Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-01-2011, 07:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 101 Likes on 50 Posts
09 C63
dealer flash ecu back to stock

when and why would a dealer do this?
if you have a tune, can a dealer actually flash it back?

this hasnt happened to me, just curious if it is actually possible?

h.
Old 06-01-2011, 08:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
C63
sure is possible. if they update firmware they will overwrite tune. how did you find out? did they tell you or does the invoice say?
Old 06-01-2011, 08:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 101 Likes on 50 Posts
09 C63
no hasnt happened to me otherwise id have engine light on lol, just curious if its possible. do they need to remove the ecu? or can they just do it from the obd port? also if they were to clear codes, would they delete the tune?

h.
Old 06-01-2011, 08:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63
they load through obd port. but no they should be able to clear codes without reflashing. a dealer reflash would be their last resort. (and now that I re-read your post it says hasn't reading > me)
Old 06-02-2011, 12:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 107 Likes on 75 Posts
2018 AMG GTR, 2017 GLS63, 2019 C63s
Originally Posted by JeffDL
they load through obd port. but no they should be able to clear codes without reflashing. a dealer reflash would be their last resort. (and now that I re-read your post it says hasn't reading > me)
I agree. Also every startek document I have seen ( I subscribed to it for awhile) is so much structured where the dealer has to follow flow charts exactly and provide documentation before doing any updates, flashes, etc. I seems that the dealer plugs the car in, follows the instructions and then it is in the hands of MB servers to download the material. Very restricted IMO.

My SA has basically convinced me that until a cel is lit, not to worry and even if it is, there are steps before just flashing ecu as the first step. His advice has been that if there is a cel send ecu back to tuner to reflash to stock first then bring the car in. FYI my SA is all about modifying his own cars and does not secretely work for the "man."
Old 06-02-2011, 01:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
AMG GLC63. Audi R8
Originally Posted by cyberorth
I agree. Also every startek document I have seen ( I subscribed to it for awhile) is so much structured where the dealer has to follow flow charts exactly and provide documentation before doing any updates, flashes, etc. I seems that the dealer plugs the car in, follows the instructions and then it is in the hands of MB servers to download the material. Very restricted IMO.

My SA has basically convinced me that until a cel is lit, not to worry and even if it is, there are steps before just flashing ecu as the first step. His advice has been that if there is a cel send ecu back to tuner to reflash to stock first then bring the car in. FYI my SA is all about modifying his own cars and does not secretely work for the "man."

Seems that's why the after market tuners have not be able yet to crack the ECU to mod it through the OBD2 port.
Old 06-02-2011, 08:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63
as a side note if you do get reflased I'm pretty sure all tuners will reflash back for free. Well Kleemann does at least.