C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

My Weistec supercharger first impressions..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-05-2011, 06:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Vath ML63 Brabus C63 SL63 CLK63BS C63BS
My Weistec supercharger first impressions..

Hello. On Saturday i picked up my CLK63 Black Series after the installation of the Weistec supercharger. I have basically driven it all weekend in city driving, suburban driving, and highway driving. I am very glad i put this on my car. I have 4 AMGs and have modified all of them so, while I have no technical knowledge whatsoever, i do have some experience driving modified mercs. Setting aside the phenomenal driving capabilities of the stock BS, the car feels substantially improved with this modification.

Firstly, despite my fears the noise from the supercharger is barely noticeable at highway speeds. To anyone but a fanatic the noise is inaudible. To the fanatic there is just a faint whine when you get on it. I love that. At regular city speeds particularly in 2nd/3rd there is a whine but it is far from offensive. With the windows up you can't hear it at all under any driving conditions.

Ok, now to the goodstuff. The power from the car now is something that just amazes me. Previously, my 540hp Brabus modded C63, which has more power than a standard BS, felt considerably lighter to me and more powerful than the BS and the most powerful of my 4 AMGs. The BS now feels the best by far!!

With the torque curve so flat there is virtually the same power at the disposal of your right foot in 4th at 80km/hr as there is in 2nd taking off. I was driving up a small hill in 5th at 70km/hr today and spun the wheels before i had the chance to change down to a more appropriate gear. With just the standard 285 rear tyres my car lost traction even without a sc so I think wider tyres on any car with this supercharger are a must to take maximum advantage of the amazing power available. I have put 305 Corsa on the back and they are just enough.

Anyone of my mates who had a drive of the car this weekend immediately spun the wheels on takeoff (as i did the first time i drove it). After a few minutes one can easily get the hang of how much throttle to apply and rapidly launch the car without wheel spin. Once launched the car just keeps pulling and pulling in a way that is just awesome. Tonight I drove my SL63 modded to about 570hp straight after driving the BS and, setting aside the obvious weight difference, it felt like an absolute boat by comparison to supercharged car.

I have no idea how this car will perform in a quarter mile etc etc as i never get to the dragstrip (although i am confident it would blow my brains out). As a daily driver it is, in short, utterly utterly awesome!! And the 'experts' said it would never happen to the 63. Here's to Weistec!! Here is some car ****,

Brabus B63S and CLK in the garage

Parked at Palm Beach north of Sydney on a road trip today

Some fat rear tyres and DTM spoiler

Poor close up of new HRE Comp90s
Old 06-05-2011, 07:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GF
Love your AMG collections and I believe your the first 63 with SC in Australia..

Would be nice to see your SC in person ..

Cheers mate.
Jor
Old 06-05-2011, 07:11 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2008 C63 ,2009 SL 63 AMG, 2011 SLS AMG
Originally Posted by Maverick1975
Hello. On Saturday i picked up my CLK63 Black Series after the installation of the Weistec supercharger. I have basically driven it all weekend in city driving, suburban driving, and highway driving. I am very glad i put this on my car. I have 4 AMGs and have modified all of them so, while I have no technical knowledge whatsoever, i do have some experience driving modified mercs. Setting aside the phenomenal driving capabilities of the stock BS, the car feels substantially improved with this modification.

Firstly, despite my fears the noise from the supercharger is barely noticeable at highway speeds. To anyone but a fanatic the noise is inaudible. To the fanatic there is just a faint whine when you get on it. I love that. At regular city speeds particularly in 2nd/3rd there is a whine but it is far from offensive. With the windows up you can't hear it at all under any driving conditions.

Ok, now to the goodstuff. The power from the car now is something that just amazes me. Previously, my 540hp Brabus modded C63, which has more power than a standard BS, felt considerably lighter to me and more powerful than the BS and the most powerful of my 4 AMGs. The BS now feels the best by far!!

With the torque curve so flat there is virtually the same power at the disposal of your right foot in 4th at 80km/hr as there is in 2nd taking off. I was driving up a small hill in 5th at 70km/hr today and spun the wheels before i had the chance to change down to a more appropriate gear. With just the standard 285 rear tyres my car lost traction even without a sc so I think wider tyres on any car with this supercharger are a must to take maximum advantage of the amazing power available. I have put 305 Corsa on the back and they are just enough.

