a combined session... kinda dangerous for the noobs and those around them.

Nice video
Old 04-15-2011, 12:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Vegas_AMG
Hey I have a question for all you guys who track your cars on a regular basis. All this talk by the M-3 guys about how their cars as soo much better that ours on the track. How come I never see any on the track? Have you guy had the opportunity to run any of the E9X M's? I think how easily the C takes to mods and the power level increases, any better handling characteristics the M may have has to be cancelled out by the increased power. I would welcome some informed opinions.
I wonder if Z99 is still around? He tracks his car regularly. The last time I spoke with him, he mentioned he likes playing with the P-cars.
Old 04-15-2011, 11:26 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2021 Taycan Turbo, 2018 Radical SR3, 2021 Lincoln Aviator
I have raced against a couple of M3s but unfortunately few of them were stock. If they were, I'd pass them (stock), if not they'd pass me (stripped M3s with roll cages).

I would say the cars are pretty much even on the track, but it will depend on the type of track and your driving skills. If you do a lot of 100-200km/h accelerations in a lap, you will have a huge advantage over the M3s. If the track is slower, not so much...
Old 04-15-2011, 03:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MB
From what I've been told, when the C63 gets a tune and headers, the car requires even more skill to drive fast on the track than a non-tuned, otherwise stock car.

The torque is so abundant that you really have to know what you're doing to take the car to the max.

Obviously, on the straights, the modded C63 is more dominant than the M3.

I'm just passing on some recent info I heard.
Old 04-15-2011, 03:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MB
Originally Posted by chief63
I have raced against a couple of M3s but unfortunately few of them were stock. If they were, I'd pass them (stock), if not they'd pass me (stripped M3s with roll cages).

I would say the cars are pretty much even on the track, but it will depend on the type of track and your driving skills. If you do a lot of 100-200km/h accelerations in a lap, you will have a huge advantage over the M3s. If the track is slower, not so much...
Is the stock C63 suspension (non P30 package) up to par with a stock M3 suspension for road course duty?
Old 04-17-2011, 08:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 Chevy 427 Torch Red
Hopefully I can answer your question a little better after the Chin event at Road Atlanta in June. As you can see below there is quite a variety of cars registered, several of which are the ones we hear are so much better track cars than the C63.

1) Fred B Brevard, NC 2002 Chevrolet Corvette ZO6 Paid
2) Michael B Oviedo, FL 2009 Mercedes Benz AMG C63 Paid
3) Jon B Atlanta, GA 2002 Chevrolet Camaro SS Paid
4) Jonathan B Atlanta, GA 2005 Chevrolet Corvette Paid
5) Trey C Waxhaw, NC black 1998 bmw 328is Paid
6) Brent C Brentwood, TN Black 2001 Porsche 911 turbo Paid
7) Nathan D Gainesville, GA Orange 2007 Porsche GT3RS Paid
8) William D Atlanta, GA Black 2006 Ford Mustang GT Paid
9) Brian F Redondo beach, CA Silver 2003 Bmw E46 m3 Paid
10) Hayden H Atlanta, GA Grey 2011 BMW M3 Paid
11) Howard H Sanford, FL Red 2009 Mercedes Benz C63 AMG Paid
12) William K Resaca, GA 2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8 Paid