Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-16-2011, 09:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c63 amg
C63 coupe review with video by EVO UK

Just saw this. enjoy.

http://www.evo.co.uk/carreviews/evoc...eo_review.html

Do you think we should sell our sedan for the coupe?
Old 05-16-2011, 10:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
MB
Seems like almost every reviewer finds the M3 a little bit better.

I haven't driven the M3. Is it possible the C63 (even just the coupe) and the M3 are too different to really compare. I know this is a silly question, and I know the cars are meant to be competition per manufacturer design and price range, but wouldn't you think MB/AMG could make a better handling car than the current model E92 M3, given how long the current M3 has been out?

At any rate, so far the reviews for the new coupe are excellent. And big props too MB/AMG for the design and execution of their new model.

Obviously, the M156 still reigns supreme and is almost universally recognized as such.

On a different note, I barely care when the C63 is compared to the Audi, considering how much disappointment it can evoke in its reviewers.

Thanks for posting the link. Really enjoyed the vid.
Old 05-16-2011, 11:27 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Miserly mpg, exhibitionist torque (i.e. Q5 TDI)
Originally Posted by SonnyakaPig
Seems like almost every reviewer finds the M3 a little bit better.

I haven't driven the M3. Is it possible the C63 (even just the coupe) and the M3 are too different to really compare. I know this is a silly question, and I know the cars are meant to be competition per manufacturer design and price range, but wouldn't you think MB/AMG could make a better handling car than the current model E92 M3, given how long the current M3 has been out?

At any rate, so far the reviews for the new coupe are excellent. And big props too MB/AMG for the design and execution of their new model.

Obviously, the M156 still reigns supreme and is almost universally recognized as such.

On a different note, I barely care when the C63 is compared to the Audi, considering how much disappointment it can evoke in its reviewers.

Thanks for posting the link. Really enjoyed the vid.
I tested the c63 and m3 nearly back to back when I was on the test drive circuit. I went into the process assuming I'd get an m3. And both are great. But two different personalities. M3 is nimbler, lighter on its feet; evo's mention that it is a better track car I think has it right. But the c63 is a sledgehammer, a rocket, just a total atomic blast of fun to drive. I'm sure it does not sling around track corners with the grace of an M3, but, frankly, I could care less. If I wanted a track car I'd skip both and get a porsche or a lotus or something.
Old 05-17-2011, 12:03 AM

2015 Porsche C2S, 2014 ML63 AMG, & 2012 Maserati Quattroporte S
Originally Posted by Wolvesq
I tested the c63 and m3 nearly back to back when I was on the test drive circuit. I went into the process assuming I'd get an m3. And both are great. But two different personalities. M3 is nimbler, lighter on its feet; evo's mention that it is a better track car I think has it right. But the c63 is a sledgehammer, a rocket, just a total atomic blast of fun to drive. I'm sure it does not sling around track corners with the grace of an M3, but, frankly, I could care less. If I wanted a track car I'd skip both and get a porsche or a lotus or something.
+1. I totally agree with you.

I am considering very hard to get the C63 Coupe next year and there's tonnes of potential to mod the car. I don't care if some of you think it looks like a Honda Accord, I could care less.
Old 05-17-2011, 12:56 AM

C63 AMG
Chris Harris owns an m3. So I'm guessing he's an M fanboy.
Old 06-03-2011, 03:01 PM

96 c220, 02 M3, 05 C55
for some reason, I'd go for the C63 coupe or sedan over the M3. In fact, I'll b ordering a coupe w/ the AMG pack. I currently have an e46 M3 n a C55 and my gf has a E46 330Ci w/ Dinan ECU n Tranny flash n a E90 M3. I spent a lot of time driving them. First of all, the BMW seats are back-killing. For every 1 problem I get from the C55, I get 4 in the BMWs (all of them, pretty much the same problems, always give me headaches!!!). The agility on the E90 M3 is the most precise at cornering and any other instantaneous maneuvering, but even when comparing with the e46 M3 or 330ci, it already lack the bonding between the road and your hands that you get from the E46s. Fortunately, the E90 is 6spd manual, otherwise the fun factor would be like driving the 330ci. The stock C55 can't really keep up with the 330ci's cornering (not to mention about the E46 m3), but with H&R springs, it can (not with the e90 m3). However, I enjoy driving the C55 the most. The sensation to speed is pleasing. The jerk (derivative of acceleration) feels satisfying. Being a high-rev engine, you need to explore the redlines on both M3s to make your driving experience pleasing. Then, the fuel economy, the C55 does 22mpg highway, 12.5 city. the 330Ci does 21.5/13, E46 M3 19/11, E90 M3 17/10. Finally, when I test drove the C63 @ a dealership, it is better than the C55 in every aspect. With driving pleasure as the priority, I'd choose the C63 coupe over the E92 M3.

Last edited by merkurxr4ti; 06-03-2011 at 03:03 PM.
Old 06-04-2011, 07:46 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2021 Taycan Turbo, 2018 Radical SR3, 2021 Lincoln Aviator
A C63 can be slightly modified to easily beat an M3 if u want to track the car. And by beating an M3 I mean really whoop their tails, like the cars are not in the same league. On the other hand not many easy mods on the M3s side that will allow it to beat a modded C63.

Taking into account no serious racers drive stock cars, it's a big advantage!