C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

What would you do with a seller like this???!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-26-2011, 01:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AMG GTS
What would you do with a seller like this???!!!

Alright i waited to give a chance to have the seller resolve this before i posted this.

I bought a MCD CF Lip from A-M?

He ships it through UPS, i receive it damaged. He then tells me it was not insured. I spend my time calling and filing a claim.
his final response is this
" As of now the problem is between you and the UPS and the packaging store that I've dropped it off to if UPS said that the damage has been caused by the improper packaging"

I am filing a claim with paypal.

Obviously i am pretty pissed i wasted my time with this BS.

Old 06-26-2011, 01:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 53 Likes on 41 Posts
i drive them all, fast and hard
wtf, he didnt pack it himself....is this a private seller or online shop
Old 06-26-2011, 01:49 PM

AMG GTS
private seller he made a thread on here selling that and some wheels.
Old 06-26-2011, 04:39 PM

GT3
It's up to the seller to insure the package arrives safely. So if it's damaged it's up to him to reimburse the buyer or send him another item. I just had ups damage my mini battery I sold. I immediately sent the buyer a full refund and handle the claim with ups. I didn't insure it fully and lost my azz on the deal. But that's what a solid seller does. If I were you I would tell the mods to list the seller as a scanner and untrustworthy seller so others don't get bitten. Sorry u had a bum transaction.
Old 06-26-2011, 04:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
2009 C63
good luck, paypal blows at reimbursement. Also don't buy from new members with little to no credit behind there name. Many of us have met each other on here so at least you can get an idea based on the veteran members.
Old 06-26-2011, 08:39 PM

AMG GTS
Well now the seller is implying that I already had a damaged front lip and that some how I tried mastermind a scheme to swap out for his.
make sense? ??
So apparently I am now the one that is responsible because of this.
Old 06-26-2011, 10:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by midnyite
Well now the seller is implying that I already had a damaged front lip and that some how I tried mastermind a scheme to swap out for his.
make sense? ??
So apparently I am now the one that is responsible because of this.
Did you pay with credit card to paypal? If you lose the paypal dispute, call your CC company and tell them you want to refuse payment on the paypal item, for basically fraud (term held loosely, but it gets the job done).

Next time though, be sure to tell the seller to buy insurance on packages. You never know what UPS/USPS/FedEx will do to make your life just a little bit more miserable.
Old 06-27-2011, 11:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
360 Modena TT
first of all , how was the packing on the front lip ? it is very possible that UPS did damage the lip during transit . what kind of damage was it ? as far as not having insurance , UPS automatically puts $100 insurance from all my past shipping experiences . i have always done my shipping through Postal Annex and i have always had the automatic $100 insurance to start .

the shipper usually ends up looking like the bad guy when stuff like this happens . i have had my fair share of problems when shipping things and of course i looked like the bad guy to start . i always resolve my issues right away with the buyer to keep a good name . the seller should try his best to help you fix the problem ( if it's not his fault ) . usually when the shipper washes his hands of the whole deal after purchase , something's fishy

just like someone else said , make sure you check up on the seller before buying things from them
Old 06-27-2011, 11:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Most-Wanted
It's up to the seller to insure the package arrives safely. So if it's damaged it's up to him to reimburse the buyer or send him another item. I just had ups damage my mini battery I sold. I immediately sent the buyer a full refund and handle the claim with ups. I didn't insure it fully and lost my azz on the deal. But that's what a solid seller does. If I were you I would tell the mods to list the seller as a scanner and untrustworthy seller so others don't get bitten. Sorry u had a bum transaction.
Agreed. That is what a stand-up seller would do if they didn't offer insurance to the buyer in writing. Reputation is everything.

If seller of the lip offered insurance and you refused it, then I would say it is on the buyer. However, the seller should also reasonably pack and safeguard the product sold for shipping. As a seller, you should know better unless this was his/her first FS transaction.
Old 06-27-2011, 12:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
'10 C63
+1 that UPS does insure a minimum of a $100 on every package.