MBH Headers/Mids & DynoComp Tune

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-24-2011, 04:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2013 E63 AMG
MBH Headers/Mids & DynoComp Tune

Anybody have any experience running this setup? If so, what are your thoughts?

I'm still trying to figure out which header/tune combo to go with, and this is one of my options. I know the MHP S2 package is highly recommended with proven results, but I wouldn't mind being a little different going with this combo since it seems to be a quality product with similar gains.

Any information would be very helpful.

Thanks guys.

Last edited by xtyper; 05-24-2011 at 04:49 PM.
Old 05-24-2011, 05:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Originally Posted by xtyper

I'm still trying to figure out which header/tune combo to go with, and this is one of my options. I know the MHP S2 package is highly recommended with proven results, but I wouldn't mind being a little different going with this combo since it seems to be a quality product with similar gains.

Thanks guys.
Petro maybe selling his MBH headers if you're looking for a good deal
Old 05-24-2011, 05:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2013 f250 6.7 diesel

Thanks guys.
One way to find out, it definatly is a quality product! Gl
Old 05-24-2011, 08:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 E63 AMG
Ok, I just emailed James at ACGSD that I've decided to be a little different and go with this MBH/DynoComp setup. Hoping to have it installed this Friday with pre & post dyno results.

Crossing my fingers that going this route gets me the results I'm looking for.

We shall see.
Old 05-24-2011, 08:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 f250 6.7 diesel
Ok, I just emailed James at ACGSD that I've decided to be a little different and go with this MBH/DynoComp setup. Hoping to have it installed this Friday with pre & post dyno results.

Crossing my fingers that going this route gets me the results I'm looking for.

We shall see.
Is there anyone else on the forum running this or will you be the "first"
Old 05-24-2011, 08:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 E63 AMG
Originally Posted by dodger63
Is there anyone else on the forum running this or will you be the "first"
That's what I was trying to find out with my initial post. Based on the minimal responses so far, looks like I will be the first.
Old 05-24-2011, 08:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG
^^ Youa re not the first. MBH already posted gains of 110whp on a mustang Dyno when they were advertizing their products (do a search on MBH). Good combo in my opinion.
The tuner that tunes at Dynocomp(Richard Garcia) has years and years and years of experience tunning cars, he tuned one of my cars back in 2004.

Here is the link (scroll down once you open the page):

https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...-software.html

My main questions is why MBH hasn't built a true 4-1 long tube headers yet. I know that the Tri-Y gives a good response and power in the mid range and top end but the 4-1 Long tubes seems to be top performer..

Last edited by C63newdude; 05-24-2011 at 08:48 PM.
Old 05-24-2011, 08:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 E63 AMG
Originally Posted by C63newdude
^^ Youa re not the first. MBH already posted gains of 110whp on a mustang Dyno when they were advertizing their products (do a search on MBH). Good combo in my opinion.
The tuner that tunes at Dynocomp(Richard Garcia) has years and years and years of experience tunning cars, he tuned one of my cars back in 2004.

Here is the link (scroll down once you open the page):

https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...-software.html

My main questions is why MBH hasn't built a true 4-1 long tube headers yet. I know that the Tri-Y gives a good response and power in the mid range and top end but the 4-1 Long tubes seems to be top performer..
Thanks for the info. I actually did find that thread, but was hoping to get some independent customer feedback since I didn't see any in there. Maybe the person who owns that car will chime in here.
Old 05-24-2011, 09:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG
I think that there is another member on this forum with a CLS(not a C) that had his car tuned and also has the MBH headers. The meber user name is rrafinacial (I believe).
You let us know what you find.
Old 05-24-2011, 09:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 f250 6.7 diesel
Yea me to.. Independent is the only thing I would care about!? And it seems the tri y loses a bit of low end torque as seen by petro..
Old 05-24-2011, 11:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
bhAMG was one of the first few running MBH headers but they were working with Renntech on the tune at the time. Since you already have the K1 tune, you could pair the K2 tune at a small upgrade fee with the headers. Hhughes is running MHP headers with a Kleemann tune.
Old 05-25-2011, 12:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63
Didn't you have the OE tune at one point?
Old 05-25-2011, 12:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 E63 AMG
Originally Posted by _AMG_
Didn't you have the OE tune at one point?
Yes, first tune I tried was OE Tune. While I have nothing but good things to say about Jeremy and his tune, I recently decided to try out the Kleemann k1 tune since ultimately I anticipated going with Kleemann hardware. All I can say is that you can't go wrong with either of these products.
Old 05-25-2011, 01:01 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
M5, C63, 335Ci
I am running the MBH headers with the DynoComp header tune on my C63 and have been very pleased with the results. I still have secondary cats, but can tell you that the car is night and day faster than it was with my Renntech tune and the OE log manifolds.
Old 05-25-2011, 01:04 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 90 Likes on 45 Posts
C63, SL55, E55, CLS55, ML63, C55
To answer some of your questions. Rich (owner of Dyno-Comp) has been tuning car for quite some time now. The list would be to long to list what Rich has tuned, and done so safely. To have a car custom dyno tuned by Rich at Dyno-Comp is at least a 1 month wait these days. Thats custom tuning about 3-4 cars a day. Thats not even a joke.

