C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Why I am leaning towards a C63 rather than E9X M3

Old 06-19-2011, 03:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
B8 S4 STASIS
Why I am leaning towards a C63 rather than E9X M3

Thought I'd join this forum after being a long time observer. Leaning heavily towards choosing this car in the near future over the E90 M3. The reason being is that many M3 owners are something I cannot stand or would like to be associated with. The car is fantastic, I've driven it many times and understand the pros and cons. After being on some of the bimmer forums, it makes me realize how quickly most of the owners think its the M3 or nothing. It amazes me looking at the mentality of some of the owners and thinking their M3 is then best and I don't want to hear about anything else. I understand that happens with many forums, but after years and years on being on various forums, Bimmer guys always stick out. Not bashing the car, just the attitude of the owners.

A good reason why I am interested in the AMG is that I really like it as a DD, the low end torque and growl are big selling points for me personally. Are there any recommendations you guys have when buying a used C63?

Old 06-19-2011, 03:45 PM

335i
Look for the P30/P31. P30 (2008-2009) is a handling package that adds revised suspension, an LSD, and better brakes for a better driving experience. P31 which has been offered since 2010, is similar to P30, but removes the LSD (standalone option now), but adds engine components from the SLS supercar for increased output (451 to 481 HP).
Old 06-19-2011, 04:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C63 AMG
Honestly, you should completely ignore what car owners say in regards of their own cars and you should just focus on what you like. Obviously on BMW forums like e90.post you will always find that type pf person that think that their car choice is the best but like I said you shoul;d just buy what you like.

Many of us(most of us) would like to own a M-3 besides the C63, or even a Cadillac CTS-V or similar cars but we chose the C63 or unique reasons. I personally love the avalanche of torque that you get when you hit the gas. The C63 is efortlessly to drive, it pust great amount of torque at low RPMs and the power delivery is always there whenever you need it without having to be in a high rpm band like the M-3s.

Whatever you do go and test drive any car first.
Old 06-19-2011, 04:08 PM

CLK 500(Gone), C63 FTW!
Originally Posted by iocrv
Thought I'd join this forum after being a long time observer. Leaning heavily towards choosing this car in the near future over the E90 M3. The reason being is that many M3 owners are something I cannot stand or would like to be associated with. The car is fantastic, I've driven it many times and understand the pros and cons. After being on some of the bimmer forums, it makes me realize how quickly most of the owners think its the M3 or nothing. It amazes me looking at the mentality of some of the owners and thinking their M3 is then best and I don't want to hear about anything else. I understand that happens with many forums, but after years and years on being on various forums, Bimmer guys always stick out. Not bashing the car, just the attitude of the owners.

A good reason why I am interested in the AMG is that I really like it as a DD, the low end torque and growl are big selling points for me personally. Are there any recommendations you guys have when buying a used C63?

Mostly same reason, but I am trying not to include the "community attitude". I am a die hard E46 M3 fan, but E9x is not "raw" enough for my taste. I gotta to admit, I dont like any previous C-class (c32, c55) but C63 is completely different car!

Other reason is the torque that C63 got...cmon 450 lb/ft VS 298 lb/ft ??
Also the idea that AMG using the SAME engine as any other line up made me thinking "Hmm, I am sure it can produce more than 450 in near future by simple mods"

and the main reason...is the EXHAUST NOTE is INTOXICATING! I got a fetish about C63 exhaust note....and I dont think I need a rehab for that
Old 06-19-2011, 04:11 PM

2013 Nissan GT-R BE
Cars.com is your friend . I found mine from their listing. If you are unsure about the car, then I would recommend looking for a 09-10 used for about $50 with P31. If not, then just go to the dealer and order a new 2012.

Sheep
Old 06-19-2011, 04:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2017 BMW X5M DG/AB
The C63 is a great car. When I choose a car I only care about how I feel about it and how much I think I'll enjoy driving it. I could NOT care less about how drivers of a particular make/model are perceived.

