C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

FS:15# Braille Lightweight Battery

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-02-2011, 03:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GT3
FS:15# Braille Lightweight Battery

I'm going to sell the braille lightweight battery if anyone wants it. My wife is giving me a hard time about it since she drives the car during the week on occassion. She takes our 16mo son around and doesnt want any issues. That being said, I have had zero start issues with it. The car has sat for as long as 3-4 days and still starts no problem. I shouldve never told her it was in there but had to tell her make sure you dont leave the doors open because the small battery. I would keep it for track days but just found out the organization I track with just cancelled every event for the year due to pricing issues So I wont be doing the track days as planned and just no sense in keeping this battery around on a trickle charger for very little use. It is like brand new and I bought it from RPM a few weeks ago. I have a ton of references on evom.net under the same screenname if you want to check out my seller feedback. How about $140 shipped/paypaled. I paid $170. Anyone local is welcome to come by and we can do as many starts as you like. As some have recommended its probably best for track days but I honestly havent had any issues daily driving with it.

Old 05-02-2011, 06:32 PM

AMG GTS
would you include that awesome bracket that you have with it?
Old 05-02-2011, 06:55 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Sorry you can't use the battery but telling your wife was probably the right thing to do. The day she left a light on for a while and got stuck and found out you have a small battery, she would be cursing you and, if she found you you got it from me, she would be cursing me too. Good luck with the newest member of your family, if you need anything else for your car, feel free to give us a call.
Old 05-03-2011, 01:20 AM

GT3
Originally Posted by midnyite
would you include that awesome bracket that you have with it?
I dont know about it being awesome but I will definitely include it. It was some bracket stuff I had laying around Works pretty good though. The cables themselves keep it pretty tight.
Old 05-03-2011, 01:22 AM

GT3
Originally Posted by Staff@RPM
Sorry you can't use the battery but telling your wife was probably the right thing to do. The day she left a light on for a while and got stuck and found out you have a small battery, she would be cursing you and, if she found you you got it from me, she would be cursing me too. Good luck with the newest member of your family, if you need anything else for your car, feel free to give us a call.
Yeah sometimes the right thing isnt always what you wanna do But I did have to tell her to be cautious. She forgets the lights while doing make up etc And thanks on best wishes for the little guy. He is awesome. And will definitely be in touch for other items. Thanks for everything.
Old 05-03-2011, 10:32 AM

2010 C63
I wouldn't worry about it too much. The car shuts off all the lights after about 5 minutes anyway. My daughter is always leaving the back seat lights on, but they go out by themselves and I don't notice they are on until several days later when I get in at night to go somewhere.
Old 05-03-2011, 11:30 AM

GT3
Originally Posted by ATL_MB
I wouldn't worry about it too much. The car shuts off all the lights after about 5 minutes anyway. My daughter is always leaving the back seat lights on, but they go out by themselves and I don't notice they are on until several days later when I get in at night to go somewhere.
Now if I could just get the wife to shut off after 5 minutes of complaining about it LOL... Nah just playin. She isnt being bad about it. I worry about it more than her probably. I just know how she is... Ive tested this thing pretty good by letting the car sit days and multiple back to back starts. No problems. But just the worry in the back of your mind eats at ya. Ive run mini batteries in every car I have ever owned and never one problem. But I never had a 15mo baby in the back to worry about. Actually I did have one bad experience. I bought a mega $$$ volkthreaks lithium and it caught on fire on the dyno But standard mini batteries have never let me down. If I was going to utilize the battery as expected then I would just keep it. But with no track days in sight at the moment the concern is hard to justify. I have no problems keeping it on a trickle charger and using it from time to time but I figure someone else will get better use out of it.
Old 05-03-2011, 02:30 PM

GT3
Sold and shipped. Thanks for looking guys.
Old 05-03-2011, 02:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts
Yes
Beware of this seller................

........he wears womens underwear
Old 05-03-2011, 04:29 PM

GT3
Originally Posted by rory breaker
Beware of this seller................

........he wears womens underwear
hahahaha. lol... Only when asked by one of my wives hawt friends lol.... When you coming to visit? Your lease is almost up, whats next?
And I've got a nice hood for you if your gonna keep her You know where Im headed

Last edited by Most-Wanted; 05-03-2011 at 04:31 PM.