C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

2012 C63 - Ordering LSD without AMG Development Pkg?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-03-2011, 03:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2016 Audi S3
2012 C63 - Ordering LSD without AMG Development Pkg?

This may have already been asked somewhere on here, or it may still be too early, but does anyone happen to know if you can order the Limited Slip Differential option on a 2012 C63 without ordering the AMG Development Package?

If I remember correctly, Mercedes used to make you get the additional "performance" or "development" package in order to be able to get the optional Limited Slip Differential.

Just curious if it will be the same with the 2012 as well.

Thanks.
Old 06-03-2011, 04:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
2011 P31 C63 2015 CLA45
Yes, the P31 and LSD are separate options at 6k, and 2k, respectively. I'm pretty sure MB never forced us to buy any.
Old 06-03-2011, 05:48 PM

2016 Audi S3
Originally Posted by khmergod
Yes, the P31 and LSD are separate options at 6k, and 2k, respectively. I'm pretty sure MB never forced us to buy any.
Thanks for the info. I may be wrong, but I had thought that when the C63 first came out you had to get the performance/development package in order to get the LSD. Maybe is was part of the package back then, can't remember.

Even though it is listed as a stand alone option, I am hoping they don't make you get another option (i.e. development package) before you are allowed to get the LSD. A lot of companies seem to be doing that these days. Audi did it with the titanium package on the S4 for 2012. It is listed as a stand alone option but you can only get it if you first get the prestige package. I hate having to buy options I don't want just to get the privilege to buy one I do want.

Anyway, hopefully the official order guide with prices will be out soon.
Old 06-03-2011, 05:57 PM

GT3
Originally Posted by rparker35
Thanks for the info. I may be wrong, but I had thought that when the C63 first came out you had to get the performance/development package in order to get the LSD. Maybe is was part of the package back then, can't remember.

Even though it is listed as a stand alone option, I am hoping they don't make you get another option (i.e. development package) before you are allowed to get the LSD. A lot of companies seem to be doing that these days. Audi did it with the titanium package on the S4 for 2012. It is listed as a stand alone option but you can only get it if you first get the prestige package. I hate having to buy options I don't want just to get the privilege to buy one I do want.

Anyway, hopefully the official order guide with prices will be out soon.
As stated it is a stand alone option for $2K and is not a problem to order without the PP. I have it soley on my 2010. It is code P471.
Old 06-03-2011, 06:03 PM

1997 Ferrari F355 Berlinetta, 2014 Mercedes Benz ML 350, 2008 MB C63 AMG (deceased), 2009 MB C63 AMG
Mine is a 2009 with LSD and delimiter stand alone options and no 30 hp increase, or carbon ceramic brakes.
Old 06-03-2011, 06:03 PM

2016 Audi S3
Originally Posted by Most-Wanted
As stated it is a stand alone option for $2K and is not a problem to order without the PP. I have it soley on my 2010. It is code P471.
Good to hear. Honestly, I have always been surprised that LSD wasn't standard on the C63. Seems like something it should just have with all that power.
Old 06-03-2011, 06:19 PM

GT3
Good to hear. Honestly, I have always been surprised that LSD wasn't standard on the C63. Seems like something it should just have with all that power.
Yeah I had an 08 before with no LSD and swore I wouldnt buy another without it. In my opinion it is a must have for this car... Keep us posted on the order and post pics when it arrives... Enjoy it...
Old 06-04-2011, 08:37 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Whatever we're tuning!
I would put in a Quaife or OS Giken after you get the car. The MB LSD is very poor overall compared to the Quaife and OS.
Old 06-04-2011, 08:44 AM

2016 Audi S3
Originally Posted by Most-Wanted
Yeah I had an 08 before with no LSD and swore I wouldnt buy another without it. In my opinion it is a must have for this car... Keep us posted on the order and post pics when it arrives... Enjoy it...
Good to know. There aren't many options I want to get, but the LSD was definitely one of them. I really like the new standard interior, so the only options I really want are the LSD and the Lightning Package. Maybe the aluminum trim option as well, will have to see what ends up as the standard trim. The development package would be nice, but the extra $6K would really be stretching the budget.
Old 06-04-2011, 09:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts
Yes
P30 performance package in 09 was a one size fits all with LSD, suspension, brakes, steering wheel, delimiter. 2010 they split the LSD off into a seperate option, and instead called the performance package p31, and included strengthened internals and the flash. The name changed to deveopment package, or ppp+ or something. Off the top, someone correct if I'm wrong.
Old 06-04-2011, 09:16 AM

2010 C63, 2003 C230 coupe
Good to know. There aren't many options I want to get, but the LSD was definitely one of them. I really like the new standard interior, so the only options I really want are the LSD and the Lightning Package. Maybe the aluminum trim option as well, will have to see what ends up as the standard trim. The development package would be nice, but the extra $6K would really be stretching the budget.

I have the P31 package and the LSD.
-Love the LSD for the track
-Love the red brembo's look and feel
-Love the extra HP.
-Love the warranty backed performance

BUT after a year I want more power!
-Could have allocated that 6k into a tune, headers, exhaust,
-but will love having p31 and the tune, heads... but for 12k

If you are the type that wants more performance and warranty go p31.<--this was me until I wanted more power. (stupid porsche turbo kicked my ***)

If you know you are going to performance mod dont P31.But you COULD have to fight a warranty issue. Keep in mind the mod has to be conclusively related to the fault. IE, If you have an exhaust and your control arm goes, you are ok.