Anyone of my mates who had a drive of the car this weekend immediately spun the wheels on takeoff (as i did the first time i drove it). After a few minutes one can easily get the hang of how much throttle to apply and rapidly launch the car without wheel spin. Once launched the car just keeps pulling and pulling in a way that is just awesome. Tonight I drove my SL63 modded to about 570hp straight after driving the BS and, setting aside the obvious weight difference, it felt like an absolute boat by comparison to supercharged car.

I have no idea how this car will perform in a quarter mile etc etc as i never get to the dragstrip (although i am confident it would blow my brains out). As a daily driver it is, in short, utterly utterly awesome!! And the 'experts' said it would never happen to the 63. Here's to Weistec!! Here is some car ****,

Brabus B63S and CLK in the garage

Parked at Palm Beach north of Sydney on a road trip today

Some fat rear tyres and DTM spoiler

Poor close up of new HRE Comp90s
Thats great news man. I would love to see a video of your BS doing a run by. I drove an E63 with a weistec supercharger. I have to admit, I expected more out of it. I thought it would be more aggresive. did you dyno your BS before and after the weiste supercharger?

The E63 that I drove was modded prior to installing the SC (Headers, tune, filters).

Here is something that you will not like.....

It was dynoed before and after the weistec SC installation. It gave only 40 RWHP

Can you please confirm your dyno? and did your car have any mods prior to installing the SC?
Old 06-05-2011, 07:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by jacob502
Thats great news man. I would love to see a video of your BS doing a run by. I drove an E63 with a weistec supercharger. I have to admit, I expected more out of it. I thought it would be more aggresive. did you dyno your BS before and after the weiste supercharger?

The E63 that I drove was modded prior to installing the SC (Headers, tune, filters).

It was dynoed before and after the weistec SC installation. It gave only 40 RWHP

Can you please confirm your dyno? and did your car have any mods prior to installing the SC?
Check out my previous thread. dyno chart is contained there:

https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...s-finally.html
Old 06-05-2011, 11:17 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
2011 E63 AMG

From Weistec FAQ:
5. Do headers and exhaust aid in power gains with the supercharger?
Yes, free flowing exhaust and headers do increase efficiency of the engine. This efficiency and drop in back pressure may also decrease the boost pressure delivered by the supercharger (up to 3 psi on a Stage 1 system). The easiest way to correct this is to install the correct cog pulley size to bring boost to the desired level. Please contact our sales team to find the correct cog pulley for your application.
Old 06-05-2011, 01:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
2009 C63
If I could do it all over again, i'd charge it and be done.
BTW very nice rides, plan on lowering the BS at all?
Old 06-05-2011, 02:08 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
A car
Very impressive car!

Nice job!
Old 06-05-2011, 02:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
C32/C55 AMG
Do you have a pic of the engine bay with the supercharger?
Old 06-05-2011, 02:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
PLAID
Originally Posted by Lon@HRE
Very impressive car!

Nice job!

Nice write-up and gorgeous car!!!

Why do you guys drive on the wrong side of the road??
Old 06-05-2011, 03:18 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 29 Likes on 10 Posts
Weistec
Very nice Ben! We are glad to see you are happy. Ramspeed in Australia should get most of the credit as they were the ones that performed the installation. Ramspeed is an authorized dealer for Weistec Engineering. We recommend them if you are in the Australian/New Zealand region. Here is an engine bay picture we found from the car running on the dyno.

