First few annoyances

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-15-2011, 09:51 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
'17 MB G63 AMG
First few annoyances

Okay Gents,

I've finally identified a few annoyances w/my C63.

1. My car has Keyless Go. As I approach my garaged car with the keys in my front pocket, the car automatically locks? I have nothing else in my pocket besides the ignition key (keyless go). I didn't touch anything? Sometimes, when I touch the door handle, to an unlocked car, the door automatically locks. I then have to reach into my front pocket to unlock the door. WTH?

2. When seated in my car, I have to start the car in order to listen to the radio. Is this due to keyless go?

3. How do I run the recirculating fan only, when approaching my residence, after I've shut down the A/C? In essence, in all of my other cars, I turn off the A/C but let the fan run to dispel the coolant, to prevent odor from emanating into the car cabin... In other words, I'm drying the A/C vents by letting the cool air evaporate b/4 I shut down my vehicles. This prevents water entrapment and prevents mold.

Any words of wisdom?

Tks,

BB
Old 06-15-2011, 09:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 c-63, 2008 ISF, 2007 996
Same issue with trying to wax my car....while leaving the key on a garage shelf, during polishing anywhere near the door, the locks open and closes repeatedly.

Minor issues for a wonderful car.
Old 06-15-2011, 10:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 514 Likes on 431 Posts
07 E63 AMG, 10 C63 AMG, 07 E63 Designo, 07 E350, 09 C300, 07 C230
1. My car has Keyless Go. As I approach my garaged car with the keys in my front pocket, the car automatically locks?

I'm not sure why your car does this, as my car stays lock until I grad the door handle.

2. When seated in my car, I have to start the car in order to listen to the radio. Is this due to keyless go?

You can push the start button, but keep your foot off the brake pedal. But you should be able to just push the radio's on button and listen to your music.

3. How do I run the recirculating fan only, In other words, I'm drying the A/C vents by letting the cool air evaporate b/4 I shut down my vehicles. This prevents water entrapment and prevents mold.

You could simply push the AC button, to disengage the AC compressor. The fan will still be on, and cool air will still flow, but that's just temporary. This will start drying out the system.
Old 06-15-2011, 10:19 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2008 C63
If you touch the outside of the door handle, the car will lock. If you touch the inside of the door handle, the car will unlock.
Old 06-15-2011, 10:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
2011 P31 C63 2015 CLA45
Originally Posted by Muskoka_AMG
If you touch the outside of the door handle, the car will lock. If you touch the inside of the door handle, the car will unlock.
^
Old 06-15-2011, 10:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Muskoka_AMG
You are correct, Sir.....
Old 06-15-2011, 10:30 AM

'17 MB G63 AMG
Tks Gents for your words of wisdom.

I understand all of your recommendations; however, I'm still at a loss as to why my unlocked/garaged car locks as I approach the driver or passenger door w/my keys in my front pocket? Again, bearing in mind that the only thing in my pant pocket are the keys to the car, and I have not touched the door handle, yet...

Tks/Cheers,

BB
Old 06-15-2011, 10:37 AM

'17 MB G63 AMG
Talking

Originally Posted by BenDiem
Tks Gents for your words of wisdom.

I understand all of your recommendations; however, I'm still at a loss as to why my unlocked/garaged car locks as I approach the driver or passenger door w/my keys in my front pocket? Again, bearing in mind that the only thing in my pant pocket are the keys to the car, and I have not touched the door handle, yet...

Tks/Cheers,

BB
^^^ After I posted my own e-mail, I'm trying to figure out my perplexing puzzle... Could it be the car goes into LOCK mode b/c upon approaching my unlocked/garaged car after a few days, that upon the car sensing the keyless go, the car goes into LOCK mode?

Could my hunch be correct??? It could/would make sense...
Annoying, nonetheless? Yes
Old 06-15-2011, 10:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

If this is bothering you so much, call your MB salesman for answers. Or ask to speak with a technician.
Old 06-15-2011, 10:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 381 Likes on 237 Posts
2010 Irridium Silver MB C63 AMG Sedan
I LOVE the keyless entry/exit feature on my car. LOVE IT. Have had no problems and it is so sensitive and fuctions on mark.

I don't mind the push button start, but almost miss turning a key and hearing the engine come alive.

I have no problems with the car recognizing the key in my pocket.

When I wash, I leave the key indoors away from the car and thus no problems.

Other wise it is an awesome feature....

