C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Need help: how much should I pay

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-12-2011, 01:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 GT-R, 2006 Lancer Evolution
Need help: how much should I pay

So I'm looking at a C63 AMG or GT-R...i know totally different cars and this thread isn't asking what I should buy.

The C63 AMG is a 2010 with around 5000 miles on it. Mods that come with the car are:

HRE793r
KW V3
Akrapovic Exhaust

One of the things concerning me with the C63 and any AMG in general is the heavy depreciation. That's the only problem that I have when buying this car. But what would you guys pay? Thanks
Old 06-12-2011, 02:42 AM

2013 Nissan GT-R BE
I am in the same boat as you as I am currently looking into buying a GT-R. The depreciation for the GT-R is even worse so that should not be a factor for you. Remember that the GT-R has less room so it is not as good for family. However it does has a good AWD system that the C63 lacks. The C63 has the best V8 on the market and it can beat 95% of the cars out there; the GT-R has the bast performance per cost ratio and can beat 99% of the cars out there. The current rate for a used 2010 C63 with or without P31 is about $52k-$55k, and with the mods listed above it may go up a bit but not by much. We should be able to help you more if you can give us some more info like your preferences or needs. Hope this helps.

Sheep
p.s. want to buy my C63?
Old 06-12-2011, 03:29 AM

2012 GT-R, 2006 Lancer Evolution
Originally Posted by Sheep
I am in the same boat as you as I am currently looking into buying a GT-R. The depreciation for the GT-R is even worse so that should not be a factor for you. Remember that the GT-R has less room so it is not as good for family. However it does has a good AWD system that the C63 lacks. The C63 has the best V8 on the market and it can beat 95% of the cars out there; the GT-R has the bast performance per cost ratio and can beat 99% of the cars out there. The current rate for a used 2010 C63 with or without P31 is about $52k-$55k, and with the mods listed above it may go up a bit but not by much. We should be able to help you more if you can give us some more info like your preferences or needs. Hope this helps.

Sheep
p.s. want to buy my C63?
I have a Lancer Evolution as a DD if I bought another car. I test drove the C63 AMG tonight (since my friend is selling his) and it's an impressive machine. It's my first NA and my first RWD car if I did buy it. Space wise I don't have a family so that doesn't matter. THey are both different cars but I really can't decide on which.

And Sheep send me the info on your c63 amg. Also why do you want to sell?
Old 06-12-2011, 03:35 AM

2013 Nissan GT-R BE
Originally Posted by btownsoccer22
I have a Lancer Evolution as a DD if I bought another car. I test drove the C63 AMG tonight (since my friend is selling his) and it's an impressive machine. It's my first NA and my first RWD car if I did buy it. Space wise I don't have a family so that doesn't matter. THey are both different cars but I really can't decide on which.

And Sheep send me the info on your c63 amg. Also why do you want to sell?
Then I suggest you get the C63. The reason is not because I own one, but in a sense the GT-R is an extreme version of the Evo so you are sort of getting the same thing. Since you are keeping your Evo, getting the best NA V8 on the market will be better.

Sheep
Old 06-12-2011, 05:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C63
If you are planning on buying a DD I would go for the C63 hands down. The GT-R is an amazing machine but would find it hard to live with on a daily basis. I know alot of GT-R's that are daily driven but the C63 is far better in that aspect.
Performance wise its a no brainier, the GT-R trumps the C63 in every category.
Old 06-12-2011, 04:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
AMG GLC63. Audi R8
Originally Posted by btownsoccer22
So I'm looking at a C63 AMG or GT-R...i know totally different cars and this thread isn't asking what I should buy.

The C63 AMG is a 2010 with around 5000 miles on it. Mods that come with the car are:

HRE793r
KW V3
Akrapovic Exhaust

One of the things concerning me with the C63 and any AMG in general is the heavy depreciation. That's the only problem that I have when buying this car. But what would you guys pay? Thanks
The mods actually don't add much value but trying to convince the seller of that is always an issue. Bone stock the car is worth around $50k assuming it has all the option excluding the P31. The P31 option does add value and are hard to find.
Old 06-12-2011, 05:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C63 AMG
The C63 is a heck of a daily driver, it is well loaded and it performs better than 95% of the cars in teh streets. Keep the Evo for weekend, dragstrip or ocasionally daily driving. I did a couple of long trips on the Evo and the lack of cruise control , the loud exhaust, the high RPM gear and the stiff suspension doesn't make the car comfortable for long trips.

Like I said, look for a used C63, they are well priced now and they are great cars. Don't worry about depreciation, it works boths ways (cheap for someone looking for a used car as well). Look at what power and torque people are getting with Tune and Long Tube headers on their C63s, it is the best engine of its class.

Last edited by C63newdude; 06-12-2011 at 05:52 PM.