Old 06-05-2011, 03:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E63 P30, CL500 Sport

I think the E63 is just too heavy and too big to provide the same feel (or power effect) as the C/CLK63 with the same mods. You'll feel a difference in power but just not the same as you would feel on the C-Class or black series as they are lighter.
Old 06-05-2011, 04:26 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by MB_Forever
I think the E63 is just too heavy and too big to provide the same feel (or power effect) as the C/CLK63 with the same mods. You'll feel a difference in power but just not the same as you would feel on the C-Class or black series as they are lighter.
I dont think the weight was the issue. The E63 had an aggresive tune and mid-length tube headers and a sport exhuast with filters. Prior to installing the weistec SC, it was still very fast and it could beat C classes with lesser mods ofcourse. After installing the SC on it, it gave it power, but defenitley not 120 rwhp. I personally drove it, didnt feel alot more than it originally was. I would say about %10. (which is still pretty decent), but not what I had expected. Maybe it doesnt give that much power for modded cars as it does for stock cars

PS..I think Weistec know which E63 I am talking about
Old 06-05-2011, 07:41 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
cl MAE
i think that maverick 1975 has to put a clip or movie on his speedometer when he accelerate the car to show all what its all about,because all this numbers and dynos is "ping pong pang"acceleration is what its all about!!!!!!!!!!!! (i dont have 4 AMG`S BUT 3)
Old 06-06-2011, 10:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
2016 C63 S
Sounds incredible Maverick!!!!

Cant wait until you get your C63 Black and slap the blower on it!!!

Old 06-06-2011, 12:43 PM
Out Of Control!

Looks good! Can you make a video of your s/c BS accelerating from a standstill?

Thx
Old 06-06-2011, 02:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
05 C55
Just when I thougth that car can't possibily get any better. Beautiful!
Old 06-06-2011, 08:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by mercadoktorn
i think that maverick 1975 has to put a clip or movie on his speedometer when he accelerate the car to show all what its all about,because all this numbers and dynos is "ping pong pang"acceleration is what its all about!!!!!!!!!!!! (i dont have 4 AMG`S BUT 3)
WTF
Old 06-07-2011, 02:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

c63
Where can I see this video or a clip?
Old 06-07-2011, 03:29 AM

cl MAE
pleeease put a clip when accelerate with your weistec clk,theres only one clip on internet that shows acceleration showing the speedo,and that is an e63 amg that claims he has the weistec,but acceleration 0-200km/h goes on 14,5seconds,thats the same time a stock e63 amg makes,i want to buy a weistec for my car so much,but i havent seen any proof on it working yet,i really want you to show us how good it is!!
Old 06-07-2011, 03:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

c63
Can you post the link on the accelerate of e63 that you saw. I need to see this.

pleeease put a clip when accelerate with your weistec clk,theres only one clip on internet that shows acceleration showing the speedo,and that is an e63 amg that claims he has the weistec,but acceleration 0-200km/h goes on 14,5seconds,thats the same time a stock e63 amg makes,i want to buy a weistec for my car so much,but i havent seen any proof on it working yet,i really want you to show us how good it is!!
Old 06-07-2011, 03:57 AM
Banned

That was the same exact car that I drove, actually it made it close to 14 seconds. which is not much less than stock :-). It kick out harder from first, second, and third gear, and tends to be the same on each other gear.

Last edited by jacob502; 06-07-2011 at 04:00 AM. Reason: add
Old 06-07-2011, 10:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'16 GTS Solar
Maverick,
First off, I'm jealous of your garage. Second of all, congrats on the blower!

Obviously, you're thrilled with the Weistec but I was hoping you could provide us with a candid assessment of the cost-benefit analysis of the process. Based on your fleet of cars, I'm going to assume you probably have more discretionary income than some other users around here (myself included.) I only say this because the price for the kit is so high - based on the website the SC kit is $15K which doesnt account for the install/tune...so as in love as I am with the concept of a supercharged M156, I feel that tacking on an extra $15K+ for this upgrade (on top of what you paid for your car) could put you in something newer altogether.

It's just hard for me to justify a mod that is roughly 15% of the cost of my brand new C63 (which is substantially less expensive than your BS.) Nevertheless, I love what you've done.
Old 06-07-2011, 11:57 AM

cl MAE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHIS1n0Qx-c
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90uFVzXu93E

there is two clip from this "radwan" the first showing engine room with installed supercharger the second clip is taken one day before and shows acceleration,can it be that the supercharger wasnt installed yet in the clip where he accelerate that was taken one day before?if this is what weistec supercharger can do,,then its a big disappointment and not worth buying/installing,i havent seen any acceleration clip at all from weistec,only from outside and dyno,XTRA-POWER has some clip with a SLS supercharged and it destroys everything!!