Richard is really the only person I know tuning cars, that hold an Engineering degree and has worked at the proving grounds for a major car company. Richard and Dyno-Comp's reputation in Arizona is a good one. You can finance a Dyno-Comp built car from many of the major local dealers. Including Schumacher Mercedes in Scottsdale.

As for the header question: We build a 4 in1 header for every other car (AMG) other than the 63's. I'm always open to making things for new and old cars. I have such a passion for AMG's and Mercedes. I even build headers for cars that are not big markets. Like the G55, S55, and C230. When others only want to cover 1 or 2 cars needs. We want to cover them all. Now covering 18 different Mercedes and still growing.

With all the cars that we do cover, we move a wide variety of headers. With craftsmanship being a top priority, none of our headers have ever failed in their construction. Right now, I'm pretty content with they styles, performance, and build quality of all of our header systems. That certainly doesn't mean I'm not open to doing other things, even if its for the same platform.

Best Regards,
Mike
MBH Motorsports

Last edited by MBH motorsports; 05-25-2011 at 01:25 AM.
Old 05-25-2011, 01:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 E63 AMG
Thanks Mike for taking the time to reply. Great information!
Old 05-25-2011, 11:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

BTW-If you decide to run the Kleemann header tune, James @ ACGSD can load it for you. You just need to notify Cory so he can prepare the file and have it sent to ACGSD.
Old 05-25-2011, 12:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 E63 AMG
Originally Posted by Sincity
BTW-If you decide to run the Kleemann header tune, James @ ACGSD can load it for you. You just need to notify Cory so he can prepare the file and have it sent to ACGSD.
Thanks, I may just go this route after all. Makes sense at least to start with the Kleemann header tune since minimal fees apply before I spend major $ on another vendor's tune.
Old 05-25-2011, 12:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
360 Modena TT
Thanks, I may just go this route after all. Makes sense at least to start with the Kleemann header tune since minimal fees apply before I spend major $ on another vendor's tune.
why spend money on a " for the time being " tune ? why not just wait , and either save up , or pull the trigger now on a better tune
Old 05-25-2011, 12:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 E63 AMG
Originally Posted by BAD430BENZ
why spend money on a " for the time being " tune ? why not just wait , and either save up , or pull the trigger now on a better tune
That's just it, I wouldn't really have to spend any money for the upgraded header matched Kleemann tune since I already purchased the K1 tune. Depending on the results of pairing that tune with the MBH Headers, I will decide whether to spend additional $ for another vendor's tune if it more fully optmizes the setup.
Old 05-25-2011, 01:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2012 CTS-V
xtyper,

Whatever you do, make sure you do plenty of research. A matched
tune/header combo is probably a better solution.

The easiest thing for me to do was to try the Dyno-Comp tune since
I already had the headers/mids but with no proven C63 track results
I was hesitant to take the plunge so I went elsewhere and I am very
happy.
Old 05-25-2011, 02:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

The wise thing now is to pay the small upgrade fee and James has the tool to do it while he is getting the headers installed at ACGSD. No downtime in having the ECU sent out. Hhughes has the Kleemann tune with MHP headers, and if IIRC, so does Alqamzi. I believe there are more than a few with the same setup. If he doesn't like the tune, then spend the money for a new one.
Old 05-25-2011, 02:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 E63 AMG
Originally Posted by PetroC63
xtyper,

Whatever you do, make sure you do plenty of research. A matched
tune/header combo is probably a better solution.

The easiest thing for me to do was to try the Dyno-Comp tune since
I already had the headers/mids but with no proven C63 track results
I was hesitant to take the plunge so I went elsewhere and I am very
happy.
Yes, I agree, it would be ideal to have a matched combo. But I'm hesitant to go with the MBH/DynoComp package for the reason you point out, that there is very limited independent experiences out there with the setup.

At this point I've pretty much narrowed it down to two options:
1) MHP Stage 2 Package (headers, catless mids, v3 CDT tune)
2) MBH headers, catless resonated mids, Kleemann tune

Noise levels and package prices equal, I would go Option 1 no doubt. But since Option 1 will actually cost me about $1500 more and be louder, I'm currently leaning toward Option 2.
Old 05-25-2011, 02:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 E63 AMG
Originally Posted by Sincity
The wise thing now is to pay the small upgrade fee and James has the tool to do it while he is getting the headers installed at ACGSD. No downtime in having the ECU sent out. Hhughes has the Kleemann tune with MHP headers, and if IIRC, so does Alqamzi. I believe there are more than a few with the same setup. If he doesn't like the tune, then spend the money for a new one.
Exactly my thinking.
Old 05-25-2011, 02:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 75 Likes on 50 Posts
Hyperion's Candy-Coated 4 x 4
Hmm, maybe I should dyno my car with the MBH headers and Powerchip Stage 2 tune that I got from ACG and see the results.....

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: MBH Headers/Mids & DynoComp Tune