Last edited by GBlansten; 06-20-2011 at 11:15 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 06-19-2011, 04:16 PM

B8 S4 STASIS
Thanks for advice guys. In terms of maintenance, it looks like its not too bad. Tires go out fast I understand but in terms of servicing is it costly? Also has anyone on these forums gone above 40k or 50k miles? How is the reliability of the engine at those mileages?
Old 06-19-2011, 04:17 PM

B8 S4 STASIS
Originally Posted by B.E.R.U.A.N.G
Mostly same reason, but I am trying not to include the "community attitude". I am a die hard E46 M3 fan, but E9x is not "raw" enough for my taste. I gotta to admit, I dont like any previous C-class (c32, c55) but C63 is completely different car!

Other reason is the torque that C63 got...cmon 450 lb/ft VS 298 lb/ft ??
Also the idea that AMG using the SAME engine as any other line up made me thinking "Hmm, I am sure it can produce more than 450 in near future by simple mods"

and the main reason...is the EXHAUST NOTE is INTOXICATING! I got a fetish about C63 exhaust note....and I dont think I need a rehab for that
Gotta agree with you on the exhaust, its absolutely amazing.
Old 06-19-2011, 04:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63
Im not trying to bash on M3's or they're owners but some of them just take it to another level. I'm not saying this doesn't exist in the AMG community but
driving a nice car shouldn't change a persons mentality or attitude towards others.

My vote goes for the C63 because of its sheer fun factor, Gobs of low end torque and a very fun car overall.
M3 is a great car as well, but buying associated with other M3 owners wouldn't be a reason for me not to get the car.
I would drive both cars and see which one you like better.
Old 06-19-2011, 04:49 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'11 C63, '22 GLS 63, Porsches, M3, M4
The C63 and M3 are both great cars, but they're different enough that you should drive both to see which one you enjoy more. I have a C63, and would stay with the C63 if I could have only one (for the reasons already mentioned by others), but I'm looking at adding an M3 for the sake of variety.

The character of the driver population for a car isn't a factor for me at all, plus the people in an M3 forum probably aren't representative of the M3 driver population anyway.

Good luck with your decision!
Old 06-19-2011, 04:50 PM

B8 S4 STASIS
Originally Posted by IAA-C63
The C63 and M3 are both great cars, but they're different enough that you should drive both to see which one you enjoy more. I have a C63, and would stay with the C63 if I could have only one (for the reasons already mentioned by others), but I'm looking at adding an M3 for the sake of variety.

The character of the driver population for a car isn't a factor for me at all, plus the people in an M3 forum probably aren't representative of the M3 driver population anyway.

Well said, understand completely!
Old 06-20-2011, 03:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
AMG GLC63. Audi R8

IAA-C63 is correct. You should buy one of each.
Old 06-20-2011, 07:35 AM

Serpent S966
...........The reason being is that many M3 owners are something I cannot stand or would like to be associated with. ........
BMW 3er forum has always been that way, till now. I've seen similar pattern lately on W212 forum.
Old 06-20-2011, 09:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2024 EQE 43 AMG SUV
Originally Posted by 02Drunkenup
Look for the P30/P31. P30 (2008-2009) is a handling package that adds revised suspension, an LSD, and better brakes for a better driving experience. P31 which has been offered since 2010, is similar to P30, but removes the LSD (standalone option now), but adds engine components from the SLS supercar for increased output (451 to 481 HP).
The P31 also left out the suspension of the P30 after critique of it being too stiff. Avoid P30 if you don't love a really rough ride (The c63 isn't exactly soft in its normal form ) Just my 0.02
Old 06-20-2011, 09:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2009 c63, 2010 E63
As others have stated before, buy what you feel is the car for you and not to base your decision on the general attitude of its drivers.
Old 06-20-2011, 10:38 AM

2021 Taycan Turbo, 2018 Radical SR3, 2021 Lincoln Aviator

All the reasons why I did not get an M3! Also the C63 is a monster at the track if you modify it a little (will destroy an M3, check my vids!)
Old 06-20-2011, 03:05 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2009 C63 AMG / 2007 BMW 130i M Sport
As said above, I wouldn’t bother neither stereotype. I had an E46 M3 and changed for the C63. I guess it is the case of many other fellow members here.

I had the E46 because I thought it looked great, handled great and was a raw-direct car. I want to sit on the car and step on the gas. I don’t fancy pushing three-hudnred-twenty-five buttons to decide if I want a stiffer suspension, or a smoother rolling, or if the height of my vehicle is appropriate for my course.

Man, I can’t even match my pants with shirt. And when I go to a buffet, I always go for the fish AND the meat. So, don’t give me options or I’ll mess it up.