The back up camera, even though I have it, kinda sucks in my opinion and I rarely depend on it because it is not crystal clear and there are no measurement markings or gauges like my friends Acura or Lexus....
Old 06-16-2011, 05:38 AM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
E63S
1. Touching the small sensor on the exterior door handle when the car is already unlocked will lock it. If the car has already been unlocked I believe that if a door has not been opened it will automatically lock again after a short period (a minute or so). Maybe this is what is happening to you
2. No need to start the car to listen to the radio etc - just turn on the system directly. No need to touch the START button to power up the car
3. There is a button called REST on the aircon module (I think only of the tri zone version) that will run the ventilation after the engine is turned off. I have never used it, not sure if it will still run after you lock up and leave the car??

I think Keyless GO is great. It came standard on my car, initially I thought it was a bit of a gimmick but you get used to the push button start soon enough. You will also find not having to fumble with keys etc when opening the car while loading stuff like kids and shopping is well worth it
Old 06-16-2011, 09:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts
Yes
Originally Posted by Yuille36
If this is bothering you so much, call your MB salesman for answers. Or ask to speak with a technician.
Why shouldnt he come here and get advice from people who can help? Come on man, youve been to the dealer, they barely know how many speeds the transmission has nevermind little quirks like this.

Sorry, just bugs me when people on a messageboard say "go call the dealer" - nice.

Having said that - the automatic locking upon you walking to the car does sound like an error. I get the whole touching handle thing, but he is saying it will remain unlocked for a period of time, then as soon as he goes back to drive the car it "click" locks on him. One would think if he has the key in his pocket, if ANY action were to be taken it would be to unlock. Wierd.
Old 06-16-2011, 11:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by rory breaker
Why shouldnt he come here and get advice from people who can help? Come on man, youve been to the dealer, they barely know how many speeds the transmission has nevermind little quirks like this.

Sorry, just bugs me when people on a messageboard say "go call the dealer" - nice.

Having said that - the automatic locking upon you walking to the car does sound like an error. I get the whole touching handle thing, but he is saying it will remain unlocked for a period of time, then as soon as he goes back to drive the car it "click" locks on him. One would think if he has the key in his pocket, if ANY action were to be taken it would be to unlock. Wierd.
I'm not saying that he can't come here and seek information. Everyone has been trying to provide him information, including me. But apparently no one can answer his locking question. My response might have seemed harsh to some, but it wasn't meant to be that way. I certainly agree that he has a problem, if your car locks upon aproaching it, imagine it unlocking in a shopping center parking lot, with all your belongings missing. Go visit your dealership and have them sort this out. Explain your situation to a tech. Hopefully, it's just something that can be changed in STAR, like entry/exit features. Have you changed your batteries in the remote? it may seem like a stupid question, but you never know, with these cars.

Last edited by Yuille36; 06-16-2011 at 11:51 AM.
Old 06-16-2011, 01:24 PM

'17 MB G63 AMG
Originally Posted by rory breaker

^^^ For the win! You get it Sir! I appreciate your understanding and your response. I generally hate e-mails, b/c e-mails lack body language, facial responses, voice inflections, etc., so you never really know what the poster means and in what tone... I also encounter this at work, so I always try to draft/send out an e-mail w/this in mind...

Tks all!

Cheers,

BB
Old 06-16-2011, 01:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by BenDiem
^^^ For the win! You get it Sir! I appreciate your understanding and your response. I generally hate e-mails, b/c e-mails lack body language, facial responses, voice inflections, etc., so you never really know what the poster means and in what tone... I also encounter this at work, so I always try to draft/send out an e-mail w/this in mind...

Tks all!

Cheers,

BB

BenDiem,

Thank you for your understand, I hope that your issue gets resolved.
When the solution is found, please post for those facing the same situation. Thank you
Old 06-16-2011, 04:04 PM

'17 MB G63 AMG
^^^ Roger that!
Old 06-16-2011, 06:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63
Originally Posted by sunday drive
Same issue with trying to wax my car....while leaving the key on a garage shelf, during polishing anywhere near the door, the locks open and closes repeatedly.

Minor issues for a wonderful car.
+1
I dont have keyless go on the C63 but have the same issue with the CL.
Old 06-17-2011, 02:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
AMG GLC63. Audi R8
They is such a thing as too much technolgy.
Old 06-17-2011, 07:57 AM

'17 MB G63 AMG
Originally Posted by DuaneC63
They is such a thing as too much technolgy.
^^^ lol... my sentiments exactly. I would not have ordered the feature, for that reason alone; however, I had no choice, inasmuch that the car was ordered by the dealer with this option...

I hate how dealers always order a car w/all of the bells and whistles... I'm a minimalist, and I prefer my cars w/minimal luxuries.

I know, I'm in the minority here, as evidenced by the luxury cars optioned by dealers with all of the bells and whistles...

Of the two C63s on my dealer's lot, I picked the one w/the least options.

Cheers/BB