C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Evosport (advice needed)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-22-2011, 03:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 E63 PP, 2012 Ferrari 458, 2012 Boxster S
Angry Evosport (advice needed)

As some of you may remember I posted a thread earlier this year outlining my disappointment with Evosport. Basically I pre paid for a Pulley back in October 2010 and I've never seen the shadow of the product nor the promised return of funds.

I have now written in excess of 50 emails to Evosport. Some have received a response stating that my funds will be wired back but despite me re sending my bank details and sending several reminders nothing is happening.

So as you can imagine I've had enough. Yes this is 'only' a USD1300 transaction all inclusive and I could walk away from this disappointment and sign it up to me being too naive and pre paying for a product but pride dictates otherwise.

So if you were in my shoes what would you do? File a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and/or hand the case over to a lawyer in CA to give it a go? Walk away? The time I've spent on this in the last 6 months far outweighs the value of this transaction.

Last but not least, Evosport posted in my last thread indicating that my facts and post were not accurate. I will offer any respected member on this forum full insight into all the emails written to confirm that everything I have written is nothing but the truth.

Ken
Old 05-22-2011, 04:00 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2011_C350
Originally Posted by KEMA

Yes this is 'only' a USD1300 transaction all inclusive
Mercedes pulleys are over one thousand dollars?

What will you bank do for you? - My gut says it may be too late...
Old 05-22-2011, 04:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
2011 P31 C63 2015 CLA45
Business relations should always end on a good note. 1300 is nothing to scoff at. It's the principle of it that matters. You gave Evosport more than enough time to take care of the incident. I recommend doing what your gut says. Can't always slap them on the wridt, or else they will continue the vicious cycle till someone steps up to the plate.
Old 05-22-2011, 04:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C63
I don't care if a business has taken $1 or $10,000 from me, I would go after them and do everything in my power to get the money back because its the principle of the thing. How can a company take $1300 from you and "forget" to send you your pulley? Something sounds fishy....
Either get your pulley or get your money back. There is no way I would let this slide.
Old 05-22-2011, 04:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Agreed with above. Still, $1300 is no "chump-change."
Old 05-22-2011, 04:58 PM

C63 AMG
Hope this thread does not get locked or moved.

I told you guys of the organized campaign by some sponsors to pressure social medai so people won't know due to their cash-flow issues the are struggling to honor orders.

You would have found put about this vendor had this forum not moderated to death any negative news about this vendor.

Their are lots on the Internet with the same issue.

There is a better forum when it comes to outing fraudulent sponsors and vendors but this forum bans your from mentioning it. Hint part of our cars name and add forced induction or try google.

Sorry for your loss but the truth is many people have had issues with this vendor and the Sunna and broadstreet and other credit reports on this business speak for themselfs

Also remember this vendor made it on jalopnik and it was not a positive feature on them but basically compare their actions to some pretty famous turner shop frauds including "dark liquore". The also did a piec on how this vendor and daddy tried to sue this story and the other forum.
Old 05-22-2011, 05:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
MB
May I ask, if you were to speculate, what is Evosports' position on your particulat transaction? What would they say in rebbutal to your assertion that you paid for a product that was not delivered and now they are keeping your money?
Old 05-22-2011, 05:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 429 Likes on 352 Posts
2012 C63;1971 280SE 3.5(Sold);2023 EQS 450 SUV 4 Matic (Wife's)
Kema sorry to hear you have been kept on hold for so long.

Some members have received product after long waits but pulleys may not have been one of the products. Hard to keep track of it all.

This is really unacceptable of Evosport to take someones money up front without the ability to deliver a product. Making some one wait 7 months for a pulley without a fair and honest resolution to the problem is more than unfair to any customer.

Maybe Evosport should be banned as a sponsor to this site or put on suspension until these issues are cleared up to all members satisfaction!
Old 05-22-2011, 05:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2013 f250 6.7 diesel
It's not even worth talking about this on this forum you will most likely get a pm from a mod saying to contact a Lawyer and not continue this on this "nonpublic forum"
Old 05-22-2011, 05:14 PM

C63 AMG
Their rebuttal will be am SMS tithe powers that be to lock/move/loose this thread like everyother time they have an issue.