So, when the new M3 arrived, I had second thoughts. I think it looks amazing and really handles great. But I’m not a pro driver. I’ll do street driving most of the time and, in the course, my limited skills are more dangerous than any suspension adjustment!

The C63, is much more useful to me. It is simple, powerful, loud and I think it looks as good as the M3.
Old 06-20-2011, 06:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
A V8
wow, op i must say I agree... I currently own an e46 m3.. and i frequently browse BMW forums of all sorts.. It's definitely annoying to see the attitudes they have. (I sound like i don't own a BMW, but hey...) I find myself ashamed to be apart of the BMW community sometimes with the things i read online.

I was contemplating the e90M3 as well, but i made my mind up the other day, and I'm going C63.
Old 06-20-2011, 07:07 PM

2020 GLE450
Originally Posted by solekeeper
wow, op i must say I agree... I currently own an e46 m3.. and i frequently browse BMW forums of all sorts.. It's definitely annoying to see the attitudes they have. (I sound like i don't own a BMW, but hey...) I find myself ashamed to be apart of the BMW community sometimes with the things i read online.

I was contemplating the e90M3 as well, but i made my mind up the other day, and I'm going C63.

Ditto here except that I never liked the e90 M3. So many of the threads/posts that I read on the M3 forums are absurd, juvenile, ignorant, etc. But that does not keep me from driving what I like best (went from a C63 back to an E46 M3 for a number of reasons).

Between the e90 M3 and the C63, the latter is the winner by far if it's going to be a road car, IMO.
Old 06-20-2011, 07:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
A V8
Originally Posted by rantarC63
Ditto here except that I never liked the e90 M3. So many of the threads/posts that I read on the M3 forums are absurd, juvenile, ignorant, etc. But that does not keep me from driving what I like best (went from a C63 back to an E46 M3 for a number of reasons).

Between the e90 M3 and the C63, the latter is the winner by far if it's going to be a road car, IMO.

Yea, i'm over the BMW scene now, really.

Mercedes is as Prestigious if not more than BMW, with all of the luxury etc... So i don't get what all the big-mouthing is going on about BMW

I haven't seen the arrogance here like I have on BMW forums..

None at all.. It's much more mature and civilized.
Old 06-21-2011, 12:22 AM

B8 S4 STASIS
What's funny to me is that the amount of problems people seem to have with the car as well, sure all cars have mechanical problems I understand, but it seems like its a rather large amount on the BMW forums! O well... here is something funny I saw a bit ago. Just look at the type of stuff that goes on on one of the forums! Interesting!

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 06-21-2011, 12:24 AM

B8 S4 STASIS
Originally Posted by solekeeper
Yea, i'm over the BMW scene now, really.

Mercedes is as Prestigious if not more than BMW, with all of the luxury etc... So i don't get what all the big-mouthing is going on about BMW

I haven't seen the arrogance here like I have on BMW forums..

None at all.. It's much more mature and civilized.
I agree, this forum seems more mature and civilized. Some of the M3 guys are just
Old 06-21-2011, 12:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63
What's funny to me is that the amount of problems people seem to have with the car as well, sure all cars have mechanical problems I understand, but it seems like its a rather large amount on the BMW forums! O well... here is something funny I saw a bit ago. Just look at the type of stuff that goes on on one of the forums! Interesting!

[IMG][/IMG]
Interesting indeed. lol
Old 06-21-2011, 07:52 AM

'11 C63, '22 GLS 63, Porsches, M3, M4
I agree, this forum seems more mature and civilized. Some of the M3 guys are just
It also depends on a forum's moderators. If the moderators are too lax, a forum can get really out of control, like the wild west. In the brain tumor forum I moderate, I don't tolerate lack of civility at all, but of course the stakes are much higher there than in a car forum.
Old 06-21-2011, 08:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2017 BMW X5M DG/AB
It also depends on a forum's moderators. If the moderators are too lax, a forum can get really out of control, like the wild west. In the brain tumor forum I moderate, I don't tolerate lack of civility at all, but of course the stakes are much higher there than in a car forum.
Don't speak too fast. The pilocytic astrocytoma subforum has been pretty unruly lately. I'm just saying.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Why I am leaning towards a C63 rather than E9X M3