I hate tow hooks...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-13-2011, 01:37 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2008 C63
I hate tow hooks...

I need to vent...

I went out to lunch today, and normally I don't drive to places that I have to parallel park. However, today we brought a new guy that really wanted a ride in the car. When we arrive, there are two spots right out front, which is great. This means I should be able to see my car and anything that could potentially happen. Well, we get seated in a way that I can't see the car, and I come out to what everyone hates to see; a massive, beaten up, construction dodge ram... with a tow hook.

Under normal circumstances I walk around the car. Well, I went straight to the front to take a look. The guy hit me twice just behind where a license plate would be. To his credit, it's not terrible. However, I just got my clear bra fixed on Wednesday, and now there are two marks on it. One is pretty substantial, but the paint still looks fine (not sure until the clear bra is removed).

I would usually just walk over to the construction site and demand to speak with the foreman to find out who owns the truck, but I had people with me. I'm trying to convince myself it's just the clear bra, and things could be much worse, but I'll forever know that mark is there.

If the guy had just punched a hole straight through my bumper, I'd atleast have a reason for action. However with this mark, I feel a little ridiculous putting in a tonne of work to get him to pay for part of a clear bra. To be honest, I doubt anyone besides me will notice.

I snagged a picture of the guy's truck and license plate. Still contemplating whether or not to do anything about it.

FML.
Old 05-13-2011, 01:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2009 c63, 2010 E63
****, i hate **** like that.
Old 05-13-2011, 08:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 381 Likes on 237 Posts
2010 Irridium Silver MB C63 AMG Sedan
Stupid idiots. Of all places to park, he needs to pull his *** right up yours....and the nerve to hit your car???!!!!
Old 05-13-2011, 08:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C63
Sorry to hear about that....
Same thing happened to my Escalade a while back. Parked it on the street, walk out after wards to see a white van backed up into my front bumper and cracked the clear coat. I was sooo mad!!!