Then they will find one sympethic guy and make him
Whole so he can Bragg to the Internet that evosport made Hume whole and are great guys.

In the end the other people still
Won't get their product. These guys have been having problems shipping product and doing good business even in 06 according to other car brand forms on the internet.

The pattern of behavior was the same.

Then try came up wight the idea to establish forums so they could promote and control the discussion of their products

Now this forum is supposedly free of their ownership but the last 1 year of all the bad things they did that this forum for what ever reason felt te need to provide cover for them.

In the end I think they know the cat is out of the bag. I'm sure you will find at least 100 others on the internet with unskilled wrongshipped or other issues from these guys.

It funny seeing how they jumped on MHP during their problem times
Old 05-22-2011, 05:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Vath ML63 Brabus C63 SL63 CLK63BS C63BS
I have never bought a product off Evosport

However as a general statement, to accept a customer's money without any ability to fill that person's order borders on fraud.

If accurate, this situation is a disgrace.

Last edited by Maverick1975; 05-22-2011 at 06:36 PM.
Old 05-22-2011, 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by SonnyakaPig
May I ask, if you were to speculate, what is Evosports' position on your particulat transaction? What would they say in rebbutal to your assertion that you paid for a product that was not delivered and now they are keeping your money?
Evosport has never refuted or otherwise claimed there were any kind of conflict or misunderstanding with this transaction.

They sent me a sales invoice which I paid 7 months ago and since then all I've received from their end is a host of excuses why the Pulley was not delivered and later why the funds were not returned. A few examples:

Our latest batch of pulleys did not make it through quality control.
I've been sick
We have been moving to a new location
We lost your bank details
Your return was submitted but unfortunately there were not any money on the account (yes really)
Will be processed this week (3 months ago)
Etc etc etc.

Ken
Old 05-22-2011, 05:24 PM

2001 Cobra, 2009 C63
I understand that forums are sponsored, but this is unacceptable. Without us - the consumers, neither this forum nor the businesses that support the forum would exist. Both the forum and vendors, sponsors or not should highly value the business they receive. Evosport needs to make this right and the forum should support the individual members!

If you have the means and the time, I would go forward about this with an attorney since you have the proof! Maybe that alone would force them to settle!
Old 05-22-2011, 05:24 PM

C63 AMG
Originally Posted by dodger63
It's not even worth talking about this on this forum you will most likely get a pm from a mod saying to contact a Lawyer and not continue this on this "nonpublic forum"
Basicly sponsor Money talks and forum members who get ripped off can walk.

The basic idea is cover up suppress negative talk and hope the guy can afford legal help.

The fact that this forums supports this type of heavy handed manipulation let's you know why so many are calling mbworld out for straight sponsor whoring.

If the whole evosport supercharger fiasco PR the revalition of their investment prospectus (show some company $$$ details)

Time for mbworld to cut ties with this sponsor you are losing the faith of the membership on how these related Issues are being handled or should I say mishandled on this forum.

Oh and by the way the users/members of this site make it and not the sponsors. We provide the content the pictures the discussion the page views the videos.

Sponsors != members prob except here
Old 05-22-2011, 05:30 PM
Super Moderator

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
GMC - Miata - Trek - P-Car
KEMA, good luck getting this straightened out.

Originally Posted by dodger63
Is this thread still open? I'll get right on it.
Old 05-22-2011, 05:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 66 Likes on 49 Posts
'08 C63 Estate
Ken, just contact the lawyer and get your money back.
8 months is enough and 50 emails is insane.

Good luck !
Old 05-22-2011, 05:34 PM

2006 CLS500 - Iridium Silver w/ AMG Sportline
As some of you may remember I posted a thread earlier this year outlining my disappointment with Evosport. Basically I pre paid for a Pulley back in October 2010 and I've never seen the shadow of the product nor the promised return of funds.

I have now written in excess of 50 emails to Evosport. Some have received a response stating that my funds will be wired back but despite me re sending my bank details and sending several reminders nothing is happening.

So as you can imagine I've had enough. Yes this is 'only' a USD1300 transaction all inclusive and I could walk away from this disappointment and sign it up to me being too naive and pre paying for a product but pride dictates otherwise.

So if you were in my shoes what would you do? File a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and/or hand the case over to a lawyer in CA to give it a go? Walk away? The time I've spent on this in the last 6 months far outweighs the value of this transaction.

Last but not least, Evosport posted in my last thread indicating that my facts and post were not accurate. I will offer any respected member on this forum full insight into all the emails written to confirm that everything I have written is nothing but the truth. I'd

Ken
BBB complaints are worthless IMHO. Buyers might check on a contractor or the like before doing business, but not generally in cases like this.

To me, this is simple: lawyer. I would out of principle. How many times do you need to be told they'll take care of it? For me, not more than 2X. Sometimes you have to get out a stick to be taken seriously. If you don't, they'll be just as bold with the next guy they decide to stick it to.

Last edited by boschk; 05-22-2011 at 05:37 PM.
Old 05-22-2011, 05:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 f250 6.7 diesel
Originally Posted by splinter
KEMA, good luck getting this straightened out.

Is this thread still open? I'll get right on it.
I didn't mention locking the thread, did I?
Old 05-22-2011, 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by slowbra01
I understand that forums are sponsored, but this is unacceptable. Without us - the consumers, neither this forum nor the businesses that support the forum would exist. Both the forum and vendors, sponsors or not should highly value the business they receive. Evosport needs to make this right and the forum should support the individual members!

If you have the means and the time, I would go forward about this with an attorney since you have the proof! Maybe that alone would force them to settle!
The forum should let the buyer and seller work it out, live on the forum if they so choose. No reason for MBW to moderate it, save it turning to personal attacks and the like. If both parties keep the gloves up in the process, I see no reason for MBW to get involved at all.
Old 05-22-2011, 05:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 f250 6.7 diesel
Typical I think they have automatic email responses that says those on different days of the week.. I'm out don't want to be on probation for a month again!! Good luck..

Evosport has never refuted or otherwise claimed there were any kind of conflict or misunderstanding with this transaction.

They sent me a sales invoice which I paid 7 months ago and since then all I've received from their end is a host of excuses why the Pulley was not delivered and later why the funds were not returned. A few examples:

Our latest batch of pulleys did not make it through quality control.
I've been sick
We have been moving to a new location
We lost your bank details
Your return was submitted but unfortunately there were not any money on the account (yes really)
Will be processed this week (3 months ago)
Etc etc etc.

Ken
Old 05-22-2011, 05:44 PM

Thanks for all the advice and support guys. I will hand this over to a lawyer tomorrow.

If anyone knows or has experience with a decent lawyer in CA please send me a PM.

Ken
Old 05-22-2011, 05:53 PM

2001 Cobra, 2009 C63
Originally Posted by boschk
The forum should let the buyer and seller work it out, live on the forum if they so choose. No reason for MBW to moderate it, save it turning to personal attacks and the like. If both parties keep the gloves up in the process, I see no reason for MBW to get involved at all.
That's exactly what i meant. Let them settle it and allow the individual member to post the progress or outcome if he chooses to make it public (which i hope because it's information like this that keeps other members from dealing with bad businesses).

On that note, if evosport makes this right, i'd be more comfortable about getting their rotors!
Old 05-22-2011, 06:13 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C63 AMG Coupe P31
+1

I am about to be in the market for some of their two piece light weight rotors....but im not even going to consider ordering them until they make your situation right.

I for one am glad that you spoke up to people in the forum so that we are aware of the dangers of dealing with them.
Old 05-22-2011, 06:21 PM

Even if they make it right, can't unsmell a rather stinky fart. No excuse to let it get to this point IMHO. I don't see anything evosport in my future.
Old 05-22-2011, 07:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Vath ML63 Brabus C63 SL63 CLK63BS C63BS
Originally Posted by boschk
Even if they make it right, can't unsmell a rather stinky fart. No excuse to let it get to this point IMHO. I don't see anything evosport in my future.
Yes its reall hard to get the sh*t back into the horse in circumstances like this

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Evosport (